What's new
I use my middle or fourth finger to trigger B4. It’s a lot more comfortable and natural than it sounds. First instinct was to use my thumb on B4 but didn’t quite work for me. I guess that’s the beauty of this. You have many button positions to try until you get it right.

The pushing down and spinning novelty wore off after a while for me and I felt better scores were had with a separate button. It was also weird when having to press the button twice for bomb using the button/spinner combo but YMMV on all of this.

Ok. You convinced me to go buttonless on the spinner. Thank you.

My only concern seems to be that recently Axunworks and @drfunk2k seem to have gone MIA?

@drfunk2k has been dealing with life, things are super crazy for him over in China atm. I’m going to try catch up with him on the phone to make sure he’s alright.

Unsure about @Axun but I did get a package a month or so ago of CBOX parts for my store that I had been happily patiently waiting for.

So he’s around, most likely building and getting through his massive backlog.

Pretty sure the spinners aren’t in the “affected by parts shortage” category though. Order with confidence :)

@djsheep - Do you have any information regarding how these would wire up to the DS CPS1 multi? Looks like I may need to swap the termination connector.

Its the same 16 pin NH type connector like on the original, but only 8 wires are needed on both the original as well as the multi. The 8 pin was used on the multi due to availability. There is just no stock of the 16 pin header and connector right now. The 16pin connector will fit on the 8 pin header on the multi just fine and still work. So there is no need to change it.

Definitely no need. The 2P Axun spinners work with original Forgotten Worlds PCBs and have the same pinout. They’re compatible with the @aje_fr CPS-1 multi as well as the Darksoft one (with add-on PCB).

The Darksoft spinner add-on board has less pins, but on the original connector they are unused/unpopulated, so for space saving reasons this makes sense.

Here’s how it connects to the Darksoft multi:

D5D837A0-C879-4DF7-B4C2-17835F9C7145.jpeg

7ECA7188-3F67-4D1E-B923-3DE3E5B4017C.jpeg

Hi @djsheep - I am getting ready to install this in my cabinet at work, now that I got my spinner board from Mitsu. My current buttons have a threaded nut on the bottom that holds the buttons in - this one looks like it has friction mounts on both sides to hold it in - its not clear to me how I would release the button to take it out? Can you give me a quick hint?

Thanks!

matt

The buttons on the spinners from Axun are standard Sanwa push in buttons.

The ones on your panel. If they’re screw in, just unscrew them (orange nut pictured below)

32E4AABB-F2D4-469D-9864-660D1CF08612.jpeg

Snap/Push in buttons. You can use a small screwdriver or chip lifting tool to gently push in the two plastic nubs to release the button from the panel. Be careful not to push too hard as you’ll snap the plastic.

A96364B6-5827-48B9-A395-D33C94D21F7E.jpeg

This tool makes like easier when removing snap in buttons: https://focusattack.com/buttercade-snap-out-tool-for-pushbuttons-30mm/

The ones on your panel. If they’re screw in, just unscrew them (orange nut pictured below)

Snap/Push in buttons. You can use a small screwdriver or chip lifting tool to gently push in the two plastic nubs to release the button from the panel. Be careful not to push too hard as you’ll snap the plastic.

This tool makes like easier when removing snap in buttons: https://focusattack.com/buttercade-snap-out-tool-for-pushbuttons-30mm/

Awesome - thanks! I will be hooking it up this weekend!

Well - that was dissapointing!

I have a dynamo cabinet at work - and it has HAPP buttons. The hole is slightly too small compared to what is needed for the snap-in button... :(

Matt

i have been waiting for 11 months myself. i have seen 7 months too. hyp36rmax got something from him like yesterday or something tho, so i guess hes still around

Been about 10 days with no update. What is the normal lead time for him?
@Axun has his own section here and in there this question gets asked and answered non stop… surprised you missed it.

There is no rhyme or reason as to the time frame he takes to deliver goods. Weeks to Months... if it's only been 10 days, then that's pretty fine given the way the world is atm. Give it some time, and maybe try reach out to him on PM or over Twitter if you have it.

I know it’s a lengthy time to wait with no indications, it’s just how it is and IMO honestly very much worth the wait.

Been about 10 days with no update. What is the normal lead time for him?
Normal lead time is when it’s ready. We have to remind ourselves Axun is a small boutique working as a one man show in The worst possible scenario with supply chain, pandemic, war, shutdowns, etc

Trust Axun will deliver, yes it can be frustrating, hang tight you’ll be good. Post sale support is great also, considering sometimes things don’t quite work out haha.

i have been waiting for 11 months myself. i have seen 7 months too. hyp36rmax got something from him like yesterday or something tho, so i guess hes still around

Correct, finally recieved my last order in addition to replacement parts for my Cbox. These orders were from March 2022 and April 2022. It will vary depending on parts and component availability.

@Axun has his own section here and in there this question gets asked and answered non stop… surprised you missed it.

There is no rhyme or reason as to the time frame he takes to deliver goods. Weeks to Months... if it's only been 10 days, then that's pretty fine given the way the world is atm. Give it some time, and maybe try reach out to him on PM or over Twitter if you have it.

I know it’s a lengthy time to wait with no indications, it’s just how it is and IMO honestly very much worth the wait.

Very much this!

Dang... this looks like exactly what I need, but I already pre-ordered a full scale spinner from trfightstick... I much prefer what @auxn is showing, as it wouldn't require cutting a custom panel for my vewlix. I already have a sub-button panel with a coin insert button, thinking I can move the player one start up there and use it's spot for a spinner.

@djsheep question you may have answers to... does the price cover two? Only really need the one (single player "capcom" vewlix panel currently). But might be able to split it out for another system or an external player 2 rig.

The price is for a pair. I opted for one of each style (push button and a stand-alone). Really simple to install into a cab then remove when done. You can easily mount it into a fight stick for Supergun use too (make use of the extra 2 buttons on a 8 button stick perhaps?)

I’m still investigating with @alberto1225 making a panel for these, but like you said, this is a quick and easy option.

The price is for a pair. I opted for one of each style (push button and a stand-alone). Really simple to install into a cab then remove when done. You can easily mount it into a fight stick for Supergun use too (make use of the extra 2 buttons on a 8 button stick perhaps?)

I’m still investigating with @alberto1225 making a panel for these, but like you said, this is a quick and easy option.

Given that I was thinking of cutting out the player one start (yellow button) to make space for the full sized spinner, just dropping in a spinner/button instead seems like a no brainer. Looks like I shouldn't have any issues with peeling off one of the two spinners from the set. Guess I just need to decide if I try to cancel my pre-order from trfightstick. Will think about it. No rush I guess.
1656875854427.png

Edit: broke down and ordered a set... worse case, I bet I can find someone here who wants the full sized spinner.

Edit the second: now remembering that the player one start button is a size down from the rest… so will either see about transferring the spinner to a different button of the appropriate size or bore out the hole to accommodate the button it comes with. Thinking the later will be my only option. But it’ll be a small modification to the panel.

Last edited:
Back