What's new
if it is indeed a multi installed on the TTX it will most likely be a usb key for mame.
i wouldn't stress about the drive if it is a multi as nikos is more than likely better and you can add/remove games as you please

Nikos multi does not require any usb key to function.

once you get a chance take a picture of the usb device and a picture of the machine booted and we should be able to help you identify what everything is for you.

Hey peeps. I have a few questions. Just got the Type X2 and havent been able to play with it really. It's got a multidisk on it that i think is a modified version of the arcademodbios.

It comes with the SSD and a USB key. Now i want to format theSSD and install the Niko multi, what about the USB-key? From what i understand you don't need a USB-key for the Niko multi? Is the USB-key worth saving after formating the drive and installing the Niko multi?
With the price of drives being so low, I'd recommend just buying another SSD or HDD to use with my multi. Any off the shelf SATA II or SATA III drive drive will do just fine, if you got the HDD route make sure you grab atleast a 7200RPM drive.

Like others have mentioned, the USB key is most likely a MAME setup. You wont need a USB key when using my multi, unless you want to boot games from USB.

Installed the Multi and got it working now. Had some problems at first since the dip settings made it start the games in 720p but then got it figured out. Now however, i ran into other problems. We could play for a while then all of a sudden the CP stopped working at all when booted into the multi. I know it still works and is not broken down cos i can play KOF that i have on HD, but when i connect the multi and try to play, the CP just dont work anymore. Anyone ran into this problem before?

Edit: When i think of it it might have started after trying to configure the screen settings of Crimson Clover. When it started it was lowres, so i went to settings, changed to 640x480. Then it went into that screen where it asks if i want to keep the settings. If i dont do anything it will return to the last setting. The controls stopped working as soon as i pressed apply, but i thought it started another version of the game and thats why i couldn't move and save the settings. Turned off the cab and i believe it didnt work after that. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Installed the Multi and got it working now. Had some problems at first since the dip settings made it start the games in 720p but then got it figured out. Now however, i ran into other problems. We could play for a while then all of a sudden the CP stopped working at all when booted into the multi. I know it still works and is not broken down cos i can play KOF that i have on HD, but when i connect the multi and try to play, the CP just dont work anymore. Anyone ran into this problem before?

Edit: When i think of it it might have started after trying to configure the screen settings of Crimson Clover. When it started it was lowres, so i went to settings, changed to 640x480. Then it went into that screen where it asks if i want to keep the settings. If i dont do anything it will return to the last setting. The controls stopped working as soon as i pressed apply, but i thought it started another version of the game and thats why i couldn't move and save the settings. Turned off the cab and i believe it didnt work after that. Any ideas?
I'm having the same "controls stop working" problem. Darksoft (god bless him :D ) is helping me solving it, I'm in touch with him via pm. Maybe we should move our discussion here.
@Darksoft
what do you think?

I'm having the same "controls stop working" problem. Darksoft (god bless him :D ) is helping me solving it, I'm in touch with him via pm. Maybe we should move our discussion here.@Darksoft
what do you think?
Yeah, it's an interesting bug. Now it works again after resting for an hour and 3 restarts. Strange!

Yeah, I had the same bug also once.

The circumstances;
image version 1.2, played around with the menu settings (LCD or CRT display setting) and after that no controls.
But after a reboot the controls worked.

never bothered to change the settings after that and haven't tested with the 1.3 image.

I'm with Pascal. I recall this happening to me too but I didn't think much of it. I opened up the settings and changed the autoboot timer and when I went back to the menu my joystick would work but the buttons didn't function. I rebooted and everything was fine.

Mmm... My situation is actually a bit worse. I tried booting up the multi countless times, and everytime controls only work for a couple of seconds then everything "freeze". If I manage to launch a game, however, controls work flawlessly (except for examu games)

Mmm... My situation is actually a bit worse. I tried booting up the multi countless times, and everytime controls only work for a couple of seconds then everything "freeze". If I manage to launch a game, however, controls work flawlessly (except for examu games)
if I recall correct I might have that as well one or two times, don't remember the circumstances though...

Anyway, like said before no issues since the 1.3 update, but I assume you're already running the latest version?
Did you try to reinstall the image yet?

Yes, I'm running 1.3 version.
I didn't try to reinstall the image actually. I'll do that this evening

Thanks for the support guys ;)

Ive tried it numerous times now. If it doesnt work, i'll just have to restart 2-3 times and it seems to work.

Other small bugs i've found are these:

* Player 2 controls: Button 5 doesn't work. Switched the cables to other buttons and then the new buttons stops working. This might be in the actual JVS or a hardware problem. Have anyone of you had the same problem?

* Crimzon Clover: Sometimes the buttons stops working when doing setup. Can't seem to find the equivalent to the Enter button either so some setup are hard to do.

* KOF XIII Climax: Coin error. Anyone of you had this?

Apart from this, everything seems to work like a charm!

Yep! this is an issue I have also with the joerg multi and only with KOF98, KOFXIII and Climax.
It can be somehow solved with a hardware mod at the i/o board. Since I am a total newbie with soldering and stuff, I already asked Darksoft if this errore can be bypassed with a "software mod".

Yep! this is an issue I have also with the joerg multi and only with KOF98, KOFXIII and Climax.
It can be somehow solved with a hardware mod at the i/o board. Since I am a total newbie with soldering and stuff, I already asked Darksoft if this errore can be bypassed with a "software mod".
aha, i see. Sometimes it's hard to know if it's a problem with the hardware or the software :)

KOFXIII expects coin counters for both players. It's easy to spoof by connecting a 100 ohm resistor between +5V and the input for the coin counter.

I was playing SSF4AE2012 a little while ago and I had something interesting happen for the first time. I got a JVS error and the whole unit rebooted. Anyone ever have this happen or know what would cause it? If it happens again I will shoot a picture.

Yes, I'm running 1.3 version.
I didn't try to reinstall the image actually. I'll do that this evening
I tried reinstalling everything but no luck again :( controls still only work for a couple of seconds in the multi gui.
I noticed something strange though, if I launch a game (BBCS2 for example) and then I come back to the multi (via test button service menu), controls now work in the gui with no timeout ?(
Unfortunately this "trick" only works until you turn off the TX2 :(

I tried reinstalling everything but no luck again :( controls still only work for a couple of seconds in the multi gui.
I noticed something strange though, if I launch a game (BBCS2 for example) and then I come back to the multi (via test button service menu), controls now work in the gui with no timeout ?(
Unfortunately this "trick" only works until you turn off the TX2 :(
I think the problem is your NAMCO I/O, do you have another I/O you can test with ?

I think the problem is your NAMCO I/O, do you have another I/O you can test with ?
unfortunately not :( But someone else semeed to have experienced the same problems. It would be interesting to make a list of the i/o used and the bugs experienced by all users

If we're talking about the NxLesque GUI, then Yes, I've had the same issue. I'm using a Sega Rev A board. My issue is a bit different, controls will work but randomly start to be stuck in a certain direction. I have to use the keyboard to get it unstuck in that direction, but the JVS controls no longer work. Only way to get it working again is to somehow reset the NxLesque GUI.

Nope, I'm having issues with the standard Multi GUI, version 1.3.
Funny thing is: the joerg multi crappy GUI works flawlessly on my setup :huh:

Back