What's new
hey guys I tried JVS-PAC with vJoy + UCR + x360ce, I have succesffully created 2 xbox virtual pads, and mapped them, they are recognized and playable inside DBZ and SFV, but I can't do whatever I want, I have some odd behaviour, especially when I hit 2 buttons at the same time, one can get stuck, and the other not responding, sometimes neither respond. Any experience on that ? I'm under W10.

Been playing about a bit with USB code this weekend, but need a bit more input on Steam. Anyone know of a Logitech or other common brand controller that works out of the box with Steam? The xbox360 and sony ps3 controllers I have have funky USB descriptors that are nothing like standard (and thus of no use for this project).
Besides the Steam Controller itself.
Maybe the Logitech F710
https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gamepads/f710-wireless-gamepad.html
I just ordered the F310 (possibly simpler as it's wired) as a baseline. The steam controller is not available in Norway for some reason it seems, and also seems it does the weird thing by having it's own protocol?

Anyho - no showstoppers so far in having the jvspac2 report itself as a keyboard with a lot of simultaneous keypresses, 2x joypads and a mouse at the same time. I may be finally able to play marble madness with my Dynamic Golf CP soon :D

Hello, I have managed successfully to make JVSPAC work with Steam games without vjoy or x360ce.

I use this tool : x360kb

http://www.emuline.org/topic/1239-simulate-x360-controllers-when-you-just-have-a-keyboard/

Just read the readme file, extract the dll and config files on the same folder as the .exe of the game, edit the config file to remap keyboard as xbox device, and there you are.

Nothing to install over you windows setup apparently works like a charm each time you launch the game, you can hear a windows "ding" when you launch the game for each emulated pad.

Received a package today :D
IMG_1455-small.jpg

This is how it will look shipped:
IMG_1459 - small.JPG

IMG_1465-small.jpg

Not ready for sell quite yet, but give it a couple of weeks, real-life obligations permitting.

edit: one more pic with the screen actually on:
IMG_1466-small.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if I already stated it, but please put me on the order list for 1 ^^

Sorry for things taking time, have a few real-life obligations taking time and energy. Anyho, I made a bit of progress and the keyboard stuff is pretty much done.

https://irkenlabs.com/jvs-pac2/keyboard-operation

Windows 10 works great, will also test with Windows 7, a raspberry Pi and possibly mac os X.
Very good news

Thanks for implementing the 4 players and the possibility of changing keyboards layout

Sweet, got one! I’m behind on this thread but it sounds like this will work with steam at least as a keyboard input. If you’re still wanting feedback like in the original post, I’m certainly a +1 vote for anything improving steam support.

Last edited:
Steam support is being worked on, as time permits - real-life is taking way more time these days than it used to. Had a hard look at the xinput stuff, and can't see that happening anytime soon - Microsoft really went out of their way to secure their licensing revenue.. Technically it's just plain USB hid, with a few things removed - so lag etc is identical. I'm aiming for two gamepads that work with steam, but you may have to set up the controls (once).

Thanks to @kuze for doing a bit of testing and giving me the final nudge to get this thing out :P

Joypad support would really be the icing on the cake
there are some games in Steam that do not let you map all the buttons to alternate keys

Back