What's new
For Sale
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I wont delete any posts or this thread because it is important. I learned things I did not know as well.

I have an idea about how to proceed with a potential order. I've sent my proposal to Mikonos via PM. Hopefully he will agree with the terms.

If we cant come to an agreement that protects EVERY member involved then we simply will not proceed. My proposal should make things easier for Mikonos as well so let's see.

I would use a clapping smilie but there isn't one ..so have a thumbs up Mitsurugi-w :thumbup:

Thanks, Mitsurugi-w!

Like you know, I look for nobody in this forum or in others. I look for challenges and I think in my own entertainment. Restoring and customizing are part of my hobby, but I write/wrote tutorial and videotutorials about arcade and pinball world. In any case, I try to do my best every time.

I don´t hide myself and I didn´t changed my nickname. My nick name is "Mikonos" and it was in same way from 21 years ago, when I started in hobby. "Zona Arcade. Construye, Restaura y Decora tu Máquina Arcade y Pinball", my site, is 14 year old.

I´m very proud of myself and, of course, there was fails in shippings, misunderstandings, confrontations with other users, etc., but it is normal, i´m very exposed because my work is visible and I´m an administrator of other sites and my own site in net.

About "shippings", I ship nothing without insurance nowadays. In 14 years I have three incidences with shippings. Now you know one of them.

Like I told you, I sell nothing, I don´t need it. If I wished to sell I will built my own eshop for my artwork. You don´t find a "sad selling post" wrote for me about arcade/pinball artworks Check it by yourself. Of course, you can check ebay or others webs too.

I´m interested in preserving all I can and I have a project called "Arcade & Pinball Recovery" for collect money for to buy originals that we haven´t (Zona Arcade). Example:

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=53915602#entry376467005

Well, I think it is all I have to tell about artworks.

I will return to expose more peripehry stickers, because I reply some users at the same time in this way.

Regards

Last edited:
About "Serial stickers" from SEGA, one of my users sent me a background colour variant in white. It this case, it is more easy to repro. You can find this metallic grey and white background sticker at same time in "Astro City" Cabinets.

Original "Serial stickers" from SEGA with white background:

Serial%20stickers%20from%20SEGA%E2%80%8B%20with%20white%20background.jpg

Regards

"Rounded Grounding Symbol Sticker" for SEGA Cabinet. Restored by Zona Arcade and Mikonos
Sega%20Rounded%20Symbol%20Sticker.jpg

This sticker is very very chrome and I reproduced in chrome vinyl.

"Rounded Grounding Symbol Stickers" for SEGA Cabinets printed in chrome vinyl with glosssy protective lamination (fotos 1).
Rounded%20Grounding%20Symbol%20Sticker%20print1.JPG

"Rounded Grounding Symbol Stickers" for SEGA Cabinets printed in chrome vinyl with glosssy protective lamination (fotos 2).
Rounded%20Grounding%20Symbol%20Sticker%20print2.JPG

"Astro City Periphery Sticker - Back Door Warning". Restored by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
Astro%20City%20Periphery%20Sticker%20-%20Back%20Door%20Warning.%20Restored%20Mikonos1.jpg

"Astro City Periphery Sticker - Back Door Warning" (SEGA) printed in metallic gray vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
Astro%20City%20Periphery%20Sticker%20Back%20Door%20Warning%20print1.JPG

"Astro City Periphery Sticker - Back Door Warning" (SEGA) printed in metallic gray vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
Astro%20City%20Periphery%20Sticker%20Back%20Door%20Warning%20print2.JPG

There is a rule on this site that supercedes everything: no drama. What you and Malenko posted is very helpful. More than enough for anyone to form their own reasoned judgement. I spent a bit of time reading through the posts on other forums. I feel bad for what you went through. But anything more now is academic now that we are up to speed. I know it still burns you and you'd want nothing more than to bury the guy. But we got the message and are grown men. And if we do end up getting burned, and you woud feel like you have every right to come out and say "I told you so." Realize that you don't acutally. Because yeah, no drama here and you know that.
I was actually done until you volunteered a solution to [not your] problem. After this latest post, I recommend you read the rules yourself. Surely Mitsu and DS can handle enforcement themselves without your help. But it’s fair I have nothing more to contribute. I actually have no doubt Mikonos will follow through with this deal because it’s a big pay day and he’s being watched. It’s just disappointing that this guy can swoop in here with so much evidence about his character across basically every other arcade forum, while long-tenure members are kinda getting thrown under the bus simply because we can’t print with fancy metallic ink. I feel I have a right to say that just as much as you have the right to proceed. Mitsu has personally helped me with tons of stuff so I just gotta roll with it after saying my piece. It’s actually not just about me, I’m sticking up for the others who’ve been burned. So as long as I’m not attacked again for inciting drama (which is hilariously absurd in a Mikonos thread), I’ll dip out now.

If someone can't be trusted to do business without some kind of middleman/escrow situation then I'll be keeping my money. The decals look nice, but if I wanted any of them badly enough I'd find a solution to have them done by someone who hasn't created issues for fellow hobby members. It's a small pond we're all swimming in, prefer to side on taking care of our own over ooh shiny.

This isn't magical technology, if there's really a lot of demand then why don't people get together and find a source that won't give them grief?

+1, I'm out. If we're not taking care or our own members, and refusing to do business with known scammers then we're a pretty awful community.

Why don't we collectively approach ThisOldGame, he helped @streetfighterken out and seems to be a good dude, plus everyone vouches for his stuff as quality.

Yeah, I've not received the answers I was hoping for so I'm officially closing this thread. We will try to find someone who can properly print the art in the USA who runs a business and sells things.

I'm sorry if anyone who has had a bad dealing with Mikonos in the past felt as if they were thrown under the bus but that definitely was not the intent. Your stories were heard and definitely changed the way we tried to approach this. In the end it's just not worth it.

And I have an Egret 2 with the sideart sandblasted off so I need to find an alternative also. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back