What's new
Well...it's not really so great at all.
:(
I've heard nothing but good things about his work. U just have to wait. A very long ass time. Probly longer than most would be okay with in the absence of a disclaimer. Not trying to shit on the guy, but I think I'll have s physical copy of ura zelda before I get my stuff I ordered

I've heard nothing but good things about his work. U just have to wait. A very long ass time. Probly longer than most would be okay with in the absence of a disclaimer. Not trying to shit on the guy, but I think I'll have s physical copy of ura zelda before I get my stuff I ordered
I love his work, this is why i bought another unit in the last run of 1 of april.
But my old cbox it's out of order from 6 months at least....

I have purchased a Centipede Board and an JAMMA to Atari adapter what else might be needed to make this work with the Axun Super Gun? Also what trackball controllers will work best?
I already own this supergun and it's been awsum!

Hi guys,

I received mine a short time ago.

I had some concerns. There was a noise when I handled the supergun, as if a part was broken inside. I opened it and found a small broken plastic wedge.

supergun-Axunworks-casse.jpg

Ok, it's probably Fedex...

No manual, we quickly understand but a manual would have been nice to clarify the operation of some settings. (although I read the info in this thread)

And then I had a problem with the kick harness and I realized that the connector on my "JAMMA extension - Japan HRS" was soldered upside down:

supergun-Axunworks-kick-bug-2.jpg

In short, nothing serious but a little disappointed for a luxury product.

The rest looks good although I think some things can still be improved.

Thanks,

EDIT 1: More serious, after only a few days of use, the power button remains stuck on ON... Impossible to turn off the supergun without disconnecting the power supply.

EDIT 2: The +5 voltmeter is starting to have problems....

supergun-Axunworks-voltmeter-bug-1.jpg

Last edited:
Has his response time been better, lately? I have had my CBOX for a couple of years and saw he had this Naomi DIMM added. Very interesting but unsure how to know if he's going to offer more since they're out of stock.

Has his response time been better, lately? I have had my CBOX for a couple of years and saw he had this Naomi DIMM added. Very interesting but unsure how to know if he's going to offer more since they're out of stock.
I'm still waiting on my Naomi DIMM order from March. I asked for status in August, and got told it would ship in September. I haven't gotten a response to my message from September.

I sent him an email, he helped me fix a controller issue with my CBOX super quick a while back - but it appears his response time has slowed significantly now, even when I want to throw money at Axun.

Hi guys,

I received mine a short time ago.

I had some concerns. There was a noise when I handled the supergun, as if a part was broken inside. I opened it and found a small broken plastic wedge.

supergun-Axunworks-casse.jpg

Ok, it's probably Fedex...

No manual, we quickly understand but a manual would have been nice to clarify the operation of some settings. (although I read the info in this thread)

And then I had a problem with the kick harness and I realized that the connector on my "JAMMA extension - Japan HRS" was soldered upside down:

supergun-Axunworks-kick-bug-2.jpg

In short, nothing serious but a little disappointed for a luxury product.

The rest looks good although I think some things can still be improved.

Thanks,

EDIT 1: More serious, after only a few days of use, the power button remains stuck on ON... Impossible to turn off the supergun without disconnecting the power supply.

EDIT 2: The +5 voltmeter is starting to have problems....

supergun-Axunworks-voltmeter-bug-1.jpg
Just checking back in on this thread, did you get these issues resolved? What was the problem?

It seems like Axunworks may have to chime in at some point as I was recommending them to people looking for SGs, but I guess scanning this thread lately, I shouldn't until some things get cleared up.

Just checking back in on this thread, did you get these issues resolved?

Hi XtraSmiley,

Axunworks sent me a power switch and a harness connector. Unfortunately I don't have the skills to replace myself. So not really a satisfactory solution, I'll see when I have time...

Last edited:
Hi XtraSmiley,

Axunworks sent me a power switch and a harness connector. Unfortunately I don't have the skills to replace myself. So not really a satisfactory solution, I'll see when I have time...
Well, thanks for replying. I think it's important that we keep an eye on all issues, ordering and quality, especially if I recommend things!

I randomly received my position JAMMA adjusters 8 months after I ordered them. I’m not sure what happened but eventual no harm no foul. I’m a happy camper.

Anyone tried this with an AtomisWave??

I’m having major control issues.

MS6 uses five buttons, but I can only get the machine to recognise 3.

Same result with both a USB stick using the Axun USB to DB15 adapter, and using a six button Sigma stick.

In the I/O test screen I get the following:-

(All three layout lights on)
Button 1 = Shot 1
Button 2 = Shot 2
Button 3 = Shot 3
Button 4 = doesn’t register
Button 5 = doesn’t register
Button 6 = doesn’t register

(Norm light on)
Button 1 = Shot 1
Button 2 = Shot 2
Button 3 = Shot 3
Button 4 = doesn’t register
Button 5 = doesn’t register
Button 6 = doesn’t register

(SNK light on)
Button 1 = Shot 3
Button 2 = doesn’t register
Button 3 = Shot 3
Button 4 = Shot 1
Button 5 = Shot 2
Button 6 = Shot 1 & Shot 2?!

(STG light on)
Button 1 = Shot 1
Button 2 = Shot 2
Button 3 = Shot 3
Button 4 = Shot 1
Button 5 = Shot 2
Button 6 = Shot 3

Holding the layout button for ‘custom’ does turn all six layout and ‘rotation’ lights on, and the three ‘continuous’ lights flash while I’m holding it.
When I let go, the ‘continuous’ lights stop flashing, and the other six lights remain on.
Then, no matter what order or combination of buttons I press, when I press the ‘layout’ button again to exit custom mode, nothing has changed.

On the back of the C Box, the switch for buttons 4 & 5, and the switch for button 6 are both set to JAMMA

Any ideas on getting the AW to recognise buttons 4 and 5?!?

Well…

I’ll leave this up as it’ll teach me a bit of humility, and it might actually be of some use to someone else too…

The switches on the back of the C-Box for 4&5, and 6 to be JAMMA or Ext…

Well there are the exact same switches on the PCB end of the JAMMA harness.

They were set correctly on the C Box, but not on the harness.

I’m a buffoon

Back