What's new
Compared to the low price of a repro id imagine it’s not economical to 3d print one. And the molded plastic looks and feels right. Not to mention the logo would need to be added still.

https://gateninety.com/product-category/arcade-goodies/ashtrays/

Thanks for the link. I do have a couple of those and some original Mikado arcade ones, but the freight is a killer. To Australia a Gate Ninety ashtray comes to $70AUD. My mate prints with a carbon fibre impregnated filament and I thought one of those would be pretty cool.

$70, man I hope they mow your lawn and wash your car while they drop that off.

Maybe @djsheep can stock some at his CCC

Even if carbon fibre would be cool, it would just be an ashtray unless you somehow get “Sega” printed on it somehow yeah?

A friend of mine drew me one up and printed it in carbon filament. I had the idea to emboss the logo. I think it turned out great for a first run.
813EE71F-68CD-44DC-9CAD-50066D309A7D.jpeg
FD9E6579-D4F6-4376-B4BC-D53681896F4F.jpeg

Looks good. I have an ashtray from Mikado, and it's a funny collectible (albeit useful to put stuff in on cabs) because I can't stand cigarettes lol.

This would probably resin print nicely.

Looks good. I have an ashtray from Mikado, and it's a funny collectible (albeit useful to put stuff in on cabs) because I can't stand cigarettes lol.

Nice. I would be interested to see that one. I have a couple of the stamped-out stainless steel ones from Mikado. If they had a magnetic bottom they’d pass as those parts trays.

Sorry for the delay in uploading the file. My mate has been away and we discovered the ashtrays don’t stack like the original. So we need to adjust the diameter of the base so the ashtrays nest when on top of one another. It will be uploaded eventually.

Last edited:

They sell ashtrays? 8o

Yep, I kinda regret not buying one. I always see it in that glass case every time I go and never do. It's actually not the same as the ashtrays on their normal cabs iirc, which are just plain black to prevent theft.

EDIT: I forgot to put "not" there and it changed the whole meaning of the post. Buying a Mikado ashtray is not regrettable!

Last edited:
Back