What's new
Finally after nearly 2 years of it sitting around as a doorstop I got my TTX2 unit working. I originally bought this from @corey as "working" however it never has and he's gone AWOL (I hope you're doing ok if you see this mate, drop me a text).

Originally nothing would load on this X2 aside from Crimzon Clover and that played with lots of screen tearing and a super crappy 15fps frame rate with MAJOR slowdown. Unbearable. All other games would just exit back to the multi menu.

I found a second hand 7900GS cheap a few months back and @xodaraP helped me flash the Elsa Bios on it today which now gave this thing a heartbeat --USF4 and Akai Katana work at least!

I'm having a few issues now on Niko Multi v1.4 -- BUT it could be this HDD image as this one was put together quickly by corey to try diagnose the issues I was originally facing and he might have changed some settings?

1. I/O Error -- 3D Mahjong, Gigawing, KOF Skystage (so far, out of the games I've tested) -- I'm using a Fast I/O with RFID connected in a Blast City cab. Any ideas what this could be? Voltages and cables are all fine from what I can see. RFID is connected to JVS port and all 6 buttons on the Jamma Fast I/O work.

2. Inability to Coin Up -- Crimzon Clover, Elevator Action (so far, out of the games I've tested) -- It seems like the version of Crimzon Clover on this HDD has two coin chutes enabled? I am unable to enter the service menu either? I have another hard drive here with a different version of the game/earlier Niko multi which seems to have just one coin chute enabled / and maybe different settings. Any ideas how to fix this?

Samurai Spirits Sen -- hangs at "Starting Samurai Spirits Sen" screen. Skullgirls just exits out to the menu.

I still have to go through some more games, but these are the errors so far. This is my first PC based arcade hardware, sorry for the n00biness and thanks for the help.

Finally after nearly 2 years of it sitting around as a doorstop I got my TTX2 unit working. I originally bought this from @corey as "working" however it never has and he's gone AWOL (I hope you're doing ok if you see this mate, drop me a text).

Originally nothing would load on this X2 aside from Crimzon Clover and that played with lots of screen tearing and a super crappy 15fps frame rate with MAJOR slowdown. Unbearable. All other games would just exit back to the multi menu.

I found a second hand 7900GS cheap a few months back and @xodaraP helped me flash the Elsa Bios on it today which now gave this thing a heartbeat --USF4 and Akai Katana work at least!

I'm having a few issues now on Niko Multi v1.4 -- BUT it could be this HDD image as this one was put together quickly by corey to try diagnose the issues I was originally facing and he might have changed some settings?

1. I/O Error -- 3D Mahjong, Gigawing, KOF Skystage (so far, out of the games I've tested) -- I'm using a Fast I/O with RFID connected in a Blast City cab. Any ideas what this could be? Voltages and cables are all fine from what I can see. RFID is connected to JVS port and all 6 buttons on the Jamma Fast I/O work.

2. Inability to Coin Up -- Crimzon Clover, Elevator Action (so far, out of the games I've tested) -- It seems like the version of Crimzon Clover on this HDD has two coin chutes enabled? I am unable to enter the service menu either? I have another hard drive here with a different version of the game/earlier Niko multi which seems to have just one coin chute enabled / and maybe different settings. Any ideas how to fix this?

Samurai Spirits Sen -- hangs at "Starting Samurai Spirits Sen" screen. Skullgirls just exits out to the menu.

I still have to go through some more games, but these are the errors so far. This is my first PC based arcade hardware, sorry for the n00biness and thanks for the help.
I believe you’re running an outdated image of Nikos Multi Game. The latest version is 2.0. I would start by updating your HDD using the latest image of Nikos Multi 2.0, that way you can start fresh. Who knows it might fix your problems.

Thanks @voltron -- that definitely fixed it and +1 to @nidulans who came through and assisted flashing the SSD. Super happy with it all, and it's all getting some good burn on my Blast City atm.

A few things that seem like common problems some of ya'll might have run into:

GigaWing Generations, King of Fighters SkyStage and Shikigami no Shiro 3 are locked in Tate mode. I'm assuming this is the way they were intended to be played on the Type X hardware. Homura, Raiden III and IV run fine Horizontally due to them being the NesicaxLive versions. Is there any value I can change to get the native Type X games to work Horizontally, and likewise to change the others into TATE if I ever flip my screen.

Controls on Deathsmiles II don't work for me (assuming perhaps a Fast IO issue?). The game actually loads when I have my Fast IO connected *with* the card reader. If I disconnect the card reader it doesn't boot at all which is equally strange considering it's now emulated.

Also wondering what versions of SFIV and Super Street Fighter IV are the 2P incarnations (Export perhaps?)

Finally I would like to play Otomedius and Tetris: GrandMaster 3, has anyone out there got either game to boot, seems to be a troublesome pair to get going on the Multi. From what I can gather, I'll need a seperate drive to play TGM3 due to it needing a special graphics driver (https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...standalone-drive-image-save-issue-fixed.3691/) -- can someone confirm it works with a FastIO before I get a drive for it.

Thanks again for all your help and thanks @Niko for making this. I'm very late to this party, but it's still a nice piece to have for anyone with a 480p cab.

Last edited:
Thanks @voltron -- that definitely fixed it and +1 to @nidulans who came through and assisted flashing the SSD. Super happy with it all, and it's all getting some good burn on my Blast City atm.

A few things that seem like common problems some of ya'll might have run into:

GigaWing Generations, King of Fighters SkyStage and Shikigami no Shiro 3 are locked in Tate mode. I'm assuming this is the way they were intended to be played on the Type X hardware. Homura, Raiden III and IV run fine Horizontally due to them being the NesicaxLive versions. Is there any value I can change to get the native Type X games to work Horizontally, and likewise to change the others into TATE if I ever flip my screen.

Controls on Deathsmiles II don't work for me (assuming perhaps a Fast IO issue?). The game actually loads when I have my Fast IO connected *with* the card reader. If I disconnect the card reader it doesn't boot at all which is equally strange considering it's now emulated.

Also wondering what versions of SFIV and Super Street Fighter IV are the 2P incarnations (Export perhaps?)

Finally I would like to play Otomedius and Tetris: GrandMaster 3, has anyone out there got either game to boot, seems to be a troublesome pair to get going.

Thanks again for all your help and thanks @Niko for making this. I'm very late to this party, but it's still a nice piece to have for anyone with a 480p cab.

TGM3 has a separate disk image. You'll need to swap between them because of driver incompatibilities. I think SSFIV's 2P mode is a test mode setting. SFIV might be the same, but I've never tried. I know USFIV is 2P, since that's the only version I play these days.

Tetris drive image is here: https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...standalone-drive-image-save-issue-fixed.3691/

@DoktorSleepless -- Thanks! I had just read that thread in full and edited my post :) -- just wanna know now if anyone has used a FastIO with TGM3.

The 2P mode (change "PCB" type) is indeed in USFIV, however I couldn't see it in either SFIV and SSFIV... I don't even think I'd play them, just wanted to know if there was a version out there for completion sake.

There is no way to change the original TAITO Type X games from tate to yoko. They are also originally JVS.

The Deathsmiles II interface is JVS only IIRC. However it will not be very playable.

@DoktorSleepless -- Thanks! I had just read that thread in full and edited my post :) -- just wanna know now if anyone has used a FastIO with TGM3.

The 2P mode (change "PCB" type) is indeed in USFIV, however I couldn't see it in either SFIV and SSFIV... I don't even think I'd play them, just wanted to know if there was a version out there for completion sake.
I think it's Ver.2012 that has 2P mode? I'd have to fire my system up and check. As for FastIO on TGM3, I have no idea and I can't test because I don't have a FastIO. :(

I don't think the TGM3 single-drive image has FastIO support. It does work with FastIO but you would need to update the nvidia drivers in the multi image for it to work. This however breaks multiple X2 games (Samsho Sen, KoF shooty game, I forget the others.)

Good info, thanks for chiming in. I will skip TGM3 then.

Had some weird behaviour that I haven't been able to isolate. My unit has started randomly rebooting, sometimes 10 minutes in, sometimes 30 minutes in. It's not overheating and seems to be running fine. I've tried turning game patches off, game exit off, everything on, and same issue.

The only thing I changed was that I didn't hook up my card reader when I changed to a 2P panel on my cab.

Does card reader emulation work with FastIO, and is this an issue anyone else has faced using a standalone FastIO without card reader?

Good info, thanks for chiming in. I will skip TGM3 then.

Had some weird behaviour that I haven't been able to isolate. My unit has started randomly rebooting, sometimes 10 minutes in, sometimes 30 minutes in. It's not overheating and seems to be running fine. I've tried turning game patches off, game exit off, everything on, and same issue.

The only thing I changed was that I didn't hook up my card reader when I changed to a 2P panel on my cab.

Does card reader emulation work with FastIO, and is this an issue anyone else has faced using a standalone FastIO without card reader?

Last time I had random reboots, it turned out to be RAM.

RFID emulation will work with FastI/O, though if you have one and its only a matter of plugging in the cable, then id recommend using it. Not that there is anything wrong with the RFID emulation, just slightly less overhead. :)

So I must have accidentally tapped the D button when booting Maximum Impact (so now it autoboots) and of course when you exit the test screen it’s one of the few games that doesn’t go back to the main menu, it just reboots the game. Solution?

So I must have accidentally tapped the D button when booting Maximum Impact (so now it autoboots) and of course when you exit the test screen it’s one of the few games that doesn’t go back to the main menu, it just reboots the game. Solution?
try to connect a ps/2 keyboard and kill the game with "ALT-F4" or "ESC" Most game will quit like that. If it's not working some games will 'quit" going in service menu and choose the last option in general. (often in japenese)

Hello guys.
I'm really struggling to have my USB keyboard working on TTX2. After reading the thread, i put the file from @Murray but nothing changed. It seems that the keyboard is not even powered by USB port (even if i press capslock or numpad the leds doesn't light up).

Can anyone help me, please?

Thank you very much.

Hello guys.
I'm really struggling to have my USB keyboard working on TTX2. After reading the thread, i put the file from @Murray but nothing changed. It seems that the keyboard is not even powered by USB port (even if i press capslock or numpad the leds doesn't light up).

Can anyone help me, please?

Thank you very much.
You need a ps/2 keyboard. TTX2 is the only reason I really still have one 😆

Is there any chance to access Windows, having a PS2 keyboard attached to the TTX2?
I tried to Alt+F4 from Niko's multi, but i had only a black screen. ;(

the multi uses ttxshell for windows explorer so when you alt+f4 the application it's pretty much dead in the water

it's not really designed to be a full-blown windows experience, embedded lacks a lot of dlls and the sort to make a normal desktop function

I have a few Qs
  • has anyone been able to get DariusBurst working on one screen in the 2.0 multi?
  • I heard theres an image of niko's 2.0 multi that works on the x3
If anyone could PM ME WITH MORE INFO I would appreciate that ;)

Back