What's new
Since the subforum is 'Jamma and pre-Jamma', maybe that's where we should draw the line? Otherwise you can add stuff like MaiMai, IIDX and all sorts of other junk to the list.

nem, how did you wire the Hoops harness? Do you know the AUX connector so I can make my own (or ask to be made ;) )?
I'm not sure what the official connector is. I'm guessing it's JST RA, but I could be wrong.

This said, it is standard 2.54mm pitch, so you don't have to use the official connector. Personally, I just quickfired a makeshift harness with Dupont connectors. You could use Dupont, JST RA, or even any 50-pin IDC ribbon cable and just hack off the end.

I added 'optional' before unique to drive across the point that all the games can be played with one screen, but have additional elements if you wire them up to a second screen. That was my (somewhat badly worded) original intent of the thread. I then deleted a ton of games from the list. Stuff like Darius is super cool, but the second and third screens aren't optional at all. There's a list for them, but this isn't it :P

Anyone want to contest any of the games on the list or can think of others that belong on it? I tried a few of them on Mame. Touch And Go definitely belongs on the list, it works exactly like Hoops.

anybody up for a couple harnesses? I have a few of these that would be great done up.

So Recently I was adding some MAME games to a TTX2 multi and had an epiphany... a wide-screen LCD monitor in a vewlix makes for a good excuse to setup multi-monitor games.

So in addition to the games already listed in this thread I started working out other games (namely those that use joystick/buttons) that produce a wide image through multiple monitors.

Multi CRT with Joystick/buttons:
  • Darius
  • Darius II/Sagaia
  • The Ninja Warriors
  • Tecmo Bowl
  • Warrior Blade: Rastan Saga Episode 3
  • Xmen (6-Player Version)
Vertically-stacked Multi CRT games
  • Punch-Out
  • Super Punch Out
  • Nintendo Playchoice-10
  • Sega Mega-Tech System
Multi CRT with non-Standard Controls
  • Airline Pilots Deluxe
  • F355 Challenge Deluxe
  • F355 Challenge 2 Deluxe
  • Race Drivin' Panorama
  • Sega Strike Fighter Deluxe
  • TX-1
Multi Wide Screen Displays:
  • Darius Burst
  • Galaxian 3

Anyone have anything else that should be on this list?

It's a real shame there's no option for character selection in the dual-monitor X-Men variant.

Last edited:
it depends which kinds of gaming machines you think should to be in the list... like Nintendo PlayChioce-10 or Sega Mega-Tech games
or from memory:
- NAOMI World Club Champions Football, Derby Owners Club and Star Horse series - uses 2 displays for main screens (plus number of satellite player units displays)
- Naomi2 Sega Driving Simulator - 3 screens (consists of 3 comm.bd linked Naomi2s)
- some games supports additional relay/satellite display, iirc something Virtual On series and also Model2 Power Sled (sadly not fully dumped) ?

you may also use some MAME frontend with MAMEUI-inifiles pack and check Screen - Dual screen and Triple Screen lists

it depends which kinds of gaming machines you think should to be in the list...

I thought the delineation was pretty clear:
games (namely those that use joystick/buttons) that produce a wide image through multiple monitors.

Thanks for the tip on the MAMEUI-inifiles pack, I forgot about that!

I'll be damned but i forgot the name, there's a belt-scrolling double dragon type game, that has two actual jamma connectors for dual monitor 4-player support. Not sure, but i think it was from V-System? Kaneko? I cannot find it with these terms on-line.. :(

Karate Blazers? that's the only dual JAMMA edge beat'em up I can think of. but it doesn't have a double wide screen, it's just got the same video feed on both screens.

• Hang Pilot by Konami has two screens stacked vertically for a panoramic view (fed by two separate video boards). Playing that game without the sophisticated cabinet controls requires wiring two potentiometers and patching the made program code to bypass all lock/unlock/motor related errors.
  • Wartran Troopers, Lethal Enforcers 3 and Gundam Spirits of Zeon, all running on PC based hardware, make use of the two video card ports in "multi-monitor" mode configured by the computer.
  • Suzuka 8 Hours makes use a spectator tower and don't know how that fully functions yet. All I know of from a manual is there is a game board in the tower that only receives link data from any game board (while any game board sends link data to both the next game pcb in the network ring and the spectator tower pcb simultaneously). The 7seg display leds are controlled by the I/O CPU's serial port. What configures a pcb to either game or spectator mode is currently unknown.
  • Teraburst is NOT a dual screen game. The confusion behind this presumably came from the gun I/O board's processor, an M68K, reading some sync related parameters. In reality, the guns use CCD cameras for the M68K to read as gun coordinates (and how THAT works is yet to be determined due to the abysmal nature of Konami programming).
  • And last but not least, there is the Konami NWK-TR hardware with two video boards but doesn't output as a dual screen either. The reason is the bottom video board's signal feeds somewhere to the top video board (from some pcb pictures I seen). This is also why I eventually would like a NWK-TR boardset to figure out where exactly the video signal feeds to.

Wartran Troopers, Lethal Enforcers 3 and Gundam Spirits of Zeon, all running on PC based hardware, make use of the two video card ports in "multi-monitor" mode configured by the computer.
Wow! really? I always assumed they used 2 PCs networked together. Interesting.

This also reminds me of Primeval Hunt on Lindbergh, which uses the second video out on a touch screen display for the game map.

Wow! really? I always assumed they used 2 PCs networked together. Interesting.
The manual for Lethal Enforcers 3 verifies this. The video card itself has a VGA and DVI video port with the DVI port consisting of a DVI to VGA adapter. Alternatively, one could use a basic DVI to VGA cable without the need for an adapter. Gundam Spirits of Zeon's executable opens some super wide screen application most likely for running both player sides. There exist hacked versions of said executable that only run one player.

Come to think of it, there are more examples of PC arcade hardware that are multi monitor (and one of the more common examples of this is Lane Master).

Interesting. I've been trying to get a Spirits of Zeon board to run for use on my Light gun setup... (having issues with what I believe is an incorrect video card). would be cool if I could get both player screens to apear on a single wide-screen display.

Sukebe on ArcadeOtaku found this pic of a twin screen Dynax cab running Jong Yu Ki:

double_screen_dynax_cab.jpg

(don't mind the watermarks)

There's also Jong Tou Ki released two years later that's a similar twin screen mahjong game.

Very cool.

Last edited:
If you're interested in Listing the Psikyo Mahjong games that support 2-screens, they're:

Taisen Hot Gimmick
Taisen Hot Gimmick Kairakuten
Taisen Hot Gimmick 3: Digital Surfing
Taisen Hot Gimmick 4 Ever
Mahjong Hot Gimmick Integral

The series was continued on Taito Type X, though I'm not sure if the TTX games supported 2-screens:
Taisen Hot Gimmick 5
Taisen Hot Gimmick Mix Party

it's worth noting that Mix Party is basically Hot Gimmick 1-4, so I think there's be a good chance the feature is available.

I believe the Video System's Taisen Mahjong series also supports 2-screens, they feature a similar link cable system to the Psikyo Mahjong games. though I'm not super familiar with the hardware or the specific games that have support.

EDIT: these games support it:
Taisen Idol-Mahjong Final Romance 2
Taisen Mahjong Final Romance R
Taisen Mahjong Final Romance 4

the later games in the series after 4 are "Network Taisen" and the first game is just "Idol-Mahjong Final Romance" without the Taisen, so I believe it doesn't support multiple screens either.
I'm a long time mame fan of Taisen Hot Gimmick 3 , and was interested in in building the actual arcade. Since the game has two players from (A), how would I get this working from the Psikyo PCB. Would i need two Psikyo PCBs and connect them with that special link cable in order to play on 2 screens/players?

Welcome to the forum!

Since the game has two players from (A), how would I get this working from the Psikyo PCB. Would i need two Psikyo PCBs and connect them with that special link cable in order to play on 2 screens/players?

Only 1 PCB is needed. You'll notice some black headers near the front of the PCB, Psikyo made a special harness for this that plugs in here gets routed to the 2nd cab and then has another Mahjong edge for player 2. The one PCB is able to provide separate video and audio for both screens.

it looks like this:
quizidle_cable.jpg

^that's actually the cable for Lode Runner The Dig Fight, the Mahjong one is nearly identical but has a different edge connector.

There's a few of these multi-CRT games that I'd like to get (in particular Warrior Blade, 6-player X-men, and Ninja Warriors) but have thus far been dissuaded since I have no idea how to get them running in a reasonable way outside of the original cabinets. Anyone have any info that might help with this?

Wartran troopers has been named but not Warzaid, which use 1 or 2 viper boards, for 1 or 2 screens:

- a single screen version, with normal lightguns, without the "scope view". One viper board only.

- The dual screen version with gun sensors for 4 players, which uses the "scope view". Two viper boards, 2 omz-2d gun boards, 1 konami gmc22-pwb board,

Back