What's new

Ziggy Cheetos Dust

Grand Master
Reaction score
I’ve just powered up my Blast City for the first time since buying it and restoring it. After about ten minutes the monitor goes off. If you turn the off cabinet and back on again the monitor comes back on, but seemingly for a shorter period of time before it goes off again. What could this mean? It’s a Nanao 2931. Cheers guys.

Last edited:
Solved. This was apparently some moisture somewhere in the system from being in a humid environment. I put a hair dryer in the back of the machine for 20 mins pointing towards the chassis. Then the machine turned on and after a couple of shut downs after Turing off the hair dryer and me warming the inside up again (it’s winter here) it is all working fine.

Has your 2931 had that '750 A1' component drop its ass all over the board? Maybe moisture is getting in to it, I'm not sure what the component is but it's a beefy little thing.

Has your 2931 had that '750 A1' component drop its ass all over the board? Maybe moisture is getting in to it, I'm not sure what the component is but it's a beefy little thing.
Not that I know of. We’ve had heaps of rain here and apparently it is a widespread problem with CRT owners lately, on the east coast of Aust. Keeping arcade machines in garages and whatnot.

Back