What's new

Legend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I have a blast city that is only getting video signal thru vga but not thru Jamma.
Is there a switch or a connection I need to have to have picture thru Jamma?
Any any to resolving this is greatly appreciated thanks!
(There is a connection hanging that says monitor but do not know if thats it or where its connected)

Attachments

• 20180125_145732-1.jpg
    20180125_145732-1.jpg
    904.5 KB · Views: 648
I will take a look at my blast when I get home tonight. The cable on the right seems to be the video cables and the middle the power but not sure..

Try taking monitor shroud off. Under shroud I have plugs for my monitor on my blast.

I looked at my blast and I could not locate wires that look like those..

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    293.9 KB · Views: 341
What monitor do you have? That remote boards looks weird.

The stock monitor is either the MS-2930 or the MS-2931. If you have the first, there's dip switches on the remote board you have to set correctly. The latter is autosync.

However, the remote doesn't look like it belongs to either of these monitors ?(

What monitor do you have? That remote boards looks weird.
Good point that remote board is definitely not a board ive seen on any blast city cabs before.
Try to follow the wires coming out of the chassis next to the vga plug(the ones with the black shielding on it)
Although my blast has different remote board the wiring coming out of chassis kinda looks the same
On my blast they go to plugs mounted on the monitor frame located behind shroud

was looking and comparing to a friends blast city and yes looks like the monitor is different and was replaced.

this confirms the monitor is not original and if you look close to the crt.connection under the vga not all wires go to the connection. But I can't see where I could run them and connect to have video thru Jamma.
Or is it a vga only monitor?

Attachments

• 20180125_185440-1.jpg
    20180125_185440-1.jpg
    931.1 KB · Views: 315
  • 20180125_185223-1.jpg
    20180125_185223-1.jpg
    604.2 KB · Views: 321
don't think its a sanwa as the tag doesn't match the one on the link.
But it may indeed only be vga

Take a better picture of chassis or any identification numbers on chassis. Hopefully we can identify it

What, the sticker on the tube? It's just a different tube, that's all.

It's a Sanwa.

a way to know if the monitor is VGA only is to feed it a 15khz signal over the VGA input. Naomi set to 15khz will do the trick, or GroovyMame with an arcadeVGA or a compatible ATI card..

Also, look on the monitor board to see if there is a switch to toggle the frequency.. I had a Mickvision monitor that did this.

/\ Yes! Thays true ill do that as it had a naomi with IO board before I tryed hooking up a cps2. And will get better pic to identify monitor.

welp its confirmed that the monitor is 31khz vga only.
Oh well that meams naomi, atomiswave only.

One more question, whats the key # for the cash box sega cabs come with. My cab came with #5575 key that opens CP only.

The cash box keys are uniquely keyed. There's no master key for them. If you don't have a key, you will have to either pick it or drill it.

Back