What's new
Theres no difference in the versions, what so ever, ie this runs on an x2 it just lacks integration stuff, and those are 3rd party addins not realated to AM, or the theme.

Theres no difference in the versions, what so ever, ie this runs on an x2 it just lacks integration stuff, and those are 3rd party addins not realated to AM, or the theme.
Of course, since TX2 is a PC... but you have two different packages, with two different purposes, and some rather hazy information which is causing confusion. One is in this thread, aimed for general PC use, and it would probably take some effort to get working on a TX2 system for most people. The other, aimed for the TX2, is buried somewhere deep in Niko's TX2 Multi thread that is currently 84 pages long.

You've done some really good work with the front end, and it really is appreciated, but the posts about it could be clearer.

If there really is "no difference in the versions" as you state, please feel free to edit the initial post of this thread to include the drag and drop TX2 package, and offer some indication as to which is which. Cheers. :)

Of course, since TX2 is a PC... but you have two different packages, with two different purposes, and some rather hazy information which is causing confusion. One is in this thread, aimed for general PC use, and it would probably take some effort to get working on a TX2 system for most people. The other, aimed for the TX2, is buried somewhere deep in Niko's TX2 Multi thread that is currently 84 pages long.
You've done some really good work with the front end, and it really is appreciated, but the posts about it could be clearer.

If there really is "no difference in the versions" as you state, please feel free to edit the initial post of this thread to include the drag and drop TX2 package, and offer some indication as to which is which. Cheers. :)
Artwork, AttractMode And all Exes, Are unchanged And this version is what you use to update your X2 when new assets are released.

To quote myself form before

The unquie elements for the setup are 3 new exes created for the X2

a game.exe that checks dips, and sets the res to hd, or sd, and then decides if you have a fast io or a jvs
a multi.exe that checks if the game is in the correct folder ( since nikos 1.4 image changed games naming schemes ) And then displays an error message if the folder name is not found
a reload.exe that closes Attract-mode, and relaunches nikos standalone Menu.

And to quote the read me, and myself form the other thread

This is not a "port" of my theme , Am Or any of the pre released software, this is 3 applcations(A game.exe, a multi.exe and a reload.exe) that enable it to run
on the X2 platform, Since AM Runs out of the box This is important to understand You are not tied to using what I have created,
Past or present, And Important to understand "artwork" update or theme updates That I do for My Projects form time to time, do not
need to be ported or converted, They need to only be copied over nothing more so your updates for things like artwork, and theme upgrades
or even if you go to the offical source of AM Or create your own theme You can apply it,drag and drop it, and do with as you see fit.
So to state it so it clear all artwork updates are the same theres not a unquie special sause to this version or any other version.
I have to say this beacuse It royally Ticks me when I see people using it ( the old version Corey setup for drag and drop), and
they haven't taken the time to ever change a setting, or upgrade the artwork because they dont understand it isnt special or unquie to the x2

So I got around to putting Attract Mode on my PC that had been running HyperSpin. And after a bunch of setup I've got things mostly working. But I've run into the same issue as this guy:

But for me...I have strange issues :(
In the setup menu, up and down are inverted (I don't have this problem in games).
Other point is when scrolling left and right in the different games. I don't understand how things are moving but it looks like it's not just moving by 1 games to the rigtht or 1 to the left.
How do I fix the up/down inversion? If up is up in the setup menu, it goes down in the front-end, and vice-versa.

And the weird way things scroll left and right (If I scroll right after I'm highlighting the right-most game the whole thing scrolls left, and vice-versa).

I'd like to invert both issues as it's incredibly unintuitive.

It LOOK stunning. It runs great. But I really gotta figure this one bit out.

left right, movement animation is flipped, the indexmovement however is correct. never found a way to fix it. however up and down should work. fine it just is backwards inside the tab menu on the main screen it should be fine

left right, movement animation is flipped, the indexmovement however is correct. never found a way to fix it. however up and down should work. fine it just is backwards inside the tab menu on the main screen it should be fine
Well, at least I know half of the problem is unfixable. Will have to try to get used to it. If not, ditch the Nxl for the other theme you put in. They're both great looking.

But up and down being backwards is inherently not fine, lol. It's backwards. Is there nothing I can do to make both the main screen and the tab menu have the same up and down movement?

Well, at least I know half of the problem is unfixable. Will have to try to get used to it. If not, ditch the Nxl for the other theme you put in. They're both great looking.
But up and down being backwards is inherently not fine, lol. It's backwards. Is there nothing I can do to make both the main screen and the tab menu have the same up and down movement?
Correct, there will have to be inverted, the issue is due to the animate module in AM
in moves the index +1 or -1 ie forward or back in game since
So due to the preexisting animate module working the way it dose when the index is moved forward it in-turns makes an animation go in that direction
its the same issue with left, and right movement
So you can make them both work as up and down, in both menus, however that breaks the animation to be backwards, so i compromised
and inverseed up and down, in the sub menu only, since it shouldn't be used often anyway to get the correct animation inside the theme menu

Thanks for taking the time to explain :).

Hi I'm looking for the art work that displays on the sides when playing nesica games. For example the character move list for the character your playing in SF3 3rd strike.

when I play 3rd strike they don't show and there not in the folder is there a link I can get just to the artwork

for 4:3 games in 16:9 you will get side art

examu games are just bmps in the game folder

for SF3 and the likes they are stored in binary game file somewhere

NESiCAxLive Custom 2.53 -

NESiCAxLive Custom 2.57

Does anyone know where to find it?

forum.php

@atrfate I recently got this setup and configured on my TTX2 multi but I have a weird sound problem with the menu.

I get audio output in games but no audio output in menu. I've checked the sound settings in the config and even reset the config but no change.

Interestingly when I run AM from my TTX hard drive on my PC sound works great in the menu... it's only silent when running on my TTX2 hardware.

This is in the NXL SD theme.

Any idea what the problem could be?

One other thing I noticed is that when selecting a game if I go to the right edge an push right, then the games all shift right and it highlights the game to the left of where I was (and visa-versa on the left edge). this seem to function in the reverse from what I would expect. I'm not sure if this is intended behavior or not.

Last edited:
@atrfate I recently got this setup and configured on my TTX2 multi but I have a weird sound problem with the menu.

I get audio output in games but no audio output in menu. I've checked the sound settings in the config and even reset the config but no change.

Interestingly when I run AM from my TTX hard drive on my PC sound works great in the menu... it's only silent when running on my TTX2 hardware.

This is in the NXL SD theme.

Any idea what the problem could be?

One other thing I noticed is that when selecting a game if I go to the right edge an push right, then the games all shift right and it highlights the game to the left of where I was (and visa-versa on the left edge). this seem to function in the reverse from what I would expect. I'm not sure if this is intended behavior or not.
Audio bug, not sure my mans
guessing the audio issue would be releated to
either a dvi/hdmi or the dvi to vga adapter trying to pass audio over it. soo am dosent attempt to go over the 3.5m

in terms of movement thats known and caused byt the ghetto way i have to draw a list, while it appears like a 4/x grid really all 100+ games are just in a line and moving moves the index+ 1 or -1
so you end up with a werid feeling movements sometimes this could be fixed, but i never got around 2 it and kinda got used to it

OK so I got Niko's new image working pretty good .. and few glitches here and there but no biggy (JVS goes dead when I load Arcana Heart 2 for some reason .. not on any other game).

So I decided to load up atrfate's front end.

1) Copied everything in the D folder to TTX2Multi[D]. Check!

2) Copied everything in the E folder to TTX2Multi[Games]. Check!

3) Renamed all folders of games I plan on using (or that I have) to match the naming convention as per the Foldernames.txt. Check!

Arcana Heart 2[TTX]
Arcana Heart 3[TTX]
BattleFantasia[TTX]
BlazBlue CalamityTrigger[TTX]
BlazBlue ContinuumShift II[TTX]
BlazBlue ContinuumShift[TTX]
Chaos Breaker[TTX]
Daemon Bride[TTX]
Deathsmiles II[TTX]
GigaWing Generations[TTX]
Homura[TTX]
King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match[TTX]
King of Fighters XII[TTX]
King of Fighters XIII[TTX]
King of Fighters XIII Climax[TTX]
King of Fighters Maximum Impact Regulation A[TTX]
King of Fighters SkyStage[TTX]
Power Instinct 5[TTX]
Raiden 3[TTX]
Raiden 4[TTX]
SamuraiSpirits Sen[TTX]
Shikigami no Shiro III[TTX]
Spica Adventure[TTX]
Suggoi! Arcana Heart 2[TTX]
Trouble Witches[TTX]
StreetFighter 4[TTX]
StreetFighter 4 Arcade Edition[TTX]
Super StreetFighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012[TTX]
StreetFighter 4 Arcade Edition Export[TTX]
Senko no Ronde Duo[TTX]

4)Edit TTX2Multi[D]\Frontend\AM\romlists\Nesicagui.txt using # to remark out all games I do not have. Check!

5)Put drive in TTX2 unit and boot it up. Initially it loads into Niko's front end so I set the Frontend as default and shut the machine down and reboot. Check!

6)It boots into the GLROIOUS front end and everything looks good .. er .. wait. There's games missing!!!!

It seems it did not pick up..
Arcana Heart 2[TTX]
Arcana Heart 3[TTX]
Daemon Bride[TTX]
Deathsmiles II[TTX]
King of Fighters SkyStage[TTX]
Power Instinct 5[TTX]
Raiden 3[TTX]
Raiden 4[TTX]
Spica Adventure[TTX]
Suggoi! Arcana Heart 2[TTX]
Trouble Witches[TTX]

So I load each game that does show up to make sure they play .. ayup all is good there.

I then open up the setting and change the Front end around to my tastes settling on the SegaPras - HD theme.

Soooo Did I miss something to make sure games are added? ?( ?( ?(

As a side note don't forget to edit the folder structure of games you add ..

For example..
TTX2Multi[Games]:\Arcana Heart 2[TTX]\Game\ .. is the folder where the Arcana Heart 2 game goes
TTX2Multi[Games]:\Arcana Heart 2[TTX]\TypeXmulti\ is a folder you have to create and add the config.ini to which pretty much just says gametype=jvs in it.
Then just to be safe I added a JPG file for each game Mainly for when your in default mode it still has a picture.
This post was probably the most helpful I've seen in the thread, clear steps and explanation. The information in the thread seems to be really tangled and should be organised in the first post. I am a complete noob, but maybe a different thread to run this in Nikos multi should be started, cause Niko's Multi file comes with certain partition names, games and game folders, that make even the drag and drop version, not really drag and drop. Thats why some people wonder why drag and drop is not really working. Some information is buried in Niko's multi thread but buried pages deep of posts not related to the fronted. I think new thread with things explained step by step would be really useful, I would do it myself, but it is not my work and think Artfate deserves a lot of credit for it, and second I haven't been able to set it up myself, and still trying to figure out stuff...

You do fully understand its linked in red at the top of this thread, along with a very clear readme inside the download zip on what to do to make it work

Sorry not here to hold your hand anymore than that

Back