What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Legendary
Reaction score
Ok. Moved this to it's own thread to better gauge interest.

So I talked to Mikonos over at UKVAC about ordering Egret 2 sideart because he can print it using the metallic silver ink instead of just grey like most repros use. He has told me that if I get interest in at least 10 sets of the art he can do a run using the proper ink and perhaps get an upgrade to a UV resistant sealant.

The price he has given me is around 80 Euro (Around $90 USD) each plus shipping.

Let me know in this thread if you are interested and I will add you to the list. Please don't say you will buy it if you are not 100% wiling to pay for the art when it is ready. I'll get the list started with two sets for myself.

INTEREST LIST

@Mitsurugi-w --- 2 sets
@acblunden2 --- 2 sets
@mncmt --- 1 set
@Derick2k --- 2 sets
@kuze --- 1 set
@ekorz --- 1 set
@8bitforlife --- 1 set
@garrz32 --- 1 set

ekorz

Multi Boyz 4 Pi
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
+1 set

Thanks for driving this!

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Legendary
Reaction score
What's the ETA?

And are there any examples of his work using the proper ink to be seen?
I asked about the ETA and I'll let you know as soon as he answers.

He does have a picture of a test print in his thread here:

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=58515931

He also shows the entire printing process on his site. He seems to be a perfectionist. Link below but you have to register to see it. Interesting stuff.

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=58178822#entry410440522

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Thanks for the links. I'm probably in for two, but I'll confirm my ability when we have at least a slight idea as to the ETA.

Scarletspeedstr

Student
Reaction score
I'd love to see someone use something like this for a Virtua Fighter CP repro. It wouldn't completely give the mirrored effect, but it's been a long time coming and there isn't much out there.

Derick2k

Immortal
Reaction score
@Mitsurugi-w If no one else jumps in to get the 10th one need to go ahead with group order, i'll pick it up, might come in handy if I mess up the installation on a set.

Also, can you ask him if he has any NAC or Super Neo 29 sideart, I would like to buy a set of each if he can print those.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Legendary
Reaction score
You mean the plexi marquee holder?

Nevermind, I see now.

Reaction score
Hi, Im Mikonos and I´m Zona Arcade´s Webmaster!

I´m restorer of Egret II Side Arts.

Mitsurugi-w told there are interested in some other pices too:

NAC Sideart
Super Neo 29 Sideart
New Net City Sideart
New Net City Marquee

I restored all these pieces and reproduced succesfully. Let´s see:

- About "Astro City Side Arts" : It was needed a green fluorescent ink impossible in digital printing method (plotter), for this reason it was printed in off-set. It will same printing method that egret II Side Art.

Here you can see my digital restoration, I preserve original dot patter):

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=57798929#entry407453973

- About New Net City Side Arts: It was needed to print over chrome vinyl. I order a extra glossy protective lamination for repro, same with Astro City Side Arts. I like to protect all my printing results with this improvement.

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=49856566#entry414490882

- About New Net city Marquee: It was needed a chrome details in logo:

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=58761190#entry415591840

- About Super Neo 29 Sideart, Nobody asked me for now. I like to get original material with his original dot patter. I can restore all.

I have all artwok set scanned from New Net city, even reproduced, it was easy. About Astro City and New Astro City. I have all pieces restored or in way, but not all reproduced for now.

Now, I´m collecting and restore all periphery stickers by SEGA for Astro City, Naomi and other cabs

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=60281935&st=15#entry437461897

I have more stikers, of course, but, it was a good develop for now.

Some examples:

"Astro City Japan Sticker 421-7937" (SEGA) printed in metallic gray vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).

Reproduction details in "New Net City Side Arts" printed in chrome vinyl with extra gloss protective lamination (photo 2).

"Net City Instruction Space Sheet" (SEGA) repro printed in paper, like original (photo 2).

"Net Net City Marquee" printed in HQ backlite with real chrome details (photo 2).

"Astro City Key Sticker" (SEGA) printed in metallic gray vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).

Arcade artwork "Fork Here Sticker" (SEGA Cabinets) printed in vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).

2x "Astro City Side Arts" (SEGA) off-set repros in vinyl with gloss extra protective lamination (photo 2).

"New Net City Control Panel Overlay Perfect Reproduction" printed in chrome vinyl with extra gloss protective lamination and precut (photo 3).

"Complete Japan Warning Sticker" for SEGA Cabinets restored and printed in adhesive paper with gloss lamination (photo 1).

"Jamma Sticker" for Astro City and other cabinets printed in vinyl with glossy protective lamination (photo 2).

"Astro City Power Description Sticker" for SEGA Cabinets printed in metallic gray vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).

"Net City Display Card Space" (Marquee) repro printed in backlite HQ (photo 2).

Mi mail: midasororey@gmail.com

Last edited:

garrz32

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi.

put me down for one set please (egret 2 side art)

Last edited:

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Welcome @Mikonos, fantastic artwork there mate, alongside @alberto1225's panels... I reckon full cab restores have a bright future!

Status
Not open for further replies.