What's new
For Sale

CoolFox

Grand Master
Reaction score
Yes, you read it right. For several years I've been trying to restore this cabinet to a Primal Rage 2 and I think I'm done. It's going to CAX this year, but I've decided to sell it after/during it. What has been done:

1. Recapped original main board, works great. It's the development version of the board. If you find the ISA card that goes to a computer, you can debug this version :D
  2. Fans placed near the board.
  3. Recapped power supply.
  4. Recapped K7000 chassis, new control board.
  5. Extra 2 tubes, extra 2 K7000 recapped chassis.
  6. New buttons, new joysticks, new wiring.
  7. New t-molding.
  8. Hired a professional illustrator to recreate the cabinet art (marquee, side art and Atari Logo) from various sources of promotional material and printing done by GameOnGrafix.
  9. Atari logo on side of control panel.
  10. New coin mechs, keys.
  11. Dollar acceptor.
  12. New speakers.
  13. New control panel with locks.
Works great for a prototype game. This took a lot of man hours and multiple people to get it up to this stage. Anyone who is seriously interested is more than welcome to come over in Mountain View to try it out or try it out at CAX. Won't ship, but you are more than welcome to have someone pick it up. Looking for $25,000. Yes you heard right. Prob best for a museum or an extreme collector ;)

Also if you are interested, let me know what other shots you want of the cabinet. These are just to show it exists and I know everyone wants different pics.

Attachments

• tn_Photo Aug 08 2023, 12 03 19 PM.jpg
    tn_Photo Aug 08 2023, 12 03 19 PM.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 160
  • tn_Photo Aug 08 2023, 12 03 35 PM.jpg
    tn_Photo Aug 08 2023, 12 03 35 PM.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 163
  • tn_Photo Aug 08 2023, 12 03 47 PM.jpg
    tn_Photo Aug 08 2023, 12 03 47 PM.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 161
Yes, you read it right. For several years I've been trying to restore this cabinet to a Primal Rage 2 and I think I'm done. It's going to CAX this year, but I've decided to sell it after/during it. What has been done:

1. Recapped original main board, works great. It's the development version of the board. If you find the ISA card that goes to a computer, you can debug this version :D
  2. Fans placed near the board.
  3. Recapped power supply.
  4. Recapped K7000 chassis, new control board.
  5. Extra 2 tubes, extra 2 K7000 recapped chassis.
  6. New buttons, new joysticks, new wiring.
  7. New t-molding.
  8. Hired a professional illustrator to recreate the cabinet art (marquee, side art and Atari Logo) from various sources of promotional material and printing done by GameOnGrafix.
  9. Atari logo on side of control panel.
  10. New coin mechs, keys.
  11. Dollar acceptor.
  12. New speakers.
  13. New control panel with locks.
Works great for a prototype game. This took a lot of man hours and multiple people to get it up to this stage. Anyone who is seriously interested is more than welcome to come over in Mountain View to try it out or try it out at CAX. Won't ship, but you are more than welcome to have someone pick it up. Looking for $25,000. Yes you heard right. Prob best for a museum or an extreme collector ;)

Also if you are interested, let me know what other shots you want of the cabinet. These are just to show it exists and I know everyone wants different pics.
Hey, any idea what revision of PR2 you got? The one that GG has, and is emulated on MAME is titled as 0.36A, so I was just wondering if you have a later or different revision.

Last edited:
Okay, thanks for checking there’s actual one earlier build than 0.36A, and one right after that hasn’t been dumped. That later build is probably the holy grail since it was the last version made before PR2 was cancelled. A lot of PR players are interested in finding it to see what was completed and to possibly look into hacking it to finish it. So far there’s only one known person who has it.

No, say it isn’t so! That guy’s hoarding stuff? Sheeeeet, next you’re gonna tell me some wacky story about Billy Mitchell’s world records..,,
I like how he has kept the machines up and running and sorta a brain trust but it's an annoyance that he wont share.

Back