What's new
Mark your items as sold
I mean, mame is more annoying to setup to play in a cab
Yea I can see that, just the fact that MAME needs to be "setup" period (ie PCB being plug'n play).
I understand this original PCB is rare/expensive, its still shocking to me so many people responded so quickly just to pre-order a boot.

I've debated selling my original, but I've since swapped it out to run the "Type 2" ROMs which are not supported on the bootleg so it at least provides some variety.
That's interesting, do you know which version the Saturn port is based on?
Its the only version I've ever spent time with, I have it on my MAME cab (added when you put together that fantastic list of all vertical screen games for my L-AMI) but yet to play it that way.

Wow! I'd be interested in purchasing one too if you have enough.

That's interesting, do you know which version the Saturn port is based on?
Some of the differences are discussed here: https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53710
The biggest differences is that the hard to see bullets are replaced with bright orange balls, but the scoring and weapon system in the game is different too.
The original version is the more popular one and if that thread is to be believed the Console versions are based on the original with an option to turn on bullet "balls" but not the other gameplay/scoring changes from Type 2.

There's not really a reason Type 2 couldn't run on the bootleg boards as well, other than no one has taken the time to make it work.

I don’t usually like buying boots, but at $70 I can make an exception.

Put me down for 1 when these are available again.

It’s a bootleg. Not a conversion.

I’ve spent $70 on worse…put me on the list please.

Is there a list?

I thought he said he would just get 5 outside of the two sold on AliExpress…

The fact he’s edited the title of this thread twice to indicate they’re sold is probably indicative of the amount of thirsty Garegga bootleg hounds are out there hassling him ;)

Don’t bank on the $70 price being a thing going forward given the public interest shown on this thread.

I’m guessing they’ll be $200-250-300-400 in no time… seen it happen with things like this that turn up from China time and time again.

Back