What's new
Want To Buy
Well done on the sc25.

Care to explain why it fetched that much?
https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/w1068323574?conversionType=browsing_history
According to the seller it's a nearly new cab that has never seen public use. Personally I think it's insanely overpriced, but I just see a really clean cab. You can get pretty much the same experience for a a couple thousand, just without the cool story. I wouldn't pay 20 grand for any cab. Even if it was a brand new never used Consolette or Canary or something. I wouldn't pay half that to be honest.

You may only see 1-2 brand new in crate cabs every few years. Or in this case basically brand new but sans crate. They're definitely a rarity. I'm not sure 10-12x the going rate is sensible, but that's what it fetched. The brand new in crate Mini Cutes that kept popping up were only pulling 2-3x what a used one ran, so it's surprising this went how it did. Bet it was a bidding war, like I got into (and eventually gave up on) with the 14k SC-25. Just two knuckle-heads from 5k up that time.

Well done on the sc25.
Thanks! Now to seek out (much more casually) the other two.

Even if it was a brand new never used Consolette or Canary or something.
Gotta think rarer than that for 20k! Lets see some new in crate Urban, City, or Lunaria!

Not going to lie, I will absolutely fork out for a complete nice condition Consolette 26 with mech, but not anywhere near 20k. MT-8 idk, that's a seller names their price and you either say yes or no type item.

You'd have to pay me to put an Urban or MT-8 in my house, are people really paying big bucks for them?

You'd have to pay me to put an Urban or MT-8 in my house, are people really paying big bucks for them?
I think there are like 8 known MT-8 cabs that came out of Budapest a few years ago on AO. Before that people just thought there was a prototype or two and they never made it to production.

I don't know if I've seen more than a pic or two of Urban cabs in the wild ever (and those may have been expo shots even). I'm sure if one did pop up the rarity alone would shoot the price through the roof. I agree the Urban's ugly though. I wouldn't want to own a City again either.

I would definitely own a City and just leave the S16 multi in it all the time. Honestly one of my most wanted cabs

I would definitely own a City and just leave the S16 multi in it all the time. Honestly one of my most wanted cabs
Make sure you play on one before you shell out for sure.

24mm buttons to play games is a bit crazy.

Make sure you play on one before you shell out for sure.

24mm buttons to play games is a bit crazy.
Yeah, I've played on em at Daiba 1-chome. Reminds me of using the original metal Famicom ASCII stick or a XE-1 ST2 (which I used exclusively for X68000 for a couple years until I got an XE-1 Pro with larger buttons), for whatever reason it's not a big deal to me for the games of the period. Definitely not going to replace a good general purpose cab like an Astro, so I doubt I'll ever own one until I have some huge space to waste on kooky stuff

As a reference I sold a complete nice Consolette 26 with replaced NOS buttons, a repro overlay and a slightly burnt in monitor (almost not visible in game) that could absolutely use a recap, for 3000 euro a few years back. Sold to Mikado Spain but I think it has moved on.

It's the one featured on Arcade Otaku Wiki.

I really really liked this cab. Real smart design. Really an industrial engineering masterpiece.

As a reference I sold a complete nice Consolette 26 with replaced NOS buttons, a repro overlay and a slightly burnt in monitor (almost not visible in game) that could absolutely use a recap, for 3000 euro a few years back. Sold to Mikado Spain but I think it has moved on.

It's the one featured on Arcade Otaku Wiki.

I really really liked this cab. Real smart design. Really an industrial engineering masterpiece.
Thanks!

That puts me at 3 in the 3-3500eur range the past couple years. Guess I know roundabout what to expect should I find one, ha. Not too bad all things considered!

I've always thought they look great with the floating CP. Outside of that they look like they're basically a Canary? Which is also a really well designed cab.

I added a lot of info in AO wiki with design leaflets and ad flyers showing the different layouts you could position the cabinet in. The thing is rugged! Built to take a real beating! It was also designed to be modular so that any type of controls could be swapped into it making it a specific game cabinet. Only Dirt Fox got this treatment it seems. The control panel looks cool but it was a bit shallow for comfort. The original namco buttons are amazing though. A bit longer throw than Sanwas but great clicky feeling and perfect force needed to actuate.

Oh also, my cabinet had been repainted from the baby blue color to blue. If you search the web for Consolette 26 you will find an old ad by RKLOK with two Consolettes. One of them is the one I had. He brought it in long ago.

Not a 26, but it looks like this solid seller out of China is restoring some 18s and will ship them out for a cool $2400 plus shipping.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mr3OApc

Beautiful and unique cabs (I’d love that mint green one in the second pic).
I’m assuming the monitor in these probably leaves much to be desired, but I’d get one as a straight up show piece if I could convince myself and my wife to part with $3400+ 😂

Last edited:
Not a 26, but it looks like this solid seller out of China is restoring some 18s and will ship them out for a cool $2400 plus shipping.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mr3OApc

Beautiful and unique cabs (I’d love that mint green one in the second pic).
I’m assuming the monitor in these probably leaves much to be desired, but I’d get one as a straight up show piece if I could convince myself and my wife to part with $3400+ 😂
Yeah, I'm real wary of these because I'd seen this same first photo in a lot of like 30 Yaton said he was about to buy that were rusted straight through in places. Said he'd already restored these 2 and would restore others if people wanted to pay for them.

Which is a weird story because he later told me when I asked that he ended up not buying any of them because people weren't willing to pay enough. But then these came up for sale a bit ago...

So I'm not sure if Yaton stole the photo initially, if this person stole Yaton's photo, if these are restores from the rust buckets, if these are different cabs. A lot of unknowns. If they're the same rust buckets then they've got to be 40% filler.

It's also just really hard to play on these CP's. The City has the same one and I sold it because it wasn't at all comfortable.

Yeah, I'm real wary of these because I'd seen this same first photo in a lot of like 30 Yaton said he was about to buy that were rusted straight through in places. Said he'd already restored these 2 and would restore others if people wanted to pay for them.

Which is a weird story because he later told me when I asked that he ended up not buying any of them because people weren't willing to pay enough. But then these came up for sale a bit ago...

So I'm not sure if Yaton stole the photo initially, if this person stole Yaton's photo, if these are restores from the rust buckets, if these are different cabs. A lot of unknowns. If they're the same rust buckets then they've got to be 40% filler.

It's also just really hard to play on these CP's. The City has the same one and I sold it because it wasn't at all comfortable.
Interesting. It would be a gamble for sure. And I agree with the point on comfort when playing. I’ve played on a City before and thought the same. These should really only be used with 1p panels IMO. Still would be cool for swapping out shmups.

Ancient bump.

Go, go, go. I want to upgrade Consolettes. Have an 18, would love a 26 instead. Let's get the ball rolling. I keep ****ing missing every single one that comes up for sale :(

Still looking for the Consolette 26.

Happy to trade you my 18 and some cash. Or just buy it. Or I'll mow your lawn for a year. And that's a real intense offer because I am HIGHLY allergic to grass!

Back