What's new
The Short boards are nice because they're compact, but they seem to have a much higher failure rate.

Yes , its same situation here . We had some troubles with that motherboard .

@advans14 After some researches , seems is something faulty on the motherboard i have in set paired with hat trick hero romboard .

With hat trick hero is working like this (i didnt tried to convert it in Dead Connection since i have it on single board version)

View: https://youtu.be/Iu5sK9kuSEI?si=0-r-a9Z2ntshqh89

Tested with Ah Eikou No Koshien is doing this :

View: https://youtu.be/EK7_WXTmSF4?si=RtBsJmBbCOxIx3jS

After some researches conclusion is some chips (maybe sprite & graphic one) on the motherboard can be faulty and can work on Dead Connection and Hat Trick Hero without to be accessed and maybe that’s why your motherboard is acting strange too 👍🏻

I ended by purchasing a new taito F2 set to know my Ah Eikou No Koshien romboard is working

Both mothers (the one used with hat trick hero and the one used with Koshie now are short version ones 🙏🏻)
Having trouble understanding. I dont get how three of my boards dont boot with the short board. Except for one.

. I dont get how three of my boards dont boot with the short board. Except for one.
it's entirely possible that Football Champ doesn't use parts of the mobo that the other games do use, and one of those parts causes it to not run.

For instance: The bodge wire goes to A19, the reason this had to be added is because that's a higher address line only used by larger games. If there's a damaged trace on A19 preventing it from working with other games, and they're all large enough to use A19, none of them will work until that address line is repaired. But Dead Connection would work because of the bodge wire.

Yeah i get that part and how addressing works. I meant assuming it is not bodged, What prevents it from generally not being compatible? Nm saw your answer - yeah i am working on recovering the shitty work now.

If anyone had a good picture if that cpu area that would be great for reference.

Fixed it. Removed the SHIT jumper and made it topside. When they did that jumper they severed the connection to the address line. Or maybe they severed it on purpose because they couldnt find it and routed it straight To romcart.

Now all my shit works. But dead connection still requires the address line jumper

Back