What's new
This is insanely awesome so pardon my exclamation, Holy Fucking Shit dude!!! (sorry raised in New York and live in Florida = questionable filters).

Very nice collection and welcome to the forums bud! Can't wait to see more pics and hear some more stories. I'm picturing you in a giant chair with all of use gathered around sitting on the floor like little kids:D
What I pictured in my head:
geese2.jpg

THANKS

But we're not going to lie

I no longer have the feeling that I am the child in the middle of all his toys
I know the feeling. The antidote to that is to have some people play the games. I have a tiny collection compared to you but when i organise people to come over to my house and play the games it just renews the child in me.

My chest hurts. So many questions 🙂. This is like Noah’s Ark. One example of every candy cab ever made.
Exactly
This is what I was trying to do
have 4/6 candy from each period and each manufacturer

to be able to then install the games of each period in the cab which corresponds to each manufacturer
taito on taito etc.

and in the gaming room group the cabs by year
80/90/2000
make 3 zones

but hey I'm still missing quite a few machines
and I have some in excess

but it will allow me to make exchanges

You could be building the start of an amazing museum there @Hikaru. I can’t imaging the cost of those warehouses is cheap though. Just money going out and none coming in.

Property outside of the cities isn't terribly expensive relative to the West, but costs will add up over time unless you have other income sources as you can imagine. There's also the headache of maintaining everything and keeping it from deteriorating, and the extremes of Japanese summers and winters means you probably are best served having a climate-controlled facility... and energy bills in Japan aren't cheap these days.

Yes it represents a sum but spread over 25 years

and the value of all that was 10/15

what was expensive was renting for 10 years
but I was exporting so the costs were covered by the activity

For warehouses it's a bit special
It is located on land which is in a green zone (non-building zone reserved for nature) but the former owner who had all the land around as he had resold part of it to the right people he built the two warehouses without a permit to build
And to rent for 25 years to a company based in Honshu

Not declared therefore no legal existence

When he wanted to resell after the rental stopped

Nobody wanted to take the risk
Having to have everything destroyed when the situation is regularized with the town hall

So it dragged on for a few years like that

When we know the situation
Have proposed the price of the bare land

The owner accepted

And when the guys from the town hall showed up
They tell me the two playhouses are not there

I say I know but you said nothing for 25 years

So he offered me a compromise

To tax warehouses
But at a low price (it is considered garden sheds)
With the house

So now the warehouses are on the land register
With the house

They can no longer ask to destroy them

Nice poker move

But you are right
On one point
To have an electricity subscription
Enough to run 150 to 200 machines
There's something for pennies
Even while being in association the electricity consumption and the subscription
The association needs a lot of members.

The solution could be a gradual opening
And enlarge as you register

But hey as I explained before
Japan is not Europe or the USA
The mentality is very individualistic

Most of the people interested in this style of project are already otaku collectors.
Hyper individualist

But everything is possible

I knew a community games room like that
From a virtual fighter fan

They had a local with a 10 cab with only the VF
He paid the subscription to the sega fiber optic reso to be in the ranking (do tougeki) and to be able to play online

It was called B-point

I bought some blasts from them 7/8 years ago
And two new net city when they closed

If you have a working Toshiba PB7543-1 chassis for my Windy II I’d I’m a buyer and I’d send you some nice Aussie beers and snacks

Back