What's new

traplicious

Beginner
Reaction score
I am having some problems with my MvC project that i have been working on.

It came with a dead battery so I removed it and burned the Avalaunch rom set, but when I hook the board to my cabinet, it’s missing some audio.

Everything seems to be working until you get into a fight. The stage music is missing on most stages and some of the sound effects are missing as well.

Graphics are perfect and a lot of the audio works in the sound test.

Any idea what I am missing? Thx

Nope, no idea about the audio...

I was just going to say burning the decrypted or Phoenix ROMs is no longer done.
Today we either install a InfiniKey (with original ROMs) or we replace the dead battery with a new battery and use Arcade_Hackers key restore method (also with original ROMs).

You DO NOT want decrypted ROMs, even team Avalaunch's (as skilled as they are) as potentially imperfect decryptions exist (have all along and likely still do).
*I'm not saying improper decryption is the cause of the above audio problems*

Last edited by a moderator:
Check your chips with the suicide tester, check your 01 and 02 chips visually, reseat those, and review your traces.

Ok update to this.

I bought an infinikey and installed it. I reburned all the chips and so that the game is working but the same issue with the sound is still happening

Are there an amp or any caps that could go that could be doing this?

Board looks clean to me. I have reseated the chips and brushed the legs.

the sound section is documented extremely well here https://gitlab.com/loic.petit/cps2-reverse and you could just have a bad logic gate somewhere that’s mixing channels, or a bad op amp on a channel, etc. If you have an audio probe you can poke around and see where a channel is dying and replace that chip. If you don’t have an audio probe then I’d say try another A board.

Recently I had audio on one side but not the other, and these schematics helped me track it down to a bad TC9176P

How odd, I have the same exact problem with a Marvel Super Heroes board. Some stage music is completely missing, while it's perfectly fine in other stages. The board was doing this with the original battery too. I switched the eprom with Avalaunch roms and it's the same exact problem too.

I tried it with 3 different A-Boards, with the same results.

Back