What's new
I recently got v2.0 setup and I have some questions that hopefully someone could answer.

1. How do we change the exit button combo? I'd like to use the P1_B1+P1_Start combo.

2. IS there anywhere to block or remove the configuration options from the menu? I'm having a party this weekend and I'd really rather not have people changing settings on me.

3. Several times now when exiting back to the menu it's exited the game and displayed the menu but either the controls were locked or the system froze (hard to tell which). at the time I was running 480P with a Vewlix JVS IO. I may have fat-fingered additional buttons when exiting. Has anyone else run into this issue?

1.) Currently there is not a way to change the button combo. Maybe in the next release

2.) Unfortunately not, though you could always backup the "D:\TypeXmulti" folder and restore after the event.

3.) What's the date in the filename of your drive image?

2.) Unfortunately not, though you could always backup the "D:\TypeXmulti" folder and restore after the event.
my concern isn't so much that they change MY settings, but that they break the setup mid event and I have to spend time fixing it.

some kid will mash buttons or someone will push something they weren't intending to and it will get stuck on some screen. I swear some people are a magnet for that stuff, if there's a hidden menu with an idiot proof key combo to reach it; they'll find it by accident.

3.) What's the date in the filename of your drive image?
082419 I grabbed it from the first post just a few days ago.

lol very true. It might be best to disable the button combo and just choose a game for the night.

Do you recall what game you where exiting when the issue happens?

I don't remember off the top of my head. it was one of the SF games, they're the only games I've loaded up so far. 3rd strike, SSF4 and USF4. one of those.

I don't remember off the top of my head. it was one of the SF games, they're the only games I've loaded up so far. 3rd strike, SSF4 and USF4. one of those.
If it's anything like the X3, all 6 buttons + Start will reboot the system (confirmed on USF4). I've also had (1) example of extreme button mashing crash the X3.

If it's anything like the X3, all 6 buttons + Start will reboot the system (confirmed on USF4). I've also had (1) example of extreme button mashing crash the X3.
is that for a "special" usf4 x3.

If so it is likely the maker doesn't handle the E0 packet for jvs. All six buttons and start makes E0. You are supposed to escape a E0 but if you don't it will think a new command us sent and error cuse it will have no idea what to do next

is that for a "special" usf4 x3.
If so it is likely the maker doesn't handle the E0 packet for jvs. All six buttons and start makes E0. You are supposed to escape a E0 but if you don't it will think a new command us sent and error cuse it will have no idea what to do next
1P Start & 6 buttons:
0b10000011 -> 0x83
0b11110000 -> 0xf0

1P Start & 5 buttons:
0b10000011 -> 0x83
0b11100000 -> 0xe0 :D

I see a local pickup for a TTX2 Chase HQ2 computer. Seller says the HDD is shot. Still very much salvageable for a multi setup if that's the only issue? What else would I need to get started besides files and a new HDD? A JVS I/O?

I see a local pickup for a TTX2 Chase HQ2 computer. Seller says the HDD is shot. Still very much salvageable for a multi setup if that's the only issue? What else would I need to get started besides files and a new HDD? A JVS I/O?
You want to make sure the X2 has the GS979/7900GS GPU and Pentium4 CPU.

Then yea, just a HDD/SSD and JVS I/O.

Buy a 7900GS off ebay and flash it, using the instructions in another thread in this same subforum.

I don't know that the CPU matters too much, but I could be wrong. Niko probably knows better than I would.

Sorry for the slight hijack, but who was the member "mantaining" the latest MAME4TTX2?

I managed to pick up the TTx2 this weekend. It's the 204A model, which has a Celeron CPU 3.2GHz, 512MB of RAM, and a ATI X1600 Pro card. It also came with a IO card with the wiring, but not the steering or pedal parts.

The HDD is recognized on boot, but it goes to the BIOS password screen. As I understand it, it's not been cracked, so nothing I can do with it for now.

Here's my questions:

1) For a multi, what should be replaced? RAM, GPU, and HDD? And CPU, too, or is that Celeron sufficient?
2) Can the Taito IO be used for actual stick and button controls, or since this is from a driving setup, would it only work for driving games?
3) Anything else I'm missing before I begin? Cloning the original HDD?

1.) You will want to upgrade the CPU to a P4 (SL9KE). RAM to atleast 1 GB, and most importantly the GPU (7900GS).

2.) Depends on the I/O. Most likely you will need to get a replacement. I'd grab a Sega Rev. B off YAJ.

3.) No need to overwrite original HDD, I'd recommend using a nice new SSD.

Back