What's new

erzane

Professional
Reaction score
Hi there,
There are three types of adhesives used on the New Astros Toshiba tube. Please can you tell me the name of these adhesives and where to buy them? Maybe they should be specific (resistance to heat, more adherance, or smt..)?

Thank you! Regards. Gab
Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN0024.JPG
    DSCN0024.JPG
    219.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Great!! Thank you!! Merci! One of three found8o
What about the special tape for the yoke/rings to clamp to? Can I replace it or should I better leave it like that?

Last edited:
There is one remaining tape for which I need infos please. That one is 40 mm large.
What is this tape for? Maybe a casual electric tape?
Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCN0044 - Copie.JPG
    DSCN0044 - Copie.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Scotch épais.jpg
    Scotch épais.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I believe you may put some marks and stress on the glass as the metal hose clamp used to secure the yoke and convergence rings would apply uneven pressure with the plastic on the weakest point of the tube. My understanding is that this tape simply provides some contact/bite for these clamps so they won't spin or move after tightening. I wouldn't skip it.

Last edited:
There is still one remaining tape, can you help me on this ?
Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCN0044 - Copie.JPG
    DSCN0044 - Copie.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Scotch épais.jpg
    Scotch épais.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 30
That tape is likely for protecting the degausse cable that usually sits between the frame and the tube. Honestly, just about any tape will work here, but I would just pickup a roll of gaffer's tape as it has so many uses and is perfect for this job. Spend no more than $10 on it.

Back