What's new
Yes, I understand the difference between an MVS wired cab and a JAMMA wired cab.

What I’m asking is, when I’m using my MVS multi slot motherboard, in my MVS wired cabinet, can I simply use the JAMMA extractor as a direct pass through, or does the JAMMA extractor itself require the use of a JAMMA -> MVS adapter?

Just specifically in relation to the JAMMA extractor. Not using a JAMMA PCB in an MVS cab, which does of course require the use of an adapter.

i dont cuz i heard it could mess up your speakers because the the way its wired in MVS. i never tried it without adapters

What I’m asking is, when I’m using my MVS multi slot motherboard, in my MVS wired cabinet, can I simply use the JAMMA extractor as a direct pass through, or does the JAMMA extractor itself require the use of a JAMMA -> MVS adapter?

Well, no, you can't just add an adapter because you still have the multislot at the end of the chain.

There's a mono / stereo switch on the extractor. Maybe it's already designed with MVS in mind? You would have to ask @Axun / @drfunk2k.

There's a mono / stereo switch on the extractor. Maybe it's already designed with MVS in mind? You would have to ask @Axun / @drfunk2k.
This is exactly what I was thinking, but I couldn't find anything to confirm or deny it.

Otherwise, as above, it'd be using two differing adapters either side of the JAMMA extractor which feels cumbersome. I do have a single slot board too, so it's not the end of the world to simply use that in a JAMMA cab, but in a perfect world I'd really like to use the extractor in my U4.

You would be losing a channel if you used two adapters back to back.

You would be losing a channel if you used two adapters back to back.
ya u lose the change button. it switches to joystick down so its not a total loss
thats how mine is setup anyway.
or r u talking about an audio channel?

if i can do away with all my adapters that would be dope but i dont wann blow a speaker in the process

I meant audio channel. You're going from stereo to mono.

Game change is on pin 26, which is button 5 normally. I'm not sure why that wouldn't be passed through normally.

@imbord3rlin3 What is your question exactly?
China is VERY familiar with MVS.
I use my MVS and JAMMA Extractor to capture with an OSSC works fine. extractor splits to OSSC > Capture and Extractor to PVM

Do I need mvs to jamma and jamma to mvs adapter to use the extractor in a multi slot mvs cab?

FROM AXUN:
As long as it is a standard JAMMA, the extractor can be used. MVS 4F is a standard JAMMA, but 4F is a stereo output. Try to use the 4PIN stereo output on the motherboard to an active audio or capture card. That sounds better.

i hope i got this right.

So there you go, the Extractor isn't MVS pinout compatible.

I received and tested a Jamma extractor v2.5 and I gotta say I'm very happy with it!
Versus between 2 cabs worked without a problem.
I have not tested image capture yet.

Last edited:
I have recently received JAMMA Extractor v2.5.
After setup, I am experiencing the following symptoms

CA1: CRT15KHz (LAVA CA) with JAMMA-OUT
CA2: CRT15KHz (self-made CA) with VGA-RGBS15K
TESTPCB: Konami FLACATTACK, CAPCOM 1942

Situation:
I.RGB ADJ1 is set to maximum, and When ADJ2 is set to maximum on the CA side
CA image becomes about half of the normal brightness.
(It cannot be made brighter than this.)
II.When RGB ADJ2 is set to the maximum on SCART side, the image of VGA-RGBS15K
is displayed.but it is also darker than usual.

Question:
1.Is there a Schematics of JAMMA Extractor?
2.Are part numbers (resistors, capacitors) the same for JE V2.0 and V2.5?

Considerations:
I would like to be able to adjust input gain with a Potentiometer
or jumper pins.

I have recently received JAMMA Extractor v2.5.
After setup, I am experiencing the following symptoms

CA1: CRT15KHz (LAVA CA) with JAMMA-OUT
CA2: CRT15KHz (self-made CA) with VGA-RGBS15K
TESTPCB: Konami FLACATTACK, CAPCOM 1942

Situation:
I.RGB ADJ1 is set to maximum, and When ADJ2 is set to maximum on the CA side
CA image becomes about half of the normal brightness.
(It cannot be made brighter than this.)
II.When RGB ADJ2 is set to the maximum on SCART side, the image of VGA-RGBS15K
is displayed.but it is also darker than usual.

Question:
1.Is there a Schematics of JAMMA Extractor?
2.Are part numbers (resistors, capacitors) the same for JE V2.0 and V2.5?

Considerations:
I would like to be able to adjust input gain with a Potentiometer
or jumper pins.
after that···
Input stage chip resistors R7, R8, R9 (V2.5)
I changed various things and confirmed.

100Ω ... dark
220Ω ... a little better
300Ω ... default
470Ω ... just the right balance
680Ω ... Slightly overexposed

For the time being, I would like to operate with 470Ω.

Attachments

• 写真 2022-05-10 0 05 47.jpg
    写真 2022-05-10 0 05 47.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 写真 2022-05-10 0 03 50.jpg
    写真 2022-05-10 0 03 50.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 写真 2022-05-10 0 04 55.jpg
    写真 2022-05-10 0 04 55.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 82
Mine arrived yesterday! It seems to be a new revision; 2.6. It seems to have a new pot just above r7 on the board. I'm thinking it might be volume control?

My buddy got a 2.5 and we had Lemony make an awesome split kick harness cable that allows us to use both the control panel built into the cab and some undamned db15 > usb at the same time. The cables that you can add to the kit only allow you to use one or the other. Lemony's solution is far better than the daughter board that comes with the kit to allow P1 to have kicks when you are using the p2 extention board.

The 3s guys at CEO this weekend super appreciated having the option to play on the cab or with their own device plugged into the usb ports

IddaMCF.jpg
_nc_ohc=qFmi_AdrMf4AX-G8atO&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

That's pretty neat.

Ilike that there are RGB Adjust for both cabinets now.

Does anyone know what the changes were for the 2.6 revision? I see a new vertical pot near the RGB ADJ 1. Is this volume control perhaps?

Out of curiosity, how long does it take for stuff to ship on Axun's website if the item is already in stock? I know many of the superguns take pretty long due to the build process and parts availability, but I wasn't sure if stuff like the Jamma Extractor and other smaller items were also subject to a 'made to order' timeline.

Out of curiosity, how long does it take for stuff to ship on Axun's website if the item is already in stock? I know many of the superguns take pretty long due to the build process and parts availability, but I wasn't sure if stuff like the Jamma Extractor and other smaller items were also subject to a 'made to order' timeline.
its all made to order. be prepared to wait a long time.

Back