What's new

Ziggy Cheetos Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
G’day. Has anyone ever printed or drawn a typical Sega/Taito style ashtray for their cabinet? There’s similar ones around online but I’m curious if anyones made the “real deal”. Cheers.

Ziggy Cheetos Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Compared to the low price of a repro id imagine it’s not economical to 3d print one. And the molded plastic looks and feels right. Not to mention the logo would need to be added still.

https://gateninety.com/product-category/arcade-goodies/ashtrays/

Thanks for the link. I do have a couple of those and some original Mikado arcade ones, but the freight is a killer. To Australia a Gate Ninety ashtray comes to $70AUD. My mate prints with a carbon fibre impregnated filament and I thought one of those would be pretty cool.

ekorz

Multi Boyz 4 Pi
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
$70, man I hope they mow your lawn and wash your car while they drop that off.

Maybe @djsheep can stock some at his CCC

Even if carbon fibre would be cool, it would just be an ashtray unless you somehow get “Sega” printed on it somehow yeah?

Ziggy Cheetos Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine drew me one up and printed it in carbon filament. I had the idea to emboss the logo. I think it turned out great for a first run.
813EE71F-68CD-44DC-9CAD-50066D309A7D.jpeg
FD9E6579-D4F6-4376-B4BC-D53681896F4F.jpeg

Ziggy Cheetos Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great 😃👍🏿
Any plans for sharing or sell?

I will find out what the cost was and the effort involved from my mate. I think it probably took about six hours to print. But maybe he’d be happy to do some with custom writing or logos? I’ll find out. 🙂

Ziggy Cheetos Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, he’s happy to share the file. I’ll share it here when the working version is done. There’s a bit of the infill pattern coming through the bottom, so a bit more infill and base layers will fix it up.
44E08B6F-BDC3-42F7-9012-DA8D80C3084E.jpeg

Aurich

Enlightened
Reaction score
Looks good. I have an ashtray from Mikado, and it's a funny collectible (albeit useful to put stuff in on cabs) because I can't stand cigarettes lol.

This would probably resin print nicely.

Ziggy Cheetos Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good. I have an ashtray from Mikado, and it's a funny collectible (albeit useful to put stuff in on cabs) because I can't stand cigarettes lol.

This would probably resin print nicely.
Nice. I would be interested to see that one. I have a couple of the stamped-out stainless steel ones from Mikado. If they had a magnetic bottom they’d pass as those parts trays.