What's new
Does anyone have any connecting cables for nba jam te (connect motherboard to sound board?
I think there are 3 cables
a ribbon cable and power cables - also the sound control cable ;
can the sound be controlled directly on the board?

Just thought I would ask here as a local (Australian) purchase avoids international postage

I have a power cable for MK1 that should be the same. The ribbon cable is a standard IDC cable

The other cable is connected directly to a pot, you can just buy a pot from Jaycar and attach wires straight to the correct pins on the sound board

The problem with them is what to do with the cabs once you've removed the monitors.

On the real though, I've often thought to myself that it would be cool to put 4P beat em ups in a vs city.

I know someone who has done exactly that - he asked me to wire up harnesses to support controllers for 3P/4P.

Great idea, works pretty well too

Last edited:
I probably going to try and sell a spare Blast Monitor of mine, as my job/industry is still not back on it's feet and I'd like to at least buy my mum some roses or something for xmas :P

Tosh Ms-2931S tube
Branded 2931 Nanao Frame
Dead Ms-2931 Chassis ( typical protection circuit shutdown , but very clean considering the fault )

Have no idea what's a fair price too offload it at ? Any suggestions ?

I was thinking round $500 or am I tripping ?

Hope things are goin' ok for you down there @orio1 -- you guys had it tough in the Bern for sure.

$500 doesn't sound bad all things considering. You don't really see the tubes or chassis about at all. How's the geometry / any burn on the tube?

Yeah, I'd imagine the chances of finding a spare Nanao Blast tube in the wild nowadays is going to be quite rare, so I'd imagine $500 would be quite reasonable, especially if the tube is working and is in good condition with no burn.

Failing that @djcalle would also be interested I think?
nah, i would not worry so much about that. He would have hoarded enough crts to fill up the house. Probably need bigger place for that lol

On other thing, TRFightstick is doing a small run of high quality print for INSERT COIN decal for Astro City. I've talked to hursit and he agreeed to provide $1 USD discount for each decal (so $10 USD for each decal + $30USD shipping to australia). Shipping is quite pricy given that you either order one or ten. I am thinking of ordering around 30 decals or so. So if I my math is correct, that would be about $15AUD per decal once these arrive in australia. Please do let me know if you guys are interested in buying Hursit's decals from me, I have not yet finalised the order but would like to gather enough interest before proceeding.

nah, i would not worry so much about that. He would have hoarded enough crts to fill up the house. Probably need bigger place for that lol

That's a bit rough mate! If I had his knowledge on all things CRTs, I'd be doing the same thing with all things CRT. These things aren't going to last forever.

That's a bit rough mate! If I had his knowledge on all things CRTs, I'd be doing the same thing with all things CRT. These things aren't going to last forever.
Nah, it's the truth mate, did not jest around with that remark. Anyway, he should open shop like Jomac to fix crts and make a living out of it to be honest as he knows shit load about CRT.

Totally agree,it seems like crts are not going to last as stock is dwindling fast. But i guess given how nice the CRT filter on LCD screen (retrotink 5x-pro), i guess we might have some sort of 4:3 29" LCD screen + CRT filter, that would scratch the itch of many arcade cab owners

The problem with them is what to do with the cabs once you've removed the monitors.

On the real though, I've often thought to myself that it would be cool to put 4P beat em ups in a vs city.
You got the right idea!!:thumbup:

Thats the plan I have for at least one of my VS City's, whether it be a proper JAMMA setup or emulation... due to the fact of all the cool non arcade multiplayer beat em ups out there these days.

Back