What's new
Mark your items as sold

Paik4Life

Student
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm selling my extra Blast City to make room for a Vewlix that I'm picking up next week. If you have any questions that are not answered with the copious amount of info below.

Details:
  • Wired for Jamma with CPS2 kick harness.
  • JVS wiring included
  • It has NOS control panel (authentic, not reproduction) with all new Sanwa JLFS with clear Seimitsu 30mm buttons, and Sanwa 24mm buttons. Seimitsu bubble balltops. Aside from testing, these parts were never used. I have some other buttons/balltop colors as well and will switch them out at no cost, just let me know.
  • Over the summer, I did a full teardown and power washed it inside and out. If you are curious, I can send some photos. You may still want to do an elbow grease deep cleaning in addition to some surface dusting since it's been in my garage for a month or so, but no need to break it all down, since I did the heavy lifting on that end.
  • I bought a replacement service door from Yaton but it was very poorly repainted. I just spent the entire day sanding it down to bare metal and respraying it with Rustoleum appliance enamel paint (I started with the board recommended Duplicolor VW white but it wasn't a good match in my opinion and was thin and had poor results). While not a perfect match, it's much better than what was there before.
  • Only partial set of keys/locks. The lock for the coin mech never had a key given to me. The key for the control panel and coin box are keyed the same.
  • Original PCB tray and/or duplicate that I made. See photos below.
  • The marquee lighting doesn't seem to work right now. It was previously working but I haven't looked into it. If I can fix it before the sale goes through, yay for you, but assume it does not work right now.
  • Your choice of monitor:
    • A beautiful MS9 (some slight burn-in but very nice picture/colors). Tube/chassis cleaned over the summer.
    • MS2931 trisync which has burn-in, some geometry, and color separation issues (bottom right corner). I started to try to tune it in, but I think the owner would probably do a better job than me, so I'm showing it as-is. The chassis was just serviced by PNL. I just got it back a couple weeks ago and installed it this past weekend. Tube/chassis cleaned over the summer.
  • Pics, see below. Sorry for the crappy monitor pictures. The colors are all bright and vibrant. Just didn't capture it well.
  • I can also provide you a video or Facetime/Zoom/whatever if you want to see it actually working.
  • If you're local, you're welcome to come check it out.
Price: $1500 for MS9 OR $1600 for MS2931.

SOLD FOR $1600 with MS2931 to @big_ugly_goon

Northern Virginia/DC area (20152); HOWEVER, I am going to make a trip to Pittsburgh, PA (Snow Phoenix/Abi) to pick up my Vewlix on Sunday, Dec 20. If you want to meet me there or along my route, I would be willing to deliver for a small fee depending on where.

Special shout out to @Metal Slug for helping me with the refurbishing. He helped me more than I could have ever imagined in the ways of the Blast City, monitors, boards/emulation, etc. All out of the kindness and supporting the community in this region.

Pics:

Cab with MS9 installed (backmounted and with very little gap in the corners).

IMG_8078.jpeg

IMG_8079.jpeg

IMG_8080.jpeg

IMG_8081.jpeg

IMG_8083.jpg

MS2931 (note this is currently in another Blast so you can ignore everything in the picture except the monitor itself) :

IMG_8057.jpeg

IMG_8087.jpg

Last edited:
Awww shucks... thanks for the shout out!

Somebody buy this nice east coast cab!

Great deal. @stringbean is right on the money; the full disassembly and cleaning is at least a dozen hours of labor if you're doing it the first time. It took me a whole lot longer because I was super thorough and generally took my time.

Had to laugh at the yaton spray job. I had to buy a replacement marquee back panel from him (for my Blast) and it got the same treatment X/

SOLD TO @big_ugly_goon ! Thanks to all that were interested.

As I said, I DO have a second Blast City and if I put it up for sale, I will contact all of you, as a courtesy/priority.

Thanks,

~Paik

Back