What's new
The part circled comes off. On my Revision 11 and 2x 14 boards.These can easily slip out due to flexing and also get dirty.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 198
Yeah I know, I've checked it and pushed it in farther. Like I said, DOJ has no problems, it's just Ketsui and Espgaluda

I am slightly concerned about the size of the gap between the connectors, though the marks show that the pins should be centred in the connection. No bypass capacitors seem to be fitted.
Also, am I missing a wire that should be there?
Originally people converted other game cartridges into Ketsui & Co, and they put a voltage regulator onto the board with manual wiring so they can use 3.3V parts. The Lydz board contains the voltage converter already. You could measure if the voltage regulator works and produces 3.3V.

The three ROMs provide data to three separate busses on the cartridge, so I would expect either sound or graphics to work in some way, not fail completely.

I would contact the seller for a replacement or refund.

If you are in a hurry, there would be an option if you have an EPROM programmer and a bunch of 27c322 laying around. :)

The three ROMs provide data to three separate busses on the cartridge, so I would expect either sound or graphics to work in some way, not fail completely.

I would contact the seller for a replacement or refund.

If you are in a hurry, there would be an option if you have an EPROM programmer and a bunch of 27c322 laying around. :)
Too bad I don't have any of those :P . I sent lydz a PM, we'll see what happens from there.
@Kiwi33 What motherboard revision do you have?
Odd that both carts would have the same issue simultaneously...
After looking at the images, it seems like I have a V11. Also does anyone know what the red lever does in the bottom right of that one?

I flipped the switch then turned on the cab but it didn't do anything

Unless I was supposed to flip it while it was on... I'm at work now so I can't attempt that yet

@Kiwi33 did you take contact with @lydz?
He may have a suggestion or know if there have been any similar issues...

@nam9 I sent him a PM a few days ago but he hasn't responded yet :/

Hopefully he does respond... the site says he looked at the PM a while ago but he didn't say anything

You won't get support from him, sadly.

You'd be better off making a claim on Aliexpress, though that will be a battle as well.

Aliexpress? I bought from Taobao through Superbuy. Is lydz the wrong guy then or does he use both sites? If there's a different guy here who's the seller then maybe I could have more luck with him.

If not then hopefully that $155 insurance I bought for $3 will apply to this situation :/

Edit: also does anyone know if I'm supposed to flip the SRAM switch with the system on? I was going to try it but then got worried about zapping the motherboard by touching it while powered.

Last edited:
My mistake, I thought you grabbed them ex Ali.

Don't fret re the ram clear switch. It's safe to toggle in any state. I'm not even 100% sure how it's supposed to function as I've had scenarios where I needed to clear the ram and I had to hold the switch on with the PGM powered off, then continue holding the switch on while powering on the PGM.

Unfortunately I can now confirm trying to clear the SRAM in various different ways didn't help the problem. Also I tried setting dip switch 1 on and that didn't do anything either :/

At this point, I would do two things.

1. Try the two carts on another motherboard (if you have access to one, or want to buy another and wait for it)
2. Contact the seller and ask for a replacement or return/refund

Hmm... maybe I should just get a new PGM system at this point. I don't have a horizontal cab to play Dragon World II anyways, and it's only $15 more than the game. I want to try to be efficient with my money since I'm starting school soon, so that seems safer than spending $35 then maybe spending another $50 to replace the system.

All right, I just ordered a new motherboard and it'll be here December 24th. Hopefully it'll make my boards work ;^^

I did everything I could, I'm going to be filing a claim as soon as I find out how

Back