What's new

undamned

Multi Baez
Champion
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Europen Union wants CE certification, it looks impossible for now. But if there is enough interest maybe I can arrange something.
Skip CE by simply shipping without electrical components, just empty cabinet. You can give buyer information for proper monitor to purchase in their own country.
-ud

hursit

Champion
Reaction score
@undamned You right about it. I thought it at the beginning. But I don't know how is it possible to find CRT tv for my dimensions. I don't know it looks very hard....:(

PascalP

Legendary
Reaction score
Perhaps you could think of some 'universal' monitor mount system, so you are not limited to 1 specific model of 19" Consumer CRT?
Make a frame with multiple mounting positions or something?

Solmin

Professional
Reaction score
Is this cabinet same dimensions as a regular mini cute?

hursit

Champion
Reaction score
@undamned You right about it. I thought it at the beginning. But I don't know how is it possible to find CRT tv for my dimensions. I don't know it looks very hard....:(
It is a great idea but :), the place is so small which you cannot make any universal things. Even I just fit the 19" TV very very hard :(.

Is this cabinet same dimensions as a regular mini cute?
I can tell you it is %85 same. I don't have the real one. I had some dimensions from the internet and I draw it as this information.
After first prototype maybe I can find enough interest and maybe someone give me the all information....

jassin000

Multi Boyz Sheriff
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
After first prototype maybe I can find enough interest and maybe someone give me the all information....
I was wishing I could tempt you to make a scaled down version that only stands about 12 inches tall (to sit on my desk at work).
Micro Cute! :D

Benthrottle

Beginner
Reaction score
Man, just logged in to say that's really, really awesome and I just don't know why people they just don't "build" candy cabs yet. It's a lot harder than bring one from Japan. Much probably this would be the only way for a lot of people.
Even then, like myself who lives in South America for example, probably I don't know how much would cost (it would all come down to the total weight), probably would'nt be viable as well.

Just for curiosity, do you sell DIY projects/models? I always had this "60%-size, one player only, almost bartop sized but no quite" Astro City in my head lol.

Flinnster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're welcome ;)

4041c8cf7ed3015f10bf6522a98020d5_original.jpg

jassin000

Multi Boyz Sheriff
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
That mini Astro is really nice looking, where can I get it! :)

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
@theoddtech poked me today and reminded me I didn't do this.

I'm PM'ing you roughly 80% of the external measurements now. I need to eat, but I'll do the rest after.

Internal, let me know what you need? Everything?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD IF I TAKE MORE THAN THE WEEKEND TO GET THE REST PLEASE HARASS ME TO NO END!!

In regards to the MGS cabs, I emailed back in February and was told they'd be back up for sale eventually but it would be a long time.

Update: All external measurements uploaded with pictures. Angles of the top bends as well.

Will work on internal once I know what @hursit needs!

Last edited:

mdk

Student
Reaction score
I think the guy working on the MGS cabs was working toward producing fibreglass shells not sure if it materialised.

I know he produced a few variations.

The Spaniard

Professional
Reaction score
Another cool project.

Those MGS cabs look really cool but stuff that look at the prices. Looks like this is all mini/hand produced if so mass produce for a reduced price.