What's new

Derick2k

Immortal
Reaction score
Ok, so had some time to redo an audio test probe schematic I found online. It's pretty simple but it's a tried & working design. I wanted to adjust it to fit a case and connections the way I needed so came up with these. I had done a version with all SMD components, but figured some might want to build these and through-hole might be easier.

I made 2 layouts, a single-sided and a double-sided to have different mounting/install options.

Single (probably best for those who don't care about a case and just want to have it on a base with leads)
2024-02-01_19-53-36.jpg2024-02-01_20-35-58.jpg

Double (this I was thinking of mounting in a case, securing it to a top plate with the nuts for the pots should be sufficient)

2024-02-01_19-46-03.jpg2024-02-01_19-45-28.jpg2024-02-01_19-45-00.jpg
these are still missing a few connectors for test leads and an on/off switch, but those are things the end user can decide on what to use for their setup.
You can hook up an 8Ω 5-10 watt speaker, should be more than enough or wire in a headphone jack to use with headphones.
l will order a couple of PCBs to test, if anyone wants to try any of these PCBs let me know. I probably won't get them until a few weeks from now because of the Chinese New Year.

Last edited:
This is very interesting. I'm currently using the cheap Elenco LP-560. I really like the idea of having it on a base with leads. I'd be interested in one!

Its a design thats been around for a while now, I want wanted to change the layout a bit and put it in a case with banana jacks to use with proper test leads. Went all the with a custom case, pcbs mounted connecter and what not, but it would have been too expensive lol. So went back to simple, easy to solder and easy mounting options.

I'm with you, extravagant is fun. I always remember K.I.S.S. after I put way too much effort into something. Damn my 101 teachers lol.

Back