What's new
work on v3 was suppose to continue and have something by this winter. but thats not happening. Right now Axunworks is trying to finish orders, get back in supply, and continue development on v3.

There is no v3 coming this year or 1st quarter next year.

BUT, we will take ideas into consideration when pre-development continues.
USB controller is already in the works

tossed around ideas were:
track ball compatibility and steering wheels

@djsheep bro you would know first mate. hehe

we have a few inside recommendations from @djsheep being accounted for too. this should result in higher picky pcb compatibility.
Hard to continue development when parts arent coming in....
Track Balls and Steering wheels? I have been waiting for a Super Gun with these options forever, really good news. Do you know if this will be for Model 2, Model 3 racers or also older ones like Out Run, etc? Almost none of them are jamma.
Thanks,
\o/.k.

@kebrank lots of testing to be done and lots of PCBs to be tested right now just some games on naomi and golden tee i got from @Hammy

I have a question about the Supergun. The 12v displays 11.9 without load, then 12.4-12.6 with a PCB. I’m a bit confused about this. Shouldn’t it be less under load? Also, I have tested around 200 PCBs with it and Chequered Flag doesn’t not have sound on my Axun Supergun and Sigma Raijin, same thing for 6 of 10 bootleg PCBs. All the ones that had no sound on the Supergun were also tested on a Sega Astro City and sound worked with no issues. Any ideas?
thanks,
\o/.k.

I have a question about the Supergun. The 12v displays 11.9 without load, then 12.4-12.6 with a PCB. I’m a bit confused about this. Shouldn’t it be less under load? Also, I have tested around 200 PCBs with it and Chequered Flag doesn’t not have sound on my Axun Supergun and Sigma Raijin, same thing for 6 of 10 bootleg PCBs. All the ones that had no sound on the Supergun were also tested on a Sega Astro City and sound worked with no issues. Any ideas?
thanks,
\o/.k.

Most likely those games need -5 for the sound and it’s not connected or not strong enough

Most likely those games need -5 for the sound and it’s not connected or not strong enough
it is connected but I agree that it‘s probably not strong enough. I’m still wondering why the 12v displays goes higher under load.
thanks,
\o/.k.

it is connected but I agree that it‘s probably not strong enough. I’m still wondering why the 12v displays goes higher under load.
thanks,
\o/.k.

Agreed - its a valid question - I have noticed the same. Let's see what @drfunk2k comes back with.

Matt

@kebrank can you please measure the -5v on all boards that uses it? As well as the 12v on those boards.

Does anyone out there have a Mortal Kombat 1 and JJ-CBOX? Can you please test it and report all 3 voltages? 5v/12v/-5v

The 12v displays 11.9 without load, then 12.4-12.6 with a PCB. I’m a bit confused about this. Shouldn’t it be less under load?

It's normal. Voltage is going to show more when there's less load, except when you have no load and then it can show anything,

It's normal. Voltage is going to show more when there's less load, except when you have no load and then it can show anything,
That is how it works for the +5V, however for the +12V it’s the opposite that makes no sense to me. Also, it’s not true that with no load it will show anything.
\o/.k.

Last edited:
@kebrank can you please measure the -5v on all boards that uses it? As well as the 12v on those boards.

Does anyone out there have a Mortal Kombat 1 and JJ-CBOX? Can you please test it and report all 3 voltages? 5v/12v/-5v
Give me some time, they were all wrapped, packaged and stored away, but when I find another one I will check the -5V and 12V.
Thanks,
\o/.k.

Last edited:
Also, it’s not true that with no load it will show anything.

Anything as in any value. It's normal.

As for missing sound on your games, Chequered Flag doesn't use -5V, so that's not it. CF has a separate connector for sound. I'm not sure it even outputs sound from the jamma edge?

For the bootlegs, well, they're bootlegs. It's possible the positive and negative pins are reversed. That setup would still work on anything where the audio pins are connected straight to the speakers like on an Astro but likely not on a supergun that needs to attenuate the signal.

All the Chequered Flag PCBs that I had, worked with JAMMA sound. I will need to check one as they have a small daughterboard PCB on top and could have something wired but I don't remember any hacks. If you are right about the positive and negative pins being reversed then an On/Off Switch for the sound attenuation circuit would be a good idea.
Thanks,
\o/.k.

Ok , guys
Sorry I have been so busy with my masters program but we want to get things fixed.

First, I want to say that the Axun JVS/JAMMA CBOX is great and the only box that does what it does.
The cbox uses a Meanwell 85a PSU which is enough.
(we are a working on rebuilding the casing for the CBOX to fit the meanwell 125A which @djsheep and @mathewbeall recognized as a community favorite.)

This does not mean its perfect
But there is an issue somewhere maybe on 12v or -5v.
I am not an expert just a middle man of a few trusted men.

@mathewbeall and @djsheep both trusted and respected have found a some issues with JAMMA PCB boards:
These boards have issues on the JVS/JAMMA CBOX:
Mortal Kombat 1 (worked fine but seemed far out of spec) @mathewbeall
Mortal Kombat 1 (had the same issue as before with extremely dim screen (almost black) and -6.6v on the -5v line) @djsheep
Killer Instinct 1 (Unknown?)
USAAF Mustang (reading of 12.7v on the 12v line)
Thunder Zone (13.2v on 12v)

We are willing to send a test unit out to Supergun producers for help if need be: @RGB @Frank_fjs @low_budget (can anyone recommend other knowledgeable SG men?)
If you are welling to help us to make a better product for the community we will send a cbox to you)

There are more boards that work than have issues on the JVS/JAMMA CBOX. every JVS we throw at it works and can be powered by the cbox making a clean setup. MVS, CPS1, CPS2, CPS3, Taito F3, Sega STV, Golden Tee, UMK3 Ultimate, CAVE (over 10 boards), PGMall of these work. But we do want to resolve this know issue.

@djsheep has 2 systems, one in which he paid for. Which we are trying to make right. Also, he is an offical tester for us and new products will go to him for offical testing as he is through and proved on the Forgotten Worlds Spinner. If he has the knowledge please rip one apart to dive into what could be causing this.
Right now @djsheep has been the only one to help and report on this and his knowledge is important to us. so is yours @mathewbeall

Axun is great as we know but we are limited by the boards we can test on in China, and the community is the key to making a greater product.

Five new cboxes were put on sale yesterday. They are sold out. 2 more were just added now.

Thanks for reporting back @drfunk2k -- the JJ-CBOX is an awesome device, and no doubt with time it will grow over its future revisions. I appreciate you and @Axun working with me to get to the bottom of things. Truth be told, EVERY supergun I've personally ever owned has had it's own set of "quirks", "weaknesses" and "strengths" which is why I've been hopping between a couple of different ones at the moment for different purposes.

It's almost going to be impossible to support *EVERY* JAMMA game out there (let alone test them), so that is definitely understandable. Hats off once again to you for full transparency. If anyone has any bugs or issues they want to report with the CBOX, or feature suggestions for the future, it'd be good to speak up now we know you're listening :)

PCBS with known issues added to first post:

PCBS WITH KNOW ISSUES ON THE CBOX:
Mortal Kombat 1 (worked fine but seemed far out of spec) @mathewbeall
Mortal Kombat 1 (had the same issue as before with extremely dim screen (almost black) and -6.6v on the -5v line) @djsheep
Killer Instinct 1 (Unknown?) @mathewbeall
USAAF Mustang (reading of 12.7v on the 12v line) @djsheep
Thunder Zone (13.2v on 12v) @djsheep

@djsheep @atrac17
http://axunworks.com/
is the site to buy, but the units we posted already sold out?
Do you have Supergun knowledge to try to help fix the issue that is occuring on a few boards?
If so, we could send a unit for you to test on and of course keep.

@djsheep @atrac17
http://axunworks.com/
is the site to buy, but the units we posted already sold out?
Do you have Supergun knowledge to try to help fix the issue that is occuring on a few boards?
If so, we could send a unit for you to test on and of course keep.

Yes, I already went to the site and didn't see anything signifying units being available without being pre-order to build. I sent a DM.

was able to order mine on monday...looking forward to a cleaner naomi setup 😄

edit: looks like black is still available

Back