What's new
Thanks to @kuze for doing a bit of testing and giving me the final nudge to get this thing out :P
No problemo, I barely did anything since the JVS-PAC 2 was already extremely solid out of the gate. You really knocked it out of the park with both the JVS-PAC 2 and the Jammafier @invzim! :thumbsup:

This is a definite must buy for anyone with a JVS cabinet looking for a clean and plug and play option for connecting a MAME PC. It really couldn't get any simpler to setup - plug in JVS cable from cab, plug in USB cable to PC, fire up MAME and start gaming.

No special drivers needed and most importantly no lag (tested with a CRT and GroovyMAME) make it an unbeatable solution. Any other stuff that comes like gamepad or analog support will be icing on the cake.

You know with FastIO Vewlix cabs becoming more common than JVS configured cabs...
Do you think a FastPAC will ever become a reality?

Yes I am fully aware you can use a real FastIO PCI card and the drivers from Neko's multi, its just a very expensive option (can't get the PCI card separately from the X2/3 hardware).

Had a hard look at the xinput stuff, and can't see that happening anytime soon - Microsoft really went out of their way to secure their licensing revenue.. Technically it's just plain USB hid, with a few things removed - so lag etc is identical.
Got any links? I know you need to pay Microsoft to get on the real-deal Xbox(tm) licensed accessories list so that an actual Xbox console will recognize the controller, but stuff like the latest Hori PS4 pads/sticks won't work on a real Xbox, but with the switch in "PC" mode Windows definitely sees it as an xinput device and Windows displays some Hori-specific device name it's clearly getting over USB. Might be worth putting one on a USB protocol analyzer.

DHL orders are out, batch shipping is packed and will go out tomorrow or Friday the latest. If you want in on the batch shipping, now is the time to place an order :P
Hey Zim,

Got tracking numbers?

DHL orders are out, batch shipping is packed and will go out tomorrow or Friday the latest. If you want in on the batch shipping, now is the time to place an order :P
Hey Zim,Got tracking numbers?
Yeah - they should be in the confirmation email that went out when they were shipped.
And so it was...I had to dig through my spam folder. Should be delivered in the morning. Hell yeah!!!

Some changes have been made to tracked shipping option, which is no longer DHL but back to FedEx. If you (rightfully) thought tracked shipping was expensive, you will like this ^^ Sorry about this not being available at 'launch', as the papers were signed only yesterday.

No worries! Received mine about 18 hrs ago.

How do you go about editing the input?

Nevermind...I just read the post on the website X/

Do report back how it works - the remap was fixed last minute :)

Do report back how it works - the remap was fixed last minute :)
Didn't bother with remapping the controls. Installed in my G-BALANCE cabinet with a MAME PC that I put together on a whim.

It's interfacing with a Sega Lindbergh JVS v3 board. Using LaunchBox/BigBox as a front end with no issues, just had to remap a few controls in the front end's options menu.

I'm in love with it!!!

Thanks Zim!!!!

It's interfacing with a Sega Lindbergh JVS v3 board. Using LaunchBox/BigBox as a front end with no issues, just had to remap a few controls in the front end's options menu.
Does it identify the IO properly, or does it show up as "Unknown IO OK"?

You know with FastIO Vewlix cabs becoming more common than JVS configured cabs...
Do you think a FastPAC will ever become a reality?

Yes I am fully aware you can use a real FastIO PCI card and the drivers from Neko's multi, its just a very expensive option (can't get the PCI card separately from the X2/3 hardware).
+1 for a FastPAC

I haven't had a chance to have a proper play with this, but all appears to be working nicely with the different I/Os i've got. Another great little bit of kit from @invzim :thumbsup:
Now i've got plug 'n' play controls and monitor, I might just finally get round to putting a mame setup in place
IMG_0730.jpg
IMG_0738.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0737.jpg
    IMG_0737.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 112
For MAME it's not as tricky as it used to be. I got a refurbished Dell Optiplex 9010 SFF, Quad Core i5-3570 3.4GHz / Radeon 6450 1GB / 8GB RAM and stuck an SSD in there. WIndows 7 license no issue as it's coded in the bios or something. Plain fresh install of windows 7, crt emudriver, groovymame and attract-mode for front-end. Shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to get a really nice setup going.

Only issue I faced is that even if it's "SFF" it's too wide to fit the front-door of the Naomi Universal I have.

Back