What's new
With bloodshot eyes and living off energy drinks, I can gladly report that there are new and restocked items on the website.
Many thanks and kind regards to all for the continued support 👊
www.CQBArcade.com
20220814_180624.jpg
20220811_192401.jpg
20220811_142344.jpg
20220811_224904.jpg

In my travels attempting to locate a Viper stand up cab, I was made aware that there is Japanese candy cabs (not known what types or what condition however) with the "240" arcade operator in Melbourne.
Hopefully, there is something good there for those of you on the hunt!
Edit - let me know if you need further info to locate the "240" arcade operator. He is well known to some but it was the first time I had heard of this place.

Last edited:
In my travels attempting to locate a Viper stand up cab, I was made aware that there is Japanese candy cabs (not known what types or what condition however) with the "240" arcade operator in Melbourne.
Hopefully, there is something good there for those of you on the hunt!
Edit - let me know if you need further info to locate the "240" arcade operator. He is well known to some but it was the first time I had heard of this place.
I checked in with them the other day. Here’s their email reply. If I was local I’d definitely go and have a look. I just bought a machine that had their ten year’s old business card on it - and I’d never heard of them either so looked them up.

New Astro City $1900
Neo Candy $1600
Atomiswave $2000

Prices include GST and does not include freight No software is included.

Kind Regards,

Jason Tainton

240 Amusements
Factory 10,
2 Hallam South Rd
Hallam, Victoria 3803
AUSTRALIA
Ph: 039 702 4760
Web: www.240.com.au
Email: Jason@240.com.au

Seeing as there's quite a number of Aussies on here, it would be good to get a list of us all for future networking, group buys and possibly planning a meet up.

If you could provide the following details, we can have a nice little registry of Aussie members here.

1. Username
2. Location (State)
3. Services you can offer other members (repairs, sales, etc.)
4. Things you're looking for?
5. Website links?

--------------------------------------------------

1. Eugy
2. Melbourne, Vic
3. Artwork illustration and design
4. More room
5. eugy.portfoliobox

....long time listener, first time caller...

Interest check - I will be getting a few things hopefully from Jamma Nation X (JNX) http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/store.html

Is there anyone interested in joining me for a group buy?

There should be quite a few things there of interest to people here - let me know via PM. Many thanks.

That's a great price! Looks pretty good too. My preferred astros.

Wish I had more room

Sometimes ignorance is bliss. Roughly 10 years ago when I bought my first cab, it was a New Astro City scuffed to shit, monitor had burn and the convergence/geometry was screaming for a recap. It needed to warm up and my sticks/buttons were whatever, I never even bothered swapping them out. I genuinely didn't know any better or cared to find out. Sure I was a "regular" on various cliquey forums like shmups but I just wanted to play some games man.

Didn't stop me from getting some good Progear 2nd loop practice in! (I hit a brick wall at 2-3 before the long dick of life came swinging at me).

Honestly I miss that cab so much it's unreal. Anyway working on cabs is cool and all but remember why we got into this financial black hole of a hobby in the first place.

Also I never posted a picture of my setup. So here it is, now people know what I have I guess :) I suppose it's the culmination of 10 years on/off dabbling with all this fun nonsense.

(Hey if a Windy 1 comes up for sale please let me know, thirsty is an understatement. These Windy 2's have converted me to team Konami, sorry wallet!)
Are you running a Cave Collection on Xbox 360 in that far Windy II @phokkun? How is it if so?

That's correct! It's a modded 360 with a bunch of games slapped on, I've made a harness for a Brook Universal PCB but I did the absolute bare minimum.

Since the chassis is 31khz only (Nanao 2934) it seemed like the best candidate out of all my cabs. Honestly as someone who used to own some of the PCBs I kind of prefer it :)

Yeah I don't feel or have any buyers remorse with Futari going for 2.7k last night.. I was tempted but the starting bid was already my Max hahaha

I'll stick to downscaled 15khz 360 for now until I win the lotto 🤣

So happy I got my Cave PCBs when I did or from who I did. These prices sound absolutely bonkers… $2700 AUD for a Mushi kit… yeah, nah, tell him he’s dreamin’

I have the Cave 360 Boxset alongside the individual LE releases. It was exciting times when they came out as new releases, importing then and then reading the relevant shmups forum threads.

I have a dedicated 31khz cab exclusively for Shmup action on Dreamcast and 360. Can highly recommend that route for satisfaction in gameplay and also the wallet.

DoDonPachi Ressurection and Akai Katana we’re available locally btw — I still see them at CEX or other stores from time to time :)

Back