What's new

Hansuke

Student
Reaction score
I have bought a cabinet with dead psu and needed a drop in replacement. I bought this because I couldn't find a 1:1 replacement PSU that was in stock.
Even though it isn't a 1:1 replacement dimensions wise it seems like it should still work. It came in, I've hooked up the 9-pin, 4-pin, and 3-pin, however, nothing seems to be working. The cabinet's 9-pin seems to have a 2-pin socket along the wiring, not sure what that's for.
Big Red 2-Slot PSU Wiring Pic:
20240426_031555 - Copy.JPG

I have a 2-slot goldie cab that works fine with its original PSU and hooked up the new PSU to it and it doesn't seem to power the goldie cab at all. There seems to be a cable coming off the 9-pin of the goldie cab that has a 2-pin cable attached that my big red 2-slot doesn't have.
Goldie Cab 9-pin with 2-pin cable Pic:
20240426_032453 - Copy.JPG
The Big Red 2-Slot MVS doesn't seem to have a cable attached to that 2-pin connector on the 9-pin cable. Is it necessary for the Big Red?

Unsure if the new PSU I got is a dud or not. Also, yes, I made sure to press the "O/I" switch to the "I" position.
Tried the Peter Chou PSU that came with the Big Red and it seems to be dead as the seller said.

Is the new PSU I bought incompatible with 2-Slot MVS wiring?

Last edited:
Back