What's new

rtaveras423

Student
Reaction score
As the title suggests, accidently ran the 12v on the 5v rail while installing a PicoPSU. Still waiting on a supergun I ordered, so I've been testing only with the multicart and audio thru the RCA plugs. After correcting my error, the multicart seems to work (it let's me select games and goes thru the loading process and the fan turns on), but not getting any audio.

Could be, like I said, no other way to test anything until my supergun comes in. Maybe to be on the safe side, I'll go ahead and get a replacement A board.

Have you tried the audio buttons on the CPS-2. I’m unsure how you’re testing the game at the moment? Are you just powering it on and listening to audio?

The audio amp uses +12v, all of the other logic on the A and B boards use +5v. The multikit probably doesn't use +5v directly for anything other than possibly the level shifters, so the multi might be fine, but the A and B boards could be completely fried. You said you don't have a supergun yet, and you've been testing audio through the RCA jacks. I take that to mean that audio is the only thing you can test at this point, and you don't have a way to test video.

If that's the case, then the lack of audio doesn't tell you much. You may be getting no audio because the board is not booting at all. The Multi doesn't really know anything about whether it's connected to a working A and B board, as long as it's getting power it should look like it's working properly. I hope I'm wrong, but I think you should be prepared to find that they are dead and that you'll need to replace them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. Hopefully my supergun arrives soon and I'll be able to test it. If it is fried, I'll have to start looking for replacements. :(

An update, I got a rgb to vga adapter and was able to test video. All I got was a yellow screen. :(
Have already ordered replacement A and B boards. My only hope is that I didn't fry the Multikit. Would be DEVASTATED

Are your running key writing and encrypted roms? If you are, try running a decrypted rom set and see what happens. Also I assume that the battery has been removed from the B board?

Swapped to a confirmed working A board, and ran the decrypted rom set as suggested and it's a no go. Will be receiving a working B board on Tuesday, will update after that.

Recieved my B board and tested with my new A board and original game was working perfectly. Mounted the kit and getting Jailbars/Artifacts. Flashes every game no problem, so maybe the kit wasn't damaged. Also would like to note sound is working great as well. Gonna take apart again the clean up real well to see if that fixes the video problems.

Back