What's new
Hope you guys love these as much as I do!
5dnswk.jpg

Yes :D

@Derick2k shipped to me the Original Capcom Spinner. Thanks to him to trust me for that very Rare Part :D

So, i have finished all the parts for 2 prototype of it. There is only metal parts left. Which i have sent the Datas to CNC today. When i get the metal parts, i will assembly and test it.

The idea is create a PCB for arcade and PC Emulation on the joystick.

I will open a thread for it very soon and inform you guys ;)

@Derick2k shipped to me the Original Capcom Spinner. Thanks to him to trust me for that very Rare Part
Once you're done with this, if you're interested I have a Ghox Spinner that I would be willing to send to you for reproduction.

Very very nice @hursit

You do awesome work man. And thanks to @Derick2k for sending the part to him for the repro.

This forum is the best.

Absolutely Awesome!!! I'm definitely in for 1, and i also need a "capcom" badge for the spinner i currently have if anyone knows where to get them. Thanks for making this happen, you guys are the best!!!

This was one of my all time favorite arcade games. It's on my CPS1 multi board, but really no way to play it without a spinner. Sign me up!

Thanks for the interest, comments guys.

We are still debating options for repro panels. I would like to see repro panels for most cabs out there, for sure the sega blast type at the very least. We will need to get measurements of the available height/space in the control panels for different cabs, etc...as these spinners are much taller than a regular joystick/spinner.

We will be making an official thread regarding these soon, as we just had parts cnc machined, as well as injection molds made for some parts.

But for now, we just want to get these finished up according to the original specs and do some testing before going forward.

Once you're done with this, if you're interested I have a Ghox Spinner that I would be willing to send to you for reproduction.
Possibly a future project :) I have a quite few spares so I will send him one. Would there be enough interest you think?
The cp artwork CodeCrank made up is gorgeous, I would definitely want repro panels made with it.

Would there be enough interest you think?
I think right now there is less interest than the Capcom Spinners, however I think the Ghox Spinners are underraited as if they're available they'd make great "generic" spinners for a lot of people. Consider Brizzo's spinner adapter, any game that uses a joystick but SHOULD use a spinner would be better serviced with the Ghox spinner because you can retain up/down joystick movement as well; it opens up a lot of options. But I don't think it's something anyone has really considered up to this point since they're so expensive/hard to find.

The cp artwork CodeCrank made up is gorgeous, I would definitely want repro panels made with it.
I particularly like this because it's not really "Forgotten Worlds" Specific, which means it can easily work with any regional named variant of the game. as well as other games such as Eco Fighters. it doesn't hurt that the design is awesome too :)

I think right now there is less interest than the Capcom Spinners, however I think the Ghox Spinners are underraited as if they're available they'd make great "generic" spinners for a lot of people. Consider Brizzo's spinner adapter, any game that uses a joystick but SHOULD use a spinner would be better serviced with the Ghox spinner because you can retain up/down joystick movement as well; it opens up a lot of options. But I don't think it's something anyone has really considered up to this point since they're so expensive/hard to find.

I particularly like this because it's not really "Forgotten Worlds" Specific, which means it can easily work with any regional named variant of the game. as well as other games such as Eco Fighters. it doesn't hurt that the design is awesome too :)
Agree on both counts.

I prefer the Ghox one over the regular spinners, will look into getting done ;)

And yeah, the CP artwork theme would work well with the Capcom spinners on just about any setting.

Hey people
Yes i can make a Control Panel too for this spinner. If people want and @codecrank allow to me use his design, i can do it. Or i can make another artwork for it ;)
I'm thinking I'd try to put it in a custom cut Vewlix panel with the spinner to the right of the six buttons so I can use it for various games.

The Egret possible panels for these capcom (and ghox) spinners were a little tough. There's little plastic baffles that will bump the joysticks if they're not lined up in the right spots. I sent all of that data to Codecrank/Alberto and we came up with these solutions years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_4168.jpg
    IMG_4168.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 94
IIRC- the Sega panels that'll fit these are a lot easier to figure out. I might still have the measurements for those as well, somewhere- but I'd bet Alberto still has that data.

I'm thinking I'd try to put it in a custom cut Vewlix panel with the spinner to the right of the six buttons so I can use it for various games.

I dont think the spinner joystick will fit inside the Vewlix Panel
But i have a plan for it. If there will be enough interest and good selling for this original one. I will create a new design for Vewlix and my arcade Sticks too. But it is really takes much time to make a new design. So i have to see there is enough selling to motivate myself :P

The Egret possible panels for these capcom (and ghox) spinners were a little tough. There's little plastic baffles that will bump the joysticks if they're not lined up in the right spots. I sent all of that data to Codecrank/Alberto and we came up with these solutions years ago.

I dont have original Egret Cabinet , but i beleive @Derick2k can test it when i ship the first prototype to him for testing ;) . Then maybe i will need your help

The capcom forgotten worlds spinners Make that game! They are amazing and feel so good to play on! After going through the game at galloping ghost in 2019 on a proper rare capcom spinner, I'm now a believer! If we can only solve the world's shortage problem of capcom spinners and snk ls-30 rotary sticks, the world would be a better place.

Count me in!

ls-30s aren't THAT bad to find...

you can usually find a set shipped for under $200, which puts them in the same value ball-park as normal Taito Spinners, it'd likely be very difficult to repo them at that price point.

though just repoing the yellow plastic tops would be huge since most of them time they're badly chewed up from people trying to take them apart and don't know how.

Ok guys, interest check poll over here

Capcom Spinner Interest Check Poll

Please vote, we need to gauge interest to see about we can expect as far as orders are concerned. As we need to get parts cnc machined and some injection molded. Only want to accurately reproduce these.

Yes :D

@Derick2k shipped to me the Original Capcom Spinner. Thanks to him to trust me for that very Rare Part :D

So, i have finished all the parts for 2 prototype of it. There is only metal parts left. Which i have sent the Datas to CNC today. When i get the metal parts, i will assembly and test it.

The idea is create a PCB for arcade and PC Emulation on the joystick.

I will open a thread for it very soon and inform you guys ;)
Looks amazing! Wonderful work, sir!
-ud

Back