What's new

Dzhay

Professional
Reaction score
I never believe the second line. Who sells their cab/supergun first? I'm sure it has happened in the history of humanity, but I do not believe those claims when I read them.

klee123

Professional
Reaction score
Good point there, the seller's other auction with Leathal Enforcers clearly shows that he can test PCBs.

Pretty dodgy for him to say 'Untested' just to give the benefit of doubt to unsuspecting buyers.

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
It “could” be a suicided cart. Or he “might” not have a CD drive and disc. But yeah, pretty expensive punt to take. At $300-400 it might be worth it… even for the parts, not at anything much more.

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
So all the game files are in the cart itself? I can just run the game like that?
Not exactly. The cart is just a security mechanism with a CPU in there. The SIMMs for NoCD versions were programmed at the Capcom factory and run without the need to have a SCSI device connected.

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Yup! CPS-2 and 3 take only a little legwork to get up and running. I think people are scared to look outside of their own backyard for these and put in the work. You can still get decent donor sets for CPS-2 from Japan landed in Australia for $300 AUD.

Avoid that CPS-3 on eBay at all costs. Was posting as a PSA when it was still reasonably priced. @mR_CaESaR can concur about the issues the motherboards a prone to :)

mR_CaESaR

Grand Master
Reaction score
I hate em! I bought 3 to get one working :cursing::cursing::cursing:

First one was purchased in the same situation - not tested, but it had a full set of ram, 3s and the cd so I thought why not..

Second and Third mobo were sold as both working - only one worked.

If I can get 700 for a non working 3s full set of ram set, I would be bloody cheering!

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Well, if anyone has a spare 128MB regular simm, i need one to convert my JOJO kit to a multi... just sayin.
Will keep an eye out for you. With people upgrading to UltraSIMMS, I’m surprised there aren’t more loose SIMMs or sets of them being sold off?

Nimmers

Professional
Reaction score