What's new
I'm curious, would the timer still be active if you guys were to place the order from a different account / credit card / etc?

I wouldn't want to risk having the 10 units sell out. I imagine a lot more people are going to try to submit orders once it's officially April 1.

I really hope Axun sees these posts to resolve.

Should I get the CBOX or just the cheaper Supergun Mini?

That's a good question @seifus, I'd be willing to make a new account and try it again on there. Don't really want to throw another card into this mess just yet though. I would be really bummed if I missed out on this, especially since I don't think it's an issue on my end. I'd be willing to wait for a restock, but it would be nice to get it sooner rather than later.

@gts072 To me, the CBOXs most defining feature is the ability to connect up JVS boards like the Naomi without the need of an external I/O board. If you don't own or have interest in owning JVS hardware, the Supergun Mini is probably the better option.

Last edited:
I have to say, I’m pretty disappointed.

They’re showing in stock now, so go for it, and good luck.

I’ve been trying to buy a big list of stuff from Axun this morning, including the newly stocked c-box, and I keep getting payment errors. I’ve tried different cards, and I’ve been very careful that the details are entered correctly. Error message each time,

I’ve genuinely checked the site daily for stock for months now, as I truly believe this is the best supergun out there.

At this point, I have to accept I’ll miss out again this time round, and when they come up again in a few months time, it’ll be down to whether the payment system works or not again.

I know it’s all very ‘first world problem’, and it won’t kill me to wait or to just go without, but it’s a great product I’ve been looking forward to, and making a purchase like this is a great way to support people like Axun who make cool shit for the community.

Genuinely disappointed.

TLDR: They’re in stock. Good luck

Your payment errors are your bank. I had those issues. You'll need to contact them and grant permission for this purchase. Let them know who is charging and the amount.

Your payment errors are your bank. I had those issues. You'll need to contact them and grant permission for this purchase. Let them know who is charging and the amount.
Two different cards, with two different banks. One a debit card, one a credit card. Plenty of money available on each, and both have successfully made large and small purchases all over the globe plenty of times.

Edit: I will make an attempt to call my bank tomorrow, but I’m not overly optimistic…

Last edited:
Bank of America sent me an e-mail earlier flagging the order as suspicious activity. Went ahead and confirmed the transaction as legitimate, but now I'm receiving an error saying "24 hour more repeat fail order". The good news is that I received an order number. Hopefully that will be enough to 'reserve' my order. I'll try again tomorrow morning and see if the error still persists.

Two different cards, with two different banks. One a debit card, one a credit card. Plenty of money available on each, and both have successfully made large and small purchases all over the globe plenty of times.

Edit: I will make an attempt to call my bank tomorrow, but I’m not overly optimistic…

I totally had your same issue numerous occasions. i think it has to do with the transaction requesting an approval in China. After the first couple times i would finally recieve a notification instead of me asking my bank everytime.

@NewportGamingTM I'm still getting the same 24-hour error. I too received an order number and an e-mail from AxunWorks asking me to complete the payment, which I obviously cannot do yet, but hopefully this "reserves" my order slot, as you said. No e-mails from the bank or anyone else flagging it as suspicious activity though. I'm holding out for the errors to clear up, as I already sold some of my other Supergun stuff to make up for the cost of buying the AxunWorks CBOX...

@chaoschao Just tried to complete payment again and still got hit with the same error. Going to try again after I get off of work.

@NewportGamingTM Sorry to hear your payment didn't go through. I'm going to try again later this evening, by that point the 24-hour timer should definitely be up. If it still doesn't work by then, I'm not sure what to do. I sent AxunWorks a message concerning this and I'm hoping to hear back soon. I hope it works out for you later.

Ok, so I called the bank and informed them I was trying to make the purchase. They had no record of declined transactions whatsoever. Odd.

They asked me to try again while I was on the line, and as I did so their fraud protection bounced the payment. That’s fine, they put me through to the fraud department who took some time to confirm who I was and then told me to try again.

All good, I appear to have a successful order.

However, this last part is important. The price the site quoted me was £696.54.
The confirmation e-mail stated “due to floating exchange rate, tiny disparity of order value may exist”. The bank tells me that was I was actually charged was £744.49.
A “tiny disparity” of nearly fifty quid.

Not a complaint on my part, the bank told me what I was being charged before I retried the payment. I knew what I was paying, and these are products I believe to be top notch so I chose to pay, however, understandably some people would expect to know just how much of a “tiny disparity” they’re being charged.

Again, I went into it eyes open, so this isn’t a complaint but more of a PSA.
Hopefully next time I post in this thread will be to say that everything arrived safe and well, and to give a glowing review.

Payment system definitely needs review though!!

@NewportGamingTM I'm super happy to hear your purchase went through! Same to you @ChrisBEANS, though I'm sorry to hear about that "tiny disparity" (lol). I just tried again, and got errors on my first card. Tried a second card that also got declined, but soon after I received a message telling me to try again if the first purchase was denied. When I tried again, my payment did indeed finally go through! Thanks for your help everyone. Cheers!

Ok, so I called the bank and informed them I was trying to make the purchase. They had no record of declined transactions whatsoever. Odd.

They asked me to try again while I was on the line, and as I did so their fraud protection bounced the payment. That’s fine, they put me through to the fraud department who took some time to confirm who I was and then told me to try again.

All good, I appear to have a successful order.

However, this last part is important. The price the site quoted me was £696.54.
The confirmation e-mail stated “due to floating exchange rate, tiny disparity of order value may exist”. The bank tells me that was I was actually charged was £744.49.
A “tiny disparity” of nearly fifty quid.

Not a complaint on my part, the bank told me what I was being charged before I retried the payment. I knew what I was paying, and these are products I believe to be top notch so I chose to pay, however, understandably some people would expect to know just how much of a “tiny disparity” they’re being charged.

Again, I went into it eyes open, so this isn’t a complaint but more of a PSA.
Hopefully next time I post in this thread will be to say that everything arrived safe and well, and to give a glowing review.

Payment system definitely needs review though!!

Strange!

My order mentioned a $50 "credit card fee", but it was titled as such. I was a little taken aback at a credit card fee of $50 to be honest, but once again, the efforts of Axun on such bespoke products has my full support.

I'm surprised to hear your credit card experience was so different than mine, as there was even a checkbox option that lists the $50 fee with no alternative boxes. Either way, glad your order went through!

This is in addition, sadly…

Product price £588.27
Shipping cost £78.91
Payment fee £29.36
Total £696.54

However, actually debited was £744.49 🤷🏻‍♂️

This is in addition, sadly…

Product price £588.27
Shipping cost £78.91
Payment fee £29.36
Total £696.54

However, actually debited was £744.49 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thanks for bringing to my attention, didn't realize the same had occured:

Product Price : US$ 976.00
Shipping Cost : US$ 282.00
Payment Fee : US$ 55.35
Total Price : US$ 1313.35

Actual payment total on my card was USD$ 1363.26. Almost 50$.

It's okay, we'll chalk it up to shrinkflation :D

So, all I bought for now was the Supergun and the JAMMA extender. I plan to buy the other, smaller accessories later on. But I'm confused, what exactly does the Naomi 15khz adapter do? Does it just allow the Naomi's video to be passed through to the CBOXs video output? I was going to buy it, but I want to make sure I need it first. Could you run 15khz video from a Naomi into something like a VGA>Component transcoder, or GBS-8200 instead?

The fingerboard has the same/similar circuit as the Capcom I/O and allows you to use your Naomi over JAMMA at 15khz after flipping the DIP.

I have one and it works great.

Also just wanted to chime in here about a couple of things.

I believe @axunworks doesn't accept PayPal anymore as his account was locked and all his funds held for 6 months? This is unfortunately common in some countries to prevent fraud, and I feel bad for him in that regard as he’s running a legit business. After that tormenting experience I really don’t blame him for just not offering PayPal anymore. Imagine 6 months worth of goods you’ve shipped and customers have pre-ordered, just sitting waiting for PayPal to allow you access…

Secondly, there’s always been an added fee to process funds on his store from day one. I was thrown off by this too, but it is what it is. I do believe it’s totally out of his hands and up to the payment processing services to set that fee. This is probably also the reason why a lot of sellers in China don’t use this service and go to places like AliExpress or TaoBao which have an existing payment infrastructure available to the customer/merchant.

A good way to look at it is that the fees are being passed onto you. Similar to paying the 4% for purchases on forums. Not saying it’s the most ideal situation, or going to get into the “he’s a merchant, he should pay it”, but given his location, goods offered and the struggles he faces keeping his products open to the Western World, I was more than happy in the end to just cough it up. Just remember he doesn’t set the rate, you’re basically paying a proxy for the ability to use your card to buy goods in China.

Hope that makes it clearer from what I’ve understood from my chats with @drfunk2k over time. And I’m sure he or @Axun can clear up anything I got wrong.

Power to the Axun!

Help Requested:

The turbo on button one stopped working. It’s been a long time since I’ve used it, but I wanted to use today while playing 1941. Buttons 2 and 3 work fine.

Edit: the LED will come on when entering CUSTOM mode (all three turbo LEDs blink) so the LED itself is fine, but flipping turbo switch 1 does nothing.

Attachments

• DDE4D8EF-32E4-431A-AD89-6280B25C9E07.jpeg
    DDE4D8EF-32E4-431A-AD89-6280B25C9E07.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Back