What's new

benime

Professional
Reaction score
I will say I have encountered audio quality problems on these conversions if the audio ROM had soldering issues. Going back over them always fixed it for me.

nem

Enlightened
Reaction score

GC8TECH

Professional
Reaction score
Not sure about the cart, but I just put English Roms into my Demon Front PCB

Hey, Have you got more info on these roms? Did you burn them yourself? If so, were did you get the roms from??

Single PCB games are slightly different than a Cart.

T.

EVAWINGZERO

Student
Reaction score
Turns out I am dumb, and converted a different board. My apologies for mixing that up!

kuze

Champion
Reaction score
Here's a patch by request for DDP2 to force Korea region.

Apply to 'v102.u8' from MAME 'ddp2.zip' and burn to an M27C160 EPROM.

Let me know how it works for you @yonggarri and anyone else that may find it helpful - cheers!

As always xdelta UI can be found here: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/

Attachments

• ddp2_force_korea_xdelta.zip
    276 bytes · Views: 54

yonggarri

Beginner
Reaction score
Here's a patch by request for DDP2 to force Korea region.

Apply to 'v102.u8' from MAME 'ddp2.zip' and burn to an M27C160 EPROM.

Let me know how it works for you @yonggarri and anyone else that may find it helpful - cheers!

As always xdelta UI can be found here: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/

Hello.

I just finished the test with DDP2 patch by @kuze.
And cut to the chase, it works great!

20210430_185003.jpg

This is my PGM board & DDP2 cart.
It was Japan region and v102.

There were some troubles with eprom programmer, but I managed to patch the file and burn it to 27C160 EPROM.

20210501_140413.jpg

LET'S GO

20210501_140808.jpg
20210501_140912.jpg

It works -PERFECT- !
Actually this was the first arcade game I bought about 10 years ago, and finally successed to change region.
Special Thanks to @kuze once again!

Flinnster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the deal with changing DDP2 from JPY to Korea other than the language change? Modified difficulty?
(Apologies if mentioned above already.. I looked up but couldn't see any answer in a handful of pages!)

_rm_

Beginner
Reaction score
What's the deal with changing DDP2 from JPY to Korea other than the language change? Modified difficulty?
(Apologies if mentioned above already.. I looked up but couldn't see any answer in a handful of pages!)
In Japanese version you start with 3 bombs and in this version you start with 5.

There are other differences in regions such as items quantity/type that show up during gameplay.

Bay78

Student
Reaction score
Are there guys on here that sell the converted PGM carts? I've got Ketsui but would love to add Espgaluda and DDPDOJ. Also is DDPII available as a conversion?

ggallegos1

Beginner
Reaction score
Are there guys on here that sell the converted PGM carts? I've got Ketsui but would love to add Espgaluda and DDPDOJ. Also is DDPII available as a conversion?
Look up sheep_nova on eBay, they usually have a few conversion carts

Bay78

Student
Reaction score
Thanks yes, I've checked Ebay. I just figured I'd ask if there was anyone on the forum doing it as I'd rather support them instead. But all good, ebay here I come. Thanks for the info :)

kikaso

Professional
Reaction score
@GC8TECH sells high quality reproduction carts of the three Cave shooters that include the proper 5V circuitry.