What's new
So will the new multi work on the x2 with all games playable? USF4? I just want to be prepared for when it is released. Will it work with JVS or will FastIO be needed for some games?
Yep all games will be fully playable. Even USF4, with all 3 builds of the same version 1.05 without patching.The multi and all games will work with either JVS or FastIO. The I/O is all 100% seamless. If you have a JVS I/O connected then the multi emulates RFID and converts JVS to FastIO automagically. If you have just a FastIO connected then the multi emulates the RFID reader and only converts FastIO to JVS for the JVS only games. If you connect an RFID reader then the multi lets the games talk directly to the card reader. If you have nothing connected to your X2, and your X2 is really just a box of Captain Crunch then the multi probably wont work.
Huh wow so if I have an X2, there's no reason at all to buy an x3, fast IO, or RFID?
Not unless you want too.

One thing I want to clarify, as I think there is misunderstanding. While USFIV was released as a standalone game for the X3, it was also released on Nesica.

One thing I want to clarify, as I think there is misunderstanding. While USFIV was released as a standalone game for the X3, it was also released on Nesica.
And it's the exact same game.

So...if anyone wants to sell me their taito fast io and Rfid card readers for the vewlix please let me know since you won't need them anymore with Nikos upcoming x2 multi release.

So...if anyone wants to sell me their taito fast io and Rfid card readers for the vewlix please let me know since you won't need them anymore with Nikos upcoming x2 multi release.
I might have some stuff for you. Will send a PM.

Same here, looking for a fast io for my ttx2 unit if anyone has a spare input board ;)

Same here, looking for a fast io for my ttx2 unit if anyone has a spare input board ;)
you're talking about PCI-ex card yea? just confirming for other so they are clear on what you want.

you're talking about PCI-ex card yea? just confirming for other so they are clear on what you want.
yes, the PCI fast io input card for TTX2 (with the dual RJ45 connectors).
As I have my cab wired for TTX3 and Fast IO, it would be a shame not to use it for the TTX2 :)

For some reason I can't get TGM3 to launch and I'm using the version from Niko. I assume since Samurai Showdown Den works that the current latest version is using 96.xx drivers which means TGM3 won't work with it?

Also does "REV B" Sega JVS IO require coin fuzzing? All the games on X2 & Naomi that supposedly require it seem to launch fine without the resistor however I added it this morning just to be safe.

For some reason I can't get TGM3 to launch and I'm using the version from Niko. I assume since Samurai Showdown Den works that the current latest version is using 96.xx drivers which means TGM3 won't work with it?

Also does "REV B" Sega JVS IO require coin fuzzing? All the games on X2 & Naomi that supposedly require it seem to launch fine without the resistor however I added it this morning just to be safe.
which version from Niko are you using?
The multi image, or this image?
[TypeX2] Tetris Grand Master 3 standalone drive image.

which version from Niko are you using?The multi image, or this image?
[TypeX2] Tetris Grand Master 3 standalone drive image.
I'm using the multi image currently. I went ahead and tested every game and all seem to work with the exception of KOF 13 booting to a white screen (205A so I'm guessing not compatible. Climax works fine which is strange but I can live with that) and TGM3 crashing the moment you select it.

Also for Crimson Clover what resolution settings should I be setting? I put it to 1280x720 and now I can't see anything and will have to reload it to fix it.

For TGM3 you have to use the stand alone image, this will not work on the multi due to different drivers.

which version from Niko are you using?The multi image, or this image?[TypeX2] Tetris Grand Master 3 standalone drive image.
I'm using the multi image currently. I went ahead and tested every game and all seem to work with the exception of KOF 13 booting to a white screen (205A so I'm guessing not compatible. Climax works fine which is strange but I can live with that) and TGM3 crashing the moment you select it.
Also for Crimson Clover what resolution settings should I be setting? I put it to 1280x720 and now I can't see anything and will have to reload it to fix it.
Ohh I thought you had mentioned that KOFXIII worked in your other thread? So it just hangs at a white screen? Try to re-download the game and try again.

As mentioned above, TGM3 isnt compatible with multi. TGM3 is actually a original TypeX game and was designed to run on an ATI card with OpenGL support. So special drivers are required for the X2 to run the game, which ultimately ends up breaking other games.

You do not need to add a resistor for any of the games using a Sega Rev. B I/O.

For Crimson Clover you want to set the resolution to 640x480.

which version from Niko are you using?The multi image, or this image?[TypeX2] Tetris Grand Master 3 standalone drive image.
I'm using the multi image currently. I went ahead and tested every game and all seem to work with the exception of KOF 13 booting to a white screen (205A so I'm guessing not compatible. Climax works fine which is strange but I can live with that) and TGM3 crashing the moment you select it.Also for Crimson Clover what resolution settings should I be setting? I put it to 1280x720 and now I can't see anything and will have to reload it to fix it.
Ohh I thought you had mentioned that KOFXIII worked in your other thread? So it just hangs at a white screen? Try to re-download the game and try again.

As mentioned above, TGM3 isnt compatible with multi. TGM3 is actually a original TypeX game and was designed to run on an ATI card with OpenGL support. So special drivers are required for the X2 to run the game, which ultimately ends up breaking other games.

You do not need to add a resistor for any of the games using a Sega Rev. B I/O.

For Crimson Clover you want to set the resolution to 640x480.
Thanks, I'll reload and see what happens. When I had tested in the other thread I had only booted Climax which worked fine and an oversight on my part. I'll re-grab base KOF13 and see if that fixes things for it.

Yeah, still just a white screen on KOFXIII. As I said though Climax works fine so it's not a huge deal.

Try download the KOFIII again, I have this problem with SF4 and KOFIII too, turn out I use a bad ftp software and the files are not complete.

Same happened to me on SSF4 the first time I tried it, turned out I was missing 1,5GB of data somehow...

I had the same problem. I updated my FileZilla and it fixed the issue.

The older FileZilla version would disconnect while queueing files, and skip to the next subdirectory when it reconnected. Any subdirectories beyond that depth would get skipped, and the sf4 games have a ton of subdirectories.

I'll try FileZilla instead of Transmit but considering every other game I got works fine (TGM3 works after using the standalone image) I'm thinking that 207A and below probably don't work with KOF13 as I have a 205A.

Edit: yeah, it has to be the motherboard in 205A. Looking at the files of the 3 different downloads SHA256 matches and no files are missing but it's still a white screen for just KOFXIII.

Last edited:
Back