What's new
I'll post some pics when I get home, I haven't used chunkins build but perhaps I'll try that. I did fail to mention this computer has Windows 10 on it, should I be trying to use 7 instead?

Chunksin's is based off win7. All builds I've done prior to chunksins is also win7 based.

I can't say I've personally used win10 for a gm build with a jpac

I can't say I've personally used win10 for a gm build with a jpac

Me either. More system overhead than needed. My MAME builds only ever get stuffed in a cab. So I never use a PC that has value for general computing purposes. I stick to PC's from circa 2009. Works fine for MAME. In most cases, such PC's are tossed out/free.

I will be building a MAME PC this weekend to test out this PCB I fabbed.

Yeah I use Dell optiplex's and they've been great! Can't fault them at all. They fit well inside candy cabs too. 9 times out of 10 I use gm instead of changing to cps2/3. For my purposes, convenience out weighs original arcade hw

Ok so I made some progress! I got the image to stablize finally but the screen is off center like the entire side of the screen on the left is black and the right side is cut off if that makes sense?

Are you saying it's so far over to the right that you can't center it using the H pos and / or H hold pots?

What happens if you try and center it? (I.e. how much of a gap is left if you max out the available adjustment on the H pos pot?).

It's not unusual for the image to be shifted a little to one side with some sources. I always had that issue when using my Neo Geo via rgb on a CRT TV. It's unusual for it to be shifted so far that it can't be centered though.

Have you confirmed that you've definitely achieved a 15khz output from the PC?

So I tried the Windows 7 GroovyMame setup and I'm getting the exact same symptoms as I was on the Windows 10 setup I was attempting. Here's an actual photo this time:
These adjustment knobs are so darn sensitive too. I suppose I should read up on each one does instead of just randomly turning them until I get what I think is the right adjustment.

image0.jpeg

So your image is just scrolling through vertically?

Do you have a VHOLD pot you can turn to stabilise the image? Once the image is stabilised, you'll probably need to adjust your width and position of the screen too.

So your image is just scrolling through vertically?

Do you have a VHOLD pot you can turn to stabilise the image? Once the image is stabilised, you'll probably need to adjust your width and position of the screen too.

Yeah scrolling vertically and I can't seem to get the width and position to move much. I'll work on stabilizing first.

I know this is an old thread but were you ever able to get it sorted out?

Unfortunately not. It's just kind of sitting in my garage for now. Hopefully one day I'll be inspired to give it another whirl :)

Back