What's new
I received my order from Axunworks today, cant wait to try it out this weekend.

Axun.jpg

Anyone had issue with the screen position pots on the front of the C Box?

My ‘up down’ pot has always played up a bit. The image will occasionally skip down a couple of pixels without being touched.
You notice when it’s happening as the screen stutters up and down those couple of pixels for a few seconds, and when it stops the image is lower.
A while later, the same, and eventually you lose a CM of image or so at the bottom of the screen.

No massive issue, very quickly adjusted of course, but it is a little annoying…

Hi Folks - the switch on my CBOX isn't working anymore (won't switch to off) - so I am having to plug and unplug on the front side - not ideal.

@drfunk2k - I haven't taken the unit apart, but I am hoping its an easy replacement - can you find out what switch part number was used?

Hi.

Is it possible when placing an order for CBOX to have the Sigma Direct control set up internally to support the Sigma Hexa Stick/6000tb rather than the later generation Sigma sticks?

If not, was there any progress made on developing an adapter that converts/remaps the output of the Hexa to the later generation standard?

Thank you.

Hi.

Is it possible when placing an order for CBOX to have the Sigma Direct control set up internally to support the Sigma Hexa Stick/6000tb rather than the later generation Sigma sticks?

If not, was there any progress made on developing an adapter that converts/remaps the output of the Hexa to the later generation standard?

Thank you.
If you are able to do basic soldering you can build your own using a male and female din-13 connections I believe. As far as I know it’s just direct input so wire up the female side the same as the stick you want to use and then then the male side the same as what the CBOX accepts. I need to build something similar to use my DB15 sticks to work on a last gen Sigma supergun I have lying around.

Edit: PM me if you want more info. I don’t want to clog the thread.

Hi.

Thanks for the reply and idea.

So, assuming the information on the the sigma wiki (https://w.atwiki.jp/sigma-denshi/sp/pages/14.html) mentioned in a previous post is accurate and your hypothesis is valid, I (or someone that can actually solder) could make a converter that remaps input coming from a Hexa/6000tb:

13PIN for AV3000 / AV2001 & Σ6000TB / Σ9000SP / Σ2200TBII / Σ2200TB
01 GND コード色 茶
02 DOWN コード色 赤
03 SFC START コード色 橙
04 START コード色 黄
05 SHOT φ コード色 緑
06 LEFT コード色 青
07 SHOT γ コード色 紫
08 COIN コード色 灰
09 UP コード色 白
10 RIGHT コード色 黒
11 SHOT β コード色 桃
12 SHOT α コード色 空
13 +5V コード色 黄緑
フレーム GND シールド線

into the mapping the CBOX is expecting on its Sigma Control inputs:

13PIN for AV7000 & Σ9000TB
01 DOWN コード色 茶
02 RIGHT コード色 赤
03 SHOT 2 コード色 橙
04 SHOT 3 コード色 黄
05 UP コード色 緑
06 LEFT コード色 青
07 SHOT 1 コード色 紫
08 SHOT 4 コード色 灰
09 START コード色 白
10 COIN コード色 黒
11 SHOT 6 コード色 桃
12 SHOT 5 コード色 空
13 +5V コード色 黄緑
フレーム GND シールド線

Does this look/sound feasible? Or are there other considerations being overlooked?

Thank you.

Thinking about placing an order for one of these since it seems like a great option to simplify my Naomi setup with my existing supergun, but I saw some older posts here mentioning a v3 in the works for which steering wheel support was being considered-- This would be seriously amazing to have so just wanted to check what the current status of this is.

Last edited:
The 8P interface is the same as the RGB interface of NEOGEO, but it supports stereo. 8pin to EU-SCART (RGB)
RGB impedance can be set in 4 modes: pass-through, 75 ohm, 150 ohm, 75 + 150 ohm (now it has been changed to 0-500 ohm linear adjustment)
My Cbox has the linear knob, not the discrete switches, and I'm not sure what it was set to when it was built. I have the Axun EU-SCART cable, but I've been afraid to use it because I can't find confirmation that it has resistors for displays/switches/upscalers that expect 75 ohm output.

Can anyone confirm if the Axun EU-SCART cable has the appropriate resistors to attenuate impedance to 75 ohm?

Can anyone confirm if the Axun EU-SCART cable has the appropriate resistors to attenuate impedance to 75 ohm?
1. I personally would not be afraid to plug the SCART cable in and turn the control box on for long enough to quickly adjust the pot so it doesn’t look clipped or blown out visually.

2. If no one confirms, I will tomorrow. Here is the HD15 port measurements

Post in thread 'Retro Scaler A1'
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/retro-scaler-a1.9597/post-389178

Thinking about placing an order for one of these since it seems like a great option to simplify my Naomi setup with my existing supergun, but I saw some older posts here mentioning a v3 in the works for which steering wheel support was being considered-- This would be seriously amazing to have so just wanted to check what the current status of this is.
@Axun, any updates on an update? v3? Something without Saturn controller inputs (this is old now), how about USB and DB15?

Edited for brevity:

While I must have missed the detail contained within this thread, I can see in the OP that the CBOX has been tested with an MVS multi board (and therefore a stereo capable PCB).

Can someone with first hand experience confirm that this is are to do without an MVS to JAMMA adapter?

I do have one, to be fair, but my setup is quite tight and the adapter is pretty cumbersome

Last edited:
Back