What's new
Is it possible to get the binary files and what eeprom type it needs written to? I should be able to handle my unit on my own.

Is it possible to get the binary files and what eeprom type it needs written to? I should be able to handle my unit on my own.
No its not, the eprom also contains some sensitive cbox data

Apologies - have only skimmed parts of this thread :whistling: So, some of these things may have already been covered. But am interested in a black JJCBOX and some cables and accessories, etc.

Probably an extreme long shot...but since these are custom made, would it be in any way possible to get one (and the Jamma extension) with Hirose CR7E-56DA-3.96E edge connectors? Obviously, at extra cost ;)

Also, does the latest version do custom mapping right out the gates (without swapping the EPROM)?

And finally, are the Sigma inputs for 9000TB sticks?

Apologies - have only skimmed parts of this thread :whistling: So, some of these things may have already been covered. But am interested in a black JJCBOX and some cables and accessories, etc.

Probably an extreme long shot...but since these are custom made, would it be in any way possible to get one (and the Jamma extension) with Hirose CR7E-56DA-3.96E edge connectors? Obviously, at extra cost ;)

Also, does the latest version do custom mapping right out the gates (without swapping the EPROM)?

I, myself, don't recommend Hirose parts. They are fragile and don't last long.
Maybe Axun would do that, but he doesn't use these, there may be a reason.

Besides that, latest version do custom mapping out of the box, no need to swap chips.

And yes, all Sigma sticks.

please order from
http://axunworks.com/

custom mapping is in the new version!
Hirose CR7E-56DA-3.96E we can't help with this sorry.
And finally, are the Sigma inputs for 9000TB sticks? YES YES YES

I, myself, don't recommend Hirose parts. They are fragile and don't last long.Maybe Axun would do that, but he doesn't use these, there may be a reason.
Thanks for the advice :) I have actually heard other people say similar things. That said, I've never had any problems myself - and I've had them on my HAS superguns, Jamma extensions, as well as Sigmas and cabs (back when I had them). All the problems I've had have been with cheaper edge connectors.

I have a good friend (who has helped me out with loads of repairs) who also swears by them. But I guess it's not a universally shared opinion.

please order fromhttp://axunworks.com/

custom mapping is in the new version!
Hirose CR7E-56DA-3.96E we can't help with this sorry.
And finally, are the Sigma inputs for 9000TB sticks? YES YES YES
That's great re the custom mapping and the 9000TB sticks :) I know some people have been saying they'd rather see the Sigma inputs removed...but personally, I think that would be heresy! I know they're not the cheapest, but the 9000TB is possibly the nicest stick I've ever used.

I'm probably going to have to wait until early next month to place an order...but as a halfway house on the Jamma edge, would it be possible for Axun to just not solder a Jamma edge connector on to the Jamma Extension? That way I can get a Hirose connector soldered on once I receive it :) Would obviously still pay the standard price on the extension, though.

Sorry to be a massive pain! If the above is an option, I may even grab a second JJCBOX early year.

That's true - I stupidly hadn't actually thought of that! Might be the best way to go...thanks :)

If using axun cbox, does the TEST mode recognise the JVS IO? It could be my Naomi fault as well.

Last edited:
EU REP: Braintrash
----------------------------------------
EU LIST:
AMS
buffi

US REP: mathewbeall
US LIST:
mathewbeall
Cereth
dannahan
DarthMig
300wins
@statix138
beast1x5
sammargh

AUS/ZEALAND/Southeast Asia REP: djsheep
---------------------------------------------------------
AUS LIST:
[empty for now]

For EU customers:

1. As soon I am informed that the new chips have been shipped to me, I will create an EU thread for this matter, so that EU people can have public news about how everything is going and ask public questions relating to the EU support of the new chips.

2. As soon as I have the new chips in hand, I will also pm everyone people on the EU list to prepare for the dispatch of the new chips.

3. If needed, I will provide chips swapping as a service. Cost will just be the shipping fees that I will keep as minimal as possible, no money will be taken for my time.

Order placed on the website (#SQ202010139093224269) and sending a PM now as FYI.

If using axun cbox, does the TEST mode recognise the JVS IO? It could be my Naomi fault as well.
Yes, the TEST function on CBOX can also work on JVS.

suverman you need to send and replace that unit ;)

Gonna make an order soon, will the new units come as v2.1 or do I need to change the EPROM?

I could use the new eeproms to. US.

Thanks!

EU REP: Braintrash
EU LIST:
AMS
buffi

US REP: mathewbeall
US LIST:
mathewbeall
Cereth
dannahan
DarthMig
300wins
@statix138
beast1x5
sammargh
misu

AUS/ZEALAND/Southeast Asia REP: djsheep
AUS LIST:
[empty for now]

For EU customers:

1. As soon I am informed that the new chips have been shipped to me, I will create an EU thread for this matter, so that EU people can have public news about how everything is going and ask public questions relating to the EU support of the new chips.

2. As soon as I have the new chips in hand, I will also pm everyone people on the EU list to prepare for the dispatch of the new chips.

3. If needed, I will provide chips swapping as a service. Cost will just be the shipping fees that I will keep as minimal as possible, no money will be taken for my time.

Last edited:
guys we will get this done!
thanks braintrash!
sorry i am very busy with work and school!

Back