What's new

Ziggy Cheetos Dust

Professional
Reaction score
Sometimes ignorance is bliss. Roughly 10 years ago when I bought my first cab, it was a New Astro City scuffed to shit, monitor had burn and the convergence/geometry was screaming for a recap. It needed to warm up and my sticks/buttons were whatever, I never even bothered swapping them out. I genuinely didn't know any better or cared to find out. Sure I was a "regular" on various cliquey forums like shmups but I just wanted to play some games man.

Didn't stop me from getting some good Progear 2nd loop practice in! (I hit a brick wall at 2-3 before the long dick of life came swinging at me).

Honestly I miss that cab so much it's unreal. Anyway working on cabs is cool and all but remember why we got into this financial black hole of a hobby in the first place.

Also I never posted a picture of my setup. So here it is, now people know what I have I guess :) I suppose it's the culmination of 10 years on/off dabbling with all this fun nonsense.

(Hey if a Windy 1 comes up for sale please let me know, thirsty is an understatement. These Windy 2's have converted me to team Konami, sorry wallet!)
Are you running a Cave Collection on Xbox 360 in that far Windy II @phokkun? How is it if so?

phokkun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's correct! It's a modded 360 with a bunch of games slapped on, I've made a harness for a Brook Universal PCB but I did the absolute bare minimum.

Since the chassis is 31khz only (Nanao 2934) it seemed like the best candidate out of all my cabs. Honestly as someone who used to own some of the PCBs I kind of prefer it :)

mR_CaESaR

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I don't feel or have any buyers remorse with Futari going for 2.7k last night.. I was tempted but the starting bid was already my Max hahaha

I'll stick to downscaled 15khz 360 for now until I win the lotto 🤣

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
So happy I got my Cave PCBs when I did or from who I did. These prices sound absolutely bonkers… $2700 AUD for a Mushi kit… yeah, nah, tell him he’s dreamin’

I have the Cave 360 Boxset alongside the individual LE releases. It was exciting times when they came out as new releases, importing then and then reading the relevant shmups forum threads.

I have a dedicated 31khz cab exclusively for Shmup action on Dreamcast and 360. Can highly recommend that route for satisfaction in gameplay and also the wallet.

DoDonPachi Ressurection and Akai Katana we’re available locally btw — I still see them at CEX or other stores from time to time :)

Eugy

Beginner
Reaction score
Trying my luck and wondering if anyone here has some 100 yen coins they'd be happy to part with? I've got 2 x 500 yen coins and 18 x 50 yen coins. I'd love to swap for 19 x 100 yen coins or even just a good bunch of 100s... Anyone got spares they'd be happy to trade?

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Any Aussies want to buy or trade for an OLED Switch?

I bought this on launch when Metroid Dread dropped. Used it un-docked once for half an hour. It's lived its life in the dock and had only 35 hours of play on it.

Neon Blue & Red Joycons (used once when undocked).
Screen Protector installed from Day One.
Dock will be the Black one and used in perfect condition.
All other accessories unused.
Like new really.

Drop me a DM to wheel and deal.

mR_CaESaR

Champion
Reaction score
Anybody here keen on a Naomi 2 and 256mb Netdimm setup (both with multi bios and zero pic) ? I've got two setups and they've been Jomac serviced.

If you're keen, HMU. I would include a pi setup, but I've only got my one currently which I need and the prices of pi's have skyrocketed.

CaLvAdQl.jpg

xb74

Professional
Reaction score
Announcing we have included into our product lineup the Omni Arcade button wrench made by Layershift. Sanwa, Seimitsu, Crown and Qanba button versions are available.
Expansion of the Buttercade product category has occurred which now includes titanium short shafts, V.S. replacement doors and Fast .110 terminal removal tools.
A small restock of Seimitsu holographic buttons and LS-40-01 dry surf joysticks has also arrived.
We wish you all the best in your gaming sessions!
www.CQBArcade.com

20220913_111946.jpg

20220913_133755.jpg

20220913_113639.jpg

Attachments

• 20220913_113639.jpg
    20220913_113639.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 9

xb74

Professional
Reaction score
Last call for anybody and everybody interested in a group buy from Jamma Nation X (JNX).

http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/store.html

Use the menu on the left of screen to browse his wares, there is quite a lot of products of interest to most arcade enthusiasts.

Send me a DM if interested in joining the group buy :thumbsup:

orio1

Student
Reaction score
Just found an old photo , excuse the strong zero score , its so far from anything that I'd call acceptable .....

I was there for the world parkinsons conference , smashing A-Cho regualy for 2 weeks that the family mart a skip and a jump away got to know me real well :)
It was good to know that KAN still was the top dog :)....

Legit board in that blast city !!!

Attachments

• orio_KAN_kyoto.jpg
    orio_KAN_kyoto.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 21

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Parts being repro'd etc?
nothing is being repro'd AFAIK, but even if they were, EVERY damn region got a different version of this cabinet. squint and they look the same but all of the plastic molds and physical dimensions are unique

I can tell you that USA, EUR, Asia, and JP cabs are COMPLETELY different with really just the joysticks being shared and the rest of the physical cabinets being different. Maybe Australia got JP cabs? maybe they got unique cabs too... I have no idea.

I do have some crappy USA side-art scans and I did have some guy on KLOV repo the Virtual On Logos on the USA seat backs from scans I made like 8 years ago, (can't remember who).

Joysticks aren't hard to source, Game boards aren't hard to source either, but they're quite expensive.
no idea what else is missing on these cabs as the listing doesn't show enough of it.

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
The cabs are missing the control panel and game boards. Aside from that they’re complete as you can see.