What's new
You are doing the right thing here Niko! Please spend your time on the MAME/JVS code instead! Or maybe drink some beers playing some of the older games!

Doh! X/

Sounds like now is a good time to go take a leak and find a SNICKERS.
Hey guys, Sorry for the silence. Let me fill you in, on whats going on.

During JAEPO back in Feb, we learned that Taito is planning to keep Nesica alive and have it run alongside the new Nesica2 service. Nesica2 is going to be the home to all the new fighting games, while Nesica will retain its current catalogue.

This information kinda surprised me, as I fully expected them to ditch Nesica for Nesica2, especially since alot of the games where recently leaked. I also learned from a very reputable source, that Taito has atleast 2 new games planned for Nesica this year, neither which have officially been announced yet.

On another note, Taito has not been taking the piracy of Nesica lightly. I learned last night, they've been issuing copyright claims on YouTube, issuing DMCA's to filesharing sites and have even gone as far as requesting information of the users uploading their content.

Obviously I dont want to hurt Taito, and I certainly dont want to cause any legal trouble for Darksoft or myself. So I've decided to postpone support for the Nesica titles until further notice. I know some of you will be pretty bummed, and everyone has been very patient. All I can say is it will come in time, just right now isnt the right time.

In the meantime, work is being done to preserve every version of every Nesica game launched. If you come across or know someone who has a Nesica drive, and want to help. Let me know. There is still alot of early stuff to be found before its lost forever.

Work is also currently being done by someone else on the forums to bring a more complete "online" experience to the games.

I may have totally missed this, but was there there ever a "go back to main menu" button combo implemented? I remember Niko wanted to do it with something like start + test but I haven't wired my test button for JVS so can't test. If it is that combo, can it be changed in some config file? :)

The Nesica games natively support "returning to the menu" under certain conditions with holding "Start" + "A". So when v1.4 comes out, that will be in place for those games.

I've thought about adding a "return to menu" button combo for the regular X2 games, but it adds overhead and I'm not sure I like that. I'd have to hook all reads from COM2 and inspect the JVS traffic for the button combo. Which would eat up system resources and potentially add lag to the input.

Ah, so I didn't miss it. Your explanation makes sense Niko, thank for your quick reply!

Anybody else having issues running Battle Fantasia?

When ever I boot it up, after a short booting sequence it goes straight back to the main menu.

Anybody else having issues running Battle Fantasia?

When ever I boot it up, after a short booting sequence it goes straight back to the main menu.
This is due to how your monitor is connected. Some games attempt to read EDID information from the display before settings the resolution. If the system dips are set for 720p and the game fails to read the EDID information from your display, the game will close. Which is what is happening with Battle Fantasia.

Awhile back I talked about using DVI-I instead of a DVI-D cables to connect your monitor. This however is not correct, it appeared to work for me because I was running a dual setup where I had a DVI-I and VGA cables connected at the same time.

In reality, and according to the Taito documentation. The X2 should be connected to your display using the DVI-I -> VGA adapter that comes with the unit. This setup allows the system to correctly read EDID information from the display.

So basically you have two options:

1.) Connect your monitor via VGA using a DVI-I -> VGA adapter
2.) Set the X2 dips for 480p

One bonus to using VGA ( other than all the games working at the correct resolution ), is you can run it through a Scan Line Generator. Which makes games like KOF98UM look MUCH better.

Currently I got a DVI-I cable installed and except for Blaz Blue, Crimson Clover and Battle Fantasia alls Games run fine.
I will try the VGA Adapter Solutiuon and see how that works. Thank you for your suggestion.

I mean I gotta Say, the hassel of spending 3$ on 1gb ram sticks shipped mind you seems alot less then buying a 250-450$ type x2, installing and burning Custom img files for a multi disk and then spending days asking on forums if you are sure games need 1gb of ram.

On top of the fact that all Nxl ttx2 have 1gb of system Ram.

Reactions: rtw
Has anyone reworked images for the menu in Niko's multi? Just wondering if anyone has come up with some different designs/layouts.

I have some ideas, but aside from being able to edit the UI colours, I've not really done any serious work.

Maybe in a future version Niko will add skin support, but since any futher releases are on hold (in light of the NESiCA games still being current titles) then I don't see it happening in the foreseeable future.

Has anyone reworked images for the menu in Niko's multi? Just wondering if anyone has come up with some different designs/layouts.
That was my plan lol. I am one of the guys who works on the art on and off for HyperSpin. I now have my TTX2 in hand and was rolling along on the 27.99gb torrent when BAM it stalls out at 93% and has been stuck there.

Back