What's new
Want To Buy
Gonna try to commission alberto for the move strip brackets. He says he has some AWSD ones on-hand, but I'm sure he's quite busy these days.

@Battlesmurf, would you be willing to give a discount for a non-powdercoated one?

I offer the option usually. With Alberto's workload lately, I know I'll be able to produce more before he can- but likely he might come out a little cheaper .

I'm due to make another batch though. Skipping powder coating saves about $10-30 depending on how much stuff I bring to the powder coaters at once.

IIRC if Taito has any- they're something goofy like 3-400 a set.

These are original Japanese locks & keys: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPdOGG2
Same brand (First) but I don't see any LY1153 markings on them.

Can someone confirm if they are keyed with that code?

They are also all "single" barrel locks. Egret 2 spec is:

- 2x LY-1153 Double Locks for the control panel housing
- 1x LY-1153 Single Lock for the PCB door
- 1x LY-1153 Single Lock for the service door
- 1x "Alpha Z-Lock" (aka dimple key lock) for the coin box

Same brand (First) but I don't see any LY1153 markings on them.

Can someone confirm if they are keyed with that code?

They are also all "single" barrel locks. Egret 2 spec is:

- 2x LY-1153 Double Locks for the control panel housing
- 1x LY-1153 Single Lock for the PCB door
- 1x LY-1153 Single Lock for the service door
- 1x "Alpha Z-Lock" (aka dimple key lock) for the coin box
I will confirm once I get the package

I will confirm once I get the package

FIRST definitely makes the locks in a variety of keyings (is that the correct term? lol).

I have a Ziploc full of non-1153s that I have taken out of my Egrets over the years.

Is it US $8.68 (+ shipping) for a single lock or for the full set of 5+ 2 keys?

FIRST definitely makes the locks in a variety of keyings (is that the correct term? lol).

I have a Ziploc full of non-1153s that I have taken out of my Egrets over the years.

Is it US $8.68 (+ shipping) for a single lock or for the full set of 5+ 2 keys?
It's for the single lock

I'll take photos of the ones I got tomorrow. Definitely would like to hear your expect opinion @themisterfalcon.

The seller swore they were the exact model used on the Egret 2, I haven't fitted them in yet, so unsure what the outcome will be.

I think they were around $35 USD for a set of 5 locks, and he gave me three keys.

I'll take photos of the ones I got tomorrow. Definitely would like to hear your expect opinion @themisterfalcon.

The seller swore they were the exact model used on the Egret 2, I haven't fitted them in yet, so unsure what the outcome will be.

I think they were around $35 USD for a set of 5 locks, and he gave me three keys.

Sure keep me posted. The model IS identical, but they keying is maybe different? I have had LY1154s, and other "First" locks the same shape but other keying. Totally fine, they work and are in spec. I just find having different locks for different cabs of the same type (read: all Taito) to get tedious!

All my Taito cabs have 1153 and all my Sega cabs have 5380.

Update: Unfortunately the key I've received was not a 1153, but it works out since I needed a unique coin door key anyways. I also purchased the brackets from @Battlesmurf

Re-opening this thread again for just a LY1153 key.

Back