What's new

ImportantBet

Grand Master
Reaction score
The one located under the seal. I saw similar threads but no clear answers. Thanks!

Attachments

• PXL_20230608_152830697.jpg
    PXL_20230608_152830697.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 43
They technically pry apart but I put a small flathead into the C logo side of it and drill the other. Anything to keep the other end from spinning while you drill it should work fine.

I remember trying to drill that rivet once. It got so hot during the process that when I accidentally touched it, I got that Capcom C letter burned clean on my finger, just like that baddy in Raiders of the Lost Ark. 😆

I managed to remove the rivet because the plastic surrounding it ultimately melted. 😅

I had this same issue with a 1993 SSF2 (still on battery!!!) a few years back.

Drilling it is hard because the bolt just spins.

How to stop the bolt spinning?

Best solution I found was to cut a slot in the bottom of the bolt using a dremel with a tiny cut-off disk. The 1/2(?) inch disks are (just) small enough to cut the bolt without hitting the plastic
Once the slot is cut I jammed a flat head screwdriver into the slot in the bottom, this stopped the bolt from spinning and made it much easier to drill out the top.

Is there any pictures of an official tool Capcom used?
As a lover of all things CPS2 also following with interest. I was not aware that such a thing existed, but logically it must. Capcom techs would not be hacking at these with hand tools.

If we can get a picture we can 3D model it, and recent advances on home 3D printing (bambu/CrealityK1) mean that suitable materials such as nylonCF at home is now within reach of hobby makers

As a lover of all things CPS2 also following with interest. I was not aware that such a thing existed, but logically it must. Capcom techs would not be hacking at these with hand tools.
I like your reasoning, though I must assume they had a supply of replacement bolts on hand.

Back