What's new

TheCrow

Student
Reaction score
Yo everyone what's up

I had this cps3 on parts bin and decided to take a look at it, Because i bought a lot of faulty cps3 boards and just threw them in a bin and didn't examine them, was wondering if i can fix some of them so i took a look at them and this one seemed promising as it was somewhat clean and only one IC missing and no bent pins,

IMG_4194.jpeg

Now onto the repair:

So first: i soldered the IC (12F) HA16103FPJ that was missing.

IMG_4196.jpeg

Second: booted the game to see if it has more problems, The good thing is it recognized the simms and booted into the game, but had graphical issues, so i went into the test menu and done a memory check and it revealed that the character rams are faulty (that was no surprise).

IMG_4202.jpeg

IMG_4198.jpeg
IMG_4199.jpeg

Third: i desoldered the character rams ( 2D/3D/4D/5D) with the hot air station as they are surface mounted & then prepared the pad's with new solder & soldered the new rams (taken from a donor board) in place.

Finally tested it and the graphics are normal but it still has one issue which is there is no sound, l'll check that later.

IMG_4203.jpeg

IMG_4205.jpeg

IMG_4207.jpeg

Hope you guys enjoyed this fix.

Last edited:
the sound issue is now fixed
I wanted to replace the LM chips but on a hunch wanted to test the two transistors that are on the sound section, compared them to ones on a donor bord and one of them came with different reading + when desoldering one leg fell off , replaced that one , tested , boom sound is back.

IMG_4227.jpeg

This is the sucker that caused no sound

Back