What's new

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Anyone in Oz have a Capcom Classic to JAMMA adaptor for sale or loan? I built a harness that beeps out correctly, but wanna test with something more certified to work.

Frank_fjs

Multi Boyz 4 Lyfe
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Use your home made adaptor, I have faith in you! As long as you got power right you won't blow anything up.

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
You'll get why when I send you a photo on SMS ;), I'm using this horrible thick wire from RS that I bought (I think you have a spool of it too) and it's not pliable at all. Also using an old JAMMA edge connector and those tan/brown bredboards from back in the day. The cost of ordering more supplies would probably be the same as an adapter. Plus at this point, I'm only testing...

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
Just a heads up to anyone looking for a non Taito, newly made clone Chewlix cabinet in Melbourne (probably shipping ozwide?). There's a guy I found on Facebook who's bringing in a 40ft container of arcade cabs including Vewlix cabs that are going to be landing around the end of September. This is NOT me, and it has nothing to do with me, i was about to go through the process of trying to order a single machine on alibab and I found someone who's bringing a container.

Here's what I know about these.

AVAILABLE: Around mid to end of October.
PRICE: $1800 AUD landed and delivered to your door in Melbourne. I'm pretty sure they will ship to other states/regions, but i have no idea about pricing as I haven't asked him yet.
LOCATION: These are being delivered to and stored in the Cranbourne area. They will be available to inspect before buy when they land.
COLOURS: red/black, red/white/black, white/black (he said that maybe blue and white will be available later.. i don't really know what he meant by that! Maybe next container?)

So originally they were requesting payment in advance, but i chatted to them and told them no way i'm sending money, and no one else would want to either, but i'll buy one when they are landed. It's not the cheapest, but if I was to buy one outright from alibaba and then have to deal with the shipping/customs/delivery to my door by myself... I think the cheapest i'm probably going to land one of these at my door from alibaba is around $1400-1600 aud (shipping is expensive!!!!)... For the sake of a few extra $100... to pay someone else to take care of the entire process and bring the cab to my door... I'm happy with that. I don't have the patience or knowledge to stuff around with shipping and customs to save a few $100, nor do i have any way to pick up the machine and bring it home. Delivered to my door works well for me!

- 32”LG 1080p screen with resolution of 1920*1080 (apparently this screen is better than the samsung one that most of the other chewlix cabs come with? No idea why)
- Pandora EX-2 game board built in 3188 retro games
- Convertor PCB for Jamma 15KHZ game
- 2 player control panel and each player 8 buttons
- White Sanwa joysticks and buttons
- audio amplifier
- coin comparator acceptor (i'm guessing this is a coin mech)

So, this is not a group buy, i'm not in any way involved in this container, just found this guy on Facebook and thought i'd share it here if anyone is thinking of getting one of these cabs, there will be some supply locally then! I'm going to grab one of the black/white ones. I know someone will probably try and tell me how to get it cheaper and save a few bucks, totally understand... this is just an option that's out there!

Here's the pics from the Facebook post. This shows different colours. I think it's possible to get some changes to the machines at this stage as the container hasn't shipped. I asked for a 6 buttons control panel on my machine. As it sits, i've given the guy my phone number and he's going to contact me when they land. If anyone wants, i can send through the facebook account of the person i've chatted with. Just send me a pm.

117372814_2779972802326377_5110450199566836815_o.jpg

117768879_2779972788993045_2974615807721969032_o.jpg

117376781_2779972795659711_7444752745271501285_o.jpg

Last edited:

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Just so people are aware, these are definitely Chinese Vewlix clones and not the real thing.

Nothing wrong with them, just to clarify for people going in as to not be disappointed just by going off the branding.

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
Yes, 100% chinese clones and not original machines!
Just so people are aware, these are definitely Chinese Vewlix clones and not the real thing.

Nothing wrong with them, just to clarify for people going in as to not be disappointed just by going off the branding.

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up though. Crazy how expensive they are for what they are. I imported very clean Vewlix cabs in the past and they were much cheaper landed.

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
Also just to be completely clear here, this is not some pre-order group buy. These are just going to be available locally to buy, in person mid to end of October. You walk in, inspect and pay your money at the time. No obligations etc etc etc. It's just a heads up if anyone is looking to buy one in the next few months. It's a lot cheaper than some of the other locally priced machines I found!

I'll keep this thread posted on any progress updates I get and will be doing a full strip down review of mine when i finally get it!

mR_CaESaR

Grand Master
Reaction score
Just be very wary of that guy. I'm sure he recently got booted out of a vewlix/chewlix FB group.

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up though. Crazy how expensive they are for what they are. I imported very clean Vewlix cabs in the past and they were much cheaper landed.
Where from? I have been searching and the prices are WAY higher than that for original cabs. Closer to 3-4k aud landed for an original cab. I would happily buy an original cab but where to get them from cheaper than say... 3kaud?

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
Just be very wary of that guy. I'm sure he recently got booted out of a vewlix/chewlix FB group.
Thanks for the heads up, i wasn't sending any money. I told him when they are landed, contact me and i'll go inspect the machine before they deliver and i'll pay on delivery. I figured with being able to inspect the cabs, and paying when it's at my house i can't really get too ripped?

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
This was two years ago, and obviously there’s A LOT of work involved in getting a container here. I tried again late last year but it became too tricky paying up front for other peoples machines they wanted. So I cancelled my mission. I may revisit again depending on how this Covid-19 stuff pans out.

Just know that if you’re willing to put in the leg work, research and most importantly the money, you’ll get legit cabs of all types cheaper than knock offs. It helps greatly if you can speak/read/write 日本語 and understand basic Japanese business etiquette.

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
These are the only options i found for original Vewlix cabs.

- Highway has used Viewlix F in Japan for $2120aud + shipping. No way that gets landed for less than 3Kaud.
- Coinop has Viewlix L for 1200usd, say $1700aud + 600-1200usd shipping for single machine. At least 3k i'm going see this being once landed.
- Shadaloo has stock in Europe, but $2500aud for their cheapest model. + shipping, i can see around 3k-3.5k landed.

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
This was two years ago, and obviously there’s A LOT of work involved in getting a container here. I tried again late last year but it became too tricky paying up front for other peoples machines they wanted. So I cancelled my mission. I may revisit again depending on how this Covid-19 stuff pans out.

Just know that if you’re willing to put in the leg work, research and most importantly the money, you’ll get legit cabs of all types cheaper than knock offs. It helps greatly if you can speak/read/write 日本語 and understand basic Japanese business etiquette.
I understand. I really just want to buy 1 cab... i can't do containers, i don't speak Japanese or have any experience with Japan. So.... for a layman like me, who just wants a nice modern looking cab with a 1080p screen, the Chewlix @ $1800 delivered is pretty appealing. Sure I would like to get it cheaper, but if I have to spend hours and hours screwing around to try get some savings... landed to my door prices starts to get even more appealing.

mR_CaESaR

Grand Master
Reaction score

- Highway has used Viewlix F in Japan for $2120aud + shipping. No way that gets landed for less than 3Kaud.
- Coinop has Viewlix L for 1200usd, say $1700aud + 600-1200usd shipping for single machine. At least 3k i'm going see this being once landed.
- Shadaloo has stock in Europe, but $2500aud for their cheapest model. + shipping, i can see around 3k-3.5k landed.
This is EXACTLY the reason why I went a pair of Chewlix's.

I got one for 1100 from marketplace and another brand new one at 1600.

Covid hasn't made importing any easier or cheaper and I think importing from Alibaba is going to be more expensive than when I imported many years ago.

We don't have KC's or Game Saru's here in AU so things come at a higher premium.

Yes, you can definitely get things much cheaper if you import a container, but the reality is, most of us mere mortals would never be able to do it without a large outlay and potentially even money loss.

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score

This is EXACTLY the reason why I went a pair of Chewlix's.
I got one for 1100 from marketplace and another brand new one at 1600.

Covid hasn't made importing any easier or cheaper and I think importing from Alibaba is going to be more expensive than when I imported many years ago.

We don't have KC's or Game Saru's here in AU so things come at a higher premium.

Yes, you can definitely get things much cheaper if you import a container, but the reality is, most of us mere mortals would never be able to do it without a large outlay and potentially even money loss.
$1100 or even $1600 would be nice. $1800 is close to as high as i would go, but for convenience of delivered to my door. I'll pay it... it's only money. I'll sell my Bubble Bobble and Ghosts n Goblins boards to fund it! It's getting more difficult and expensive to get arcade cabs lately, and finding ones in decent condition is even harder. Thanks for all the input and discussions folks, appreciate it!

mR_CaESaR

Grand Master
Reaction score
keep a look out on marketplace for the games wizard cabs - but if you want a particular colour, then you don't really have much of an option.

I know there was a games wizard that recently went for sale for 800 in Sydney.

chadzero5

Beginner
Reaction score

Yeah I saw these on the Aussie FB arcade page as well - the person posted it didn't seem to have a lot of history but yeah at least there isn't some obligation to put money down to guarantee a machine (hopefully not).

Sucks its in Melbourne and also sucks I have no space.

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score

Yeah I saw these on the Aussie FB arcade page as well - the person posted it didn't seem to have a lot of history but yeah at least there isn't some obligation to put money down to guarantee a machine (hopefully not).
Sucks its in Melbourne and also sucks I have no space.
I've chatted a bit to the guy now, he seems pretty genuine. I told him no one is going to send him money before the cabs arrive, he understood. He's bringing the container in regardless of that. There's no obligation. I'm getting my machine specific to what I asked for and he's not asking for anything at all.

They aren't coming with a monitor bracket for rotating, it's an extra $20 or so. I told him he should add one of those for every cab because most people will probably want one.