What's new
Hi, did someone tried these dumps?

MODERATION: Link removed.

hey.

careful about posting stuff like this. could get you banned.

additionally, these will probably need some work to get running on the x2 multi.

Last edited:
the bins are protected so you cant see the differences
Adding any form of protection to pirated content is pretty lame. It was true in the warez scene in the 80s and 90s and it's true now.

I can't say I particularly dislike anyone for doing it, but it's not something we'd do in any of our own projects, and we actively discourage others from doing it.

Still, I won't be sorry if it gets released publicly and spread far and wide.

@Lemony Vengeance & @deep

Guys please edit your quoted posts and remove the links to the dumps. I am sure management does not want us linking to them, but should be okay to discuss/talk about them and how they could be implemented onto Niko's X2 multi.

@Lemony Vengeance & @deepGuys please edit your quoted posts and remove the links to the dumps. I am sure management does not want us linking to them, but should be okay to discuss/talk about them and how they could be implemented onto Niko's X2 multi.
sorry mate :) looks like mods came and removed them.

I'm willing to be a guinea pig for any beta versions or new utilities that are in the works.

Sorry for the silence guys, its a very sticky situation for me.

I have a multi ready, along with a JVS to FastIO driver and RFID emulator built in. So everyone with a regular JVS setup will be able to play the Nesica games on their X2 using my multi.

BUT!

I'm not sure when to release it yet, these leaks affect ALOT of people. From a moral standpoint, I'm trying to think about Taito, the game developers, and arcade operators. All these games are still in use by arcades, and still making money. Especially games like BlazBlue Central Fiction. I feel that if I release the multi, shady arcade operators will use it to avoid paying Taito.

Had @Jackalus, not stolen peoples works and caused this whole debacle. The Nesica games would have probably made a release around March after Taito announced more info about their new online distribution network currently named "Nesica2".

Worst case scenario, you have to play the games on your PC until March. Best case scenario I release the multi next week. I just need to think about it for a few days, and talk it over with other people in my group.

Regards,

It's a tough situation Niko. If it were older titles I'd say release the lot and fuck the profiteers, kick the arse out of their money-making shenanigans. But the games are still "current".

Not sure if there's even a middle ground, add support for the titles and release, but offer zero help on where to get the games and how to add them; problem is that getting the games is now so trivial.

The only thing to consider is that if you don't release an update, someone else will almost certainly release an alternative.

Community vote? Separate thread for discussion of the ethics surrounding this?

I hope i didn't f****d up something with my post... :(
Nah man, don't sweat it. It's big news and would have come up eventually. If anything, it stimulated a conversation that was gonna come up sooner rather than later anyway.

I agree it's a tough situation. However a shitty arcade op that doesn't want to pay Taito could already play these games on a standard PC with I-PAC or similar, so updating the multi shouldn't be considered damaging IMO.

Hopefully arcade ops in this day and age know they should pay for these games and keep the arcade scene alive.

I agree it's a tough situation. However a shitty arcade op that doesn't want to pay Taito could already play these games on a standard PC with I-PAC or similar, so updating the multi shouldn't be considered damaging IMO.

Hopefully arcade ops in this day and age know they should pay for these games and keep the arcade scene alive.
In my opinion, this attitude is slightly wrong. I'm sure many operators would love to pay Taito if they were able. Taito has to make equipment available for this to be an option at all. Even if it wasn't super profitable, the option would have been worth it. You could totally just get a bunch of cabinets and charge by the hour and fill them all with consoles or I-PAC or whatever but it's not nearly as good and goes against the purpose of opening this kind of business in the first place. Here are the contents of 2 emails I received from Taito when I inquired about purchasing units for use in an arcade setting:

Hello MY REAL NAME,

Thanks for your reply.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Since we do not have them in stock, we need mass order to arrange the reproduction.
Technically Nesica x Live is not officially released, in the US.
As you know, it is working at Round 1 there, but it is still a location test.

At this point I inquired whether it would ever be possible to have the service outside of Round 1 in the US and if there was any place where news regarding their service could be readily attained in English and this is their response:

Hello MY REAL NAME,

Thanks for your reply.
There is a possibility to bring it to the US officially in the future, but nothing is certain for now.
That is all we can say.
Of course we would love to bring that service in the US, but there are still many problems to solve.
Licensing, networking, etc.
Nothing proceeds unless the result of Round 1 location test goes pretty well.
Hope this answer would help.

This is in the last few months. There is a distinct possibility that the service will never be made public in the US. It's also possible that even if they do make the service public, it will be prohibitively expensive for businesses that are not Round 1. There is a good reason why it costs about $2,000,000 to open a Round 1, and their prices definitely reflect it. There's a lot more to say about this, but it's outside the scope of the conversation I think.

I've run into a strange problem.

Controls stopped working:
Version: Multi 1.3
The controls used to work good, but recently they stopped working a majority of the times when i start the system, and i have to restart 5-6 or 7 times.
Then they work until i want to restart to change game.

When the controls work, they work for as long as i play, but it takes some time to do the numerous reboots until i get it working. Is the I/O screwed or what do you think?

TGM3:
I just went back to V1.1 Beta to try to get TGM3 working but When starting game, it exits back into the multi right away. Any ideas what might be causing this? The open GL files where in the directory already so i didn't put them there. I also have the control problem above with this one. So to be able to select it and start i have to restart 6-7 times.

Haven't updated the graphics drivers since I don't know exactly how to update them. I put the HD in another computer and cant really update from that or can i?

Would appreciate any help... thanks guys!

Last edited:
on the subject of ethics...

I'm pretty sure all of the the really cool, ingenious stuff that some the brilliant minds of this forum (and others like it) isn't particularly ethical in the first place. If I recall correctly you're only allowed to emulate/copy/reproduce games that you own, for personal use only. We're beyond that now. This is more like, sub-ethics... like an honor code among thieves.

@idc and @xRealNinjuzx are right tho: someone else without the same honor code will spoil the lot in time, and at least in the US Nesica isn't really a thing, but there also aren't a whole lot of arcade owners here either. Worldwide, the real shady arcade owners will find a way to be shady regardless.

If you make guns, but aren't the one pulling the trigger, are you responsible for all the lives that are lost?

...I need to lay off the coffee :S

I'm pretty sure all of the the really cool, ingenious stuff that some the brilliant minds of this forum (and others like it) isn't particularly ethical in the first place. If I recall correctly you're only allowed to emulate/copy/reproduce games that you own, for personal use only. We're beyond that now. This is more like, sub-ethics... like an honor code among thieves.

@idc and @xRealNinjuzx are right tho: someone else without the same honor code will spoil the lot in time, and at least in the US Nesica isn't really a thing, but there also aren't a whole lot of arcade owners here either. Worldwide, the real shady arcade owners will find a way to be shady regardless.

If you make guns, but aren't the one pulling the trigger, are you responsible for all the lives that are lost?

We're talking rather subjectively; there is lawfulness and there's ethics.

So really, downloading games and playing them, via any means, be it in original hardware or an emulator, where you don't have a licence to do so, is unlawful. Even if it's for "personal use". The ethics come into play when one considers whether the downloading and playing of a game that one doesn't have the right to play causes a loss or damage to the developer/publisher.

CPS2 is a good example. Capcom no longer support or sell CPS2 titles. There is only a second hand market, and Capcom certainly don't profit from that. CPS2 games (unmodified) also suicide. So ethically, one could argue that being able to hack, decrypt, revive, convert or resell them, or whatever, does zero harm to Capcom. As such, there is very little chance of any legal action from Capcom.

However, we have the NESiCAxLive dumps here... They are games which Taito still actively sells and supports right now. So I'm that respect, ethically, the leak isn't a good thing. Yes, I would love the play the games; if the means to play them on my TX2 dropped into my lap tomorrow, you can bet your ass I would give them all a go. Most of us probably would. And this is where the other side of the ethics coin falls: I'm in Europe. If I wanted to play those games here, I have no other alternative than an illegitimate copy outside of Japan.

It gets even greyer when publishers reuse older titles on newer platforms, like CPS2 games on NESiCAxLive, where emulation of those titles was regarded as "okay". Should it no longer be the case?

As for "honour amongst thieves", it's been convention within the scene that when software was cracked, it should only be modified enough to remove the protection. Adding a cracktro (or more recently, an nfo file) is fine. Modifying the game itself to add watermarks, was widely regarded as a laughable. Repackaging someone else's work, adding protection in some form to it, then selling it for actual profit was regarded as the ultimate dick move.

While I see your point, I dont think its quite the same situation.

For example, an arcade owner cant go to Taito and get a setup for BlazBlue Calamity Trigger, or King of Fighters XII/XIII/Climax. So even if they wanted to give Taito money, they couldn't. But Nesica is still available and game developers are still getting cheques for those Nesica games.

Yes its true, that some shady arcade operators could just pay a thief like @Jackalus for his mess of broken / stolen code. But I think the sheer fact of it running like shit is keeping them from doing that. I mean who wants to wait 7 minutes just for a game to start?

Anyways, If someone "beats me to a release", I'm ok with that. At least that shows more people are interested in helping the community have access to something great. I'll still be supporting these games when the time is right.

Back