What's new
My wife doesn't mind what I buy, what she does mind is mess. And that's a problem as I have much stuff yet little space to store it, and I'm always working on something which means my tools are all over the place. My kitchen table is better stocked than Jaycar!

I think we need a new thread about marital acceptance and tips and tricks of this particularly expensive hobby ;)

Anyone chasing a CPS2 B board for a future multi use, I have 2 available.

I have a phoenixed MSH vs SF CPS2 B board (grey) for Aussie peeps. $160 shipped.

Edit - No longer available/SOLD.

Last edited:
PVM-14L1 successfully snuck into the house, hidden in the garage under boxes.

Stay tuned for next weeks episode of "Tube Trekkers".

If she catches you, just tell her you were going to surprise her with a multi screen surveillance system for the house on the cheap.

Hey

So has anyone here bought shockboxes ever/recently? The shipping costs are crazy high (basically higher than the product).

Cheers

It not worth it honestly. I received some with games I bought over time and I’m going to pick some up from @suverman when I next go to Sydney. But shippings a rort.

The quality of them aren’t crash hit either. They do crack at the seams more often than not. And if you drop them, they will just shatter. Hopefully someone makes a better solution.

But they look purdy. Surprised China hasn't started making them.

China has nice Neo Geo shockboxes, but I believe they are repurposed from the Neo Geo Gold X sets they pulled apart. You see them listed with the more premium looking 161-in-1 carts nowadays on AliExpress. Wouldn’t hurt hitting them up, let me know if you get anywhere with it.

I know they are only copies, but when you have never owned one, it's pretty hype!
Mate, chewlixs are great! I love my pair! They're not perfect out of the box, but they're definitely great.

I'm slowly doing a change on mine - I'll be upgrading the monitors very soon along with re-wiring it to become JVS standard, I'm trying to replicate the taito wiring as best as I can :) I probably could've just gone a jvs to jamma, but these cabs will never ever have a JAMMA board on it, so there's really no point. I've also got some Fast I/O's on the way which I'm hoping will work with 6 buttons (information I'm reading about this particular pcb is it's not compatible - we'll see around December, but the time I get the I/O's and wire it up with the proper harnesses, it'll take some time).

That all being said, if we had access to OG Vewlix's like the US - I would love to get myself original C's

I opted to keep it 1080p for the time being.

The LG standard 32mp58hq has become one of the most recommended, so once I update with those, my current issue of being able to split video should now be removed - for whatever reason, the pc always boots in 720p and not 1080p.

I'm thinking about putting a PC on there, but I've already got a PC/360 in the noirs, so I'm not too fussed.

Once I get the ttx3 working, I'm almost sure, it'll just go back to being a ps4 setup lol

The sinden is nice and I'd be very keen to understand how aussies will import it due to our strict firearm laws (I lost about 400 on a brand new namco game due to customs confiscation.. but it is what it is). I'm lucky in the sense that all the light gun games I want to play are only the Namco ones which are all available on the PS2 and I have a cab dedicated for that purpose.

It will definitely be interesting to see how this chewlix import goes - I would love one more as a vertical setup, but I just physically don't have the room anymore LOL

My Neo Geo collection used to be shockboxes, they looked nice on the shelf.

In other stuff... Who wants to do the Australian 4p NeoTris multitap? The guy is releasing the design not offering it himself...

I'm happy to build it if the plans are made available. I don't have a Neo multi cart to test with though. I think I need to get one the next time they're available.

I'll be making a multi tap when its released dependant on design.

I've built 5 of the Furrtek designed Neo memory cards - they're 32k with the bank switch and no battery needed.

https://github.com/neogeodev/NeoMemCard2

Hirose connector, Panasonic caps and resistors. Cypress FeRAM

I don't need 5 so I'll be selling a couple of these on once they've been tested. Let me know if you're interested :)

I'd be interested if it works on my MVS? I have MV-1F

Back