What's new
I do not understand why this is happening in isolation from the other Cadillacs conversion, which looks further along than this one. Isn't this not even using the right sound ROM?

I do not understand why this is happening in isolation from the other Cadillacs conversion, which looks further along than this one. Isn't this not even using the right sound ROM?
What other Cadillacs conversion? The one @trap15 had worked on?

I think this one from @neocps1 was done years ago prior to trap taking a look at feasibility of these conversions.

Hey guys!

I think in light of some recent situations involving @neocps1 over on some other forums, mainly Arcade Otaku and NeoArcadia, people should re-evaluate supporting him in these conversion projects. Additionally, he cut in with his Champion Edition port that didn't even work correctly at first and has considerably more problems than the one by @mikejmoffitt In the process he kept accepting donations for unfinished and shoddy work. I realize people are excited for these games to work on CPS2, but I think it would be better to wait on the completion for the bounty instead of throwing money at someone who clearly doesn't deserve it.

Mike has not asked for donations. He made the turbo conversion because he just wanted to play it. @trap15 was working on the conversions but won't release anything until it is thoroughly tested and working properly. He hasn't asked for donations ahead of any final release.

What other Cadillacs conversion? The one @trap15 had worked on?
I think this one from @neocps1 was done years ago prior to trap taking a look at feasibility of these conversions.
Right. It comes off poorly to be tagged for "do you want to finish up this guy's work and do the hard part?" like on the previous page. Seems like a lot of work to put in only to have people clap and give neocps1 their thanks.

Hey guys!

I think in light of some recent situations involving @neocps1 over on some other forums, mainly Arcade Otaku and NeoArcadia, people should re-evaluate supporting him in these conversion projects. Additionally, he cut in with his Champion Edition port that didn't even work correctly at first and has considerably more problems than the one by @mikejmoffitt In the process he kept accepting donations for unfinished and shoddy work. I realize people are excited for these games to work on CPS2, but I think it would be better to wait on the completion for the bounty instead of throwing money at someone who clearly doesn't deserve it.

Mike has not asked for donations. He made the turbo conversion because he just wanted to play it. @trap15 was working on the conversions but won't release anything until it is thoroughly tested and working properly. He hasn't asked for donations ahead of any final release.
I've read about this. So you mean that because he is "supposedly" involved in some PCB repair scam, none of his work should be rewarded? :thumbdown: None?

In any case he didn't ask for anything for this release and IIRC he told me that for last one he got about $300 :thumbsup:

Me and many other people had many good business with him. In any case, point made, now please stay on topic and let's not derail this thread.

I do not think I was being very subtle before, but I'll be explicit here - when I worked on Hyper Fighting and started releasing builds for it, neocps1 was thanked and given donations, and that has more or less guaranteed that I am not planning on releasing CPS1 stuff or offering much help any more. In light of that, I am absolutely not contributing to his unfinished stuff. Why does he work in a vacuum, dropping small shreds of communication and nothing else? Others have shared progress and notes.

He made $300 off of which thing?

Last edited:
Why does he work in a vacuum, dropping small shreds of communication and nothing else? Others have shared progress and notes.
This is exactly why he didn't get a portion of the bounty and just got whatever donations people saw fit.

It was made clear that notes and all that needed to be included unless it was a 100% complete conversion. Because it just makes everything needlessly harder for everyone else involved. There's no point in releasing a partially complete conversion with no notes and hoping someone will reverse engineer not only the game itself, but their work on it as well.

That kind of mindset is working against the group, rather than with it.

@mikejmoffitt your conversions are appreciated and I'm sure that me and many other people will be happy to donate, help, etc.

I see no reason why you should continue on his work. You can do it without using other's conversion.

Point made guys! Let’s move on from this and get back on track to see if these conversions will be completed.

I’m still 100% committed to my donation for the bounty and will stand for as longs as this is being worked on. I have not donated to anyone for work on this yet. I will happily donate part of the bounty on a per game basis if it comes to that.

I’m still 100% committed to my donation for the bounty and will stand for as longs as this is being worked on. I have not donated to anyone for work on this yet. I will happily donate part of the bounty on a per game basis if it comes to that.
+1 to all of this.

Same, I will also donate for single game submissions.
This is how it's unfolding at this point anyway, given the entire catalog has been deemed more effort (to convert) than its worth by the people with the skills to actually do it.

+1

Point made guys! Let’s move on from this and get back on track to see if these conversions will be completed.

exactly this, but only if the games are working 100%, not just 'good enough'

exactly this, but only if the games are working 100%, not just 'good enough'
I'll still donate for good enough though! :)
@mikejmoffitt You do good work and you shouldn't let the other guy or his issues keep you from doing these. You're super talented and your work is super appreciated.

Back