What's new
Mark your items as sold
There must be teams of bootleggers right now scrambling for parts to cobble together more of these.
The next PCB gold rush.

Last edited:
This hog-pile thread is insane. :S
Watching the price of a bootleg increase basically in "real time" (aka eBay style) is overwhelming/slicking for this site. <X

+1

Very nice to see people who missed out think its cool to go "Actually, this should be worth $xyz" or "surprised OP doesn't go to Ebay!" before the boards have even changed hands; god forbid someone find/get cut a deal in this hobby. Don't wanna see anyone whine about "prices suck nowadays" while saying the same stuff "should" sell higher and/or go to ebay in the same breath. GGs

1649103692833.png

sengoku 3 for sale?

+1

Very nice to see people who missed out think its cool to go "Actually, this should be worth $xyz" or "surprised OP doesn't go to Ebay!" before the boards have even changed hands; god forbid someone find/get cut a deal in this hobby. Don't wanna see anyone whine about "prices suck nowadays" while saying the same stuff "should" sell higher and/or go to ebay in the same breath. GGs
“This is why we can’t have nice things”

It’s funny that it’s ok to pile on with a mere mention of a multi, but for boards that a seller mentions he has “more coming”, cancel culture sets in.

It’s funny that it’s ok to pile on with a mere mention of a multi

IS IT ok? 🤔

Always thought that was pretty lame too unless it's specifically asked for, ngl. At least in the context of expecting to actually get a legit "place in line" just for posting. If someones chiming in to say "cool project, looking forward to the release!", I feel that's different from the unwarranted "add me to the list" that definitely happens here where users actually expect OP or whoever to be keeping track of a que. The context is important- and speaking of which, there wasn't an ambiguous "more coming" amount. They specifically said they had 5 more, but more people wanted on the "list" past those 5.

Just don't think it's fair to OP to just assume they can pull 20+ more boards out of the woodwork when the supposed 5 extras haven't even come to light yet imo 🤷‍♂️ but this is a different issue then the "you should charge more! wait why is everything so expensive now!?" pre-sale market comments.

adding to the list is more of an official interest check kinda thread thing to do

IS IT ok? 🤔

Always thought that was pretty lame too unless it's specifically asked for, ngl. At least in the context of expecting to actually get a legit "place in line" just for posting. If someones chiming in to say "cool project, looking forward to the release!", I feel that's different from the unwarranted "add me to the list" that definitely happens here where users actually expect OP or whoever to be keeping track of a que. The context is important- and speaking of which, there wasn't an ambiguous "more coming" amount. They specifically said they had 5 more, but more people wanted on the "list" past those 5.

Just don't think it's fair to OP to just assume they can pull 20+ more boards out of the woodwork when the supposed 5 extras haven't even come to light yet imo 🤷‍♂️ but this is a different issue then the "you should charge more! wait why is everything so expensive now!?" pre-sale market comments.
No, I'm not saying it's actually ok, you are misconstruing my comment. I mean no one complains in those threads, (except for jassin). Nor do you see people saying it should cost more.

This is ONLY A BOOTLEG board. It's rightly priced, and the OP has indicated that there are 5 more boards on the way, already spoken for. IF, he has access to more, he's got a list of people here interested. That's all. I don't see why it had to become a shit-show.

As someone who owns one of these bootleg board AND an original Garegga. the bootleg is very good (once you fix the muddy/humming audio due to cheap/incorrect caps).

IIRC The biggest difference is the original board has 1 additional frame of input lag over the bootleg. For this reason I actually prefer playing on the bootleg.

I've debated selling my original, but I've since swapped it out to run the "Type 2" ROMs which are not supported on the bootleg so it at least provides some variety.
How would you know which caps to change etc? Is there a diagram which shows correct replacement?

Back